Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4 Games

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: 4 Games
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »
And if they fired Chiz right now who would you put in as interim?  The O-coordinator who is apparently allowing Madden to call the plays for him on his PSP or the D-coordinator whose unit gave up 63?
It would be interesting to see these two units minus Chizik putting his hands in them.  The offense doesn't really look like anything Loeffler did at Temple.  It looks like the same shit from last year, with a few of Loeffler's plays mixed in now and then.  The defense looks just as plain as last season.  One has to wonder how much they are being allowed to run their own system.  The common denominator on both sides of the ball appears to be Chizik.  Especially when you consider facts such as how Roof has made a decimated Penn State team a top 25 defense his first season there.  These guys aren't just forgetting how to run it when they come to Auburn, then remember how to run it the second they leave.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 01:12:40 PM »
I really don't understand how he and Jacobs haven't been shown the fucking door yet?  Don't the people in charge realize the longer he stays around the worse it is going to be?

My guess is JJ hasn't got the nuts to admit his miserable failure.  And that Gouge is more an academic who will wait til the end of the season, evaluate, and can BOTH.  He's been a hands off guy on athletics anyway, I don't expect him to move fast now. 

I know fans want a change now, and think it will spark the team.  Didn't in 1998.  We only beat La. Tech and UCF after Bowden was fired/quit.  (Looking back at the scores that season, fuck, nobody thrashed us anywhere near like this past Sat.)  Also, you're assuming the players want him canned.  For all we know, they may love the guy, I don't have a clue how any of them feel.  He may have them all convinced that it's their failure to execute that's caused all this.  That they are simply not grasping what they're trying to do. 

For me, yeah it would be making a statement that "someone cares" if they announced the move now, but looking back at Auburn's history, no coach has survived a disastrous like this, and the only thing that would shock me is if Chiz did.  I'm as pissed and dismayed as any of y'all, but really am indifferent to when they make the change, or the announcement, because it's going to change nothing for this year's team.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 01:17:20 PM »
I really never thought I would say this, but I miss Bobby Lowder.

That SOB would have Jacob's head on a platter by now.

That's why when people wanted lowder gone I cautioned be careful what you wish for. He's the only one with nuts to make a decision more than likely in auburns best interest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
My guess is JJ hasn't got the nuts to admit his miserable failure.  And that Gouge is more an academic who will wait til the end of the season, evaluate, and can BOTH.  He's been a hands off guy on athletics anyway, I don't expect him to move fast now. 

I know fans want a change now, and think it will spark the team.  Didn't in 1998.  We only beat La. Tech and UCF after Bowden was fired/quit.  (Looking back at the scores that season, fuck, nobody thrashed us anywhere near like this past Sat.)  Also, you're assuming the players want him canned.  For all we know, they may love the guy, I don't have a clue how any of them feel.  He may have them all convinced that it's their failure to execute that's caused all this.  That they are simply not grasping what they're trying to do. 

For me, yeah it would be making a statement that "someone cares" if they announced the move now, but looking back at Auburn's history, no coach has survived a disastrous like this, and the only thing that would shock me is if Chiz did.  I'm as pissed and dismayed as any of y'all, but really am indifferent to when they make the change, or the announcement, because it's going to change nothing for this year's team.     
The thing I keep thinking of is fire them now, and who the fuck should we leave in place as interm?

When new kid mentioned Van Gorder staying, I said I am not so sure, and I am even more not sure.

Not that it matters anyways.  Might as well let the players coach, a la Varsity Blues.

I will say this, though. If they have any plans on bringing in Petrino.  I say fire Chizik now. Get Petrino in there, to at least keep recruiting, and let BVG run the rest of the season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 02:37:49 PM »
That's why when people wanted lowder gone I cautioned be careful what you wish for. He's the only one with nuts to make a decision more than likely in auburns best interest.

Lowder made decisions that were often in Auburn's best interest, but only when they were also in Lowder's best interest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »
The thing I keep thinking of is fire them now, and who the fuck should we leave in place as interm?

When new kid mentioned Van Gorder staying, I said I am not so sure, and I am even more not sure.

Not that it matters anyways.  Might as well let the players coach, a la Varsity Blues.

I will say this, though. If they have any plans on bringing in Petrino.  I say fire Chizik now get Petrino in there, to at least keep recruiting, and let BVG run the rest of the season.

It's hard to know how much difference a month will make with regard to bringing in a new coach.  Regardless of that epic quit Saturday night, I still say just ride it out for another month and trust....damn, I hate saying trust...that the PTB already have a plan in place and there will be a quick, smooth transition right after the Iron Bowl. 

There is no way in hell anyone in charge does not already know the fate of Gene Chizik at this point.  With all his coachspeak, it may be that he already knows and is just riding it out himself.  I think about Ole Miss when the season was over for Corch Yaw Yaw.  They announced his leaving and Houston stepped to the podium.  The deal had long since been done.  (Save the Ole Miss comparisons, just talking about transition) IMO, that's what needs to happen here and....something else to think about...

Would we be able to do that with a coach who's team is going bowling?  Hmmmm....been done before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »
Another question.  What would you do if they did in fact fire Chizik after the Iron Bowl, and then announced that they were forming a committee to do a coaching search....and each week dragged on...without a word?  Happened a few years ago and suddenly, the name Gene Chizik was announced. 

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 03:02:34 PM »

^^This for the most part.

I just think it's time to cut ties now.  Make the statement to current players, students, assistant coaches, fans, and recruits that the PTB see the bleeding and want it to stop.

You all realize that as of right now, we have no guaranteed statement saying that Chizik will be fired, right?  I mean, for all we know, Gogue may not want to get rid of Jacobs.  Jacbos may not want to get rid of Chizik.  They may place all of the blame on the new coordinators or a few select players.  We could very well be stuck with this again next season. 

They need to make a statement.  Fire Gene Chizik.  The interim doesn't matter.  This season is screwed anyway.

And honestly, I think giving recruits more time to contemplate their college future bodes better for us than firing Chizik later and them feeling rushed to make a decision.  Give them some time to reevaluate, visit other campuses, visit Auburn again, and then get to know the new coach. 

Right now is awful.  Real awful.  And this past weekend was the last semblance of hope for the season.  The stadium may not have been full, but just wait until you see the next three weeks. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »
You all realize that as of right now, we have no guaranteed statement saying that Chizik will be fired, right? 

When OM announced Nutt's termination (which would occur after the season) and allowed him to coach the remaining games, it was the dumbest dumb shit move in the world.

You either fire the guy or you let him ride out the season, but you don't announce that you plan on firing the guy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 03:35:07 PM »
When OM announced Nutt's termination (which would occur after the season) and allowed him to coach the remaining games, it was the dumbest dumb shit move in the world.

You fire the guy.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »
FTFY

You either do one or the other, but you damn sure don't announce the action to be taken at some later date.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »
^^This for the most part.

I just think it's time to cut ties now.  Make the statement to current players, students, assistant coaches, fans, and recruits that the PTB see the bleeding and want it to stop.

You all realize that as of right now, we have no guaranteed statement saying that Chizik will be fired, right?  I mean, for all we know, Gogue may not want to get rid of Jacobs.  Jacbos may not want to get rid of Chizik.  They may place all of the blame on the new coordinators or a few select players.  We could very well be stuck with this again next season. 
They need to make a statement.  Fire Gene Chizik.  The interim doesn't matter.  This season is screwed anyway.

And honestly, I think giving recruits more time to contemplate their college future bodes better for us than firing Chizik later and them feeling rushed to make a decision.  Give them some time to reevaluate, visit other campuses, visit Auburn again, and then get to know the new coach. 

Right now is awful.  Real awful.  And this past weekend was the last semblance of hope for the season.  The stadium may not have been full, but just wait until you see the next three weeks.

The empty seats would be staggering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 03:44:52 PM »
The empty seats coffers would be staggering.

There
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
The empty seats would be staggering.

That alone tells me AU will have a new coaching staff for '13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 04:05:14 PM »
I've never seen Auburn as empty and destitute during gameday as I did last weekend.  It was pathetic.  I would venture to say that businesses in Lee County are losing millions due to this clusterfuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »
I've never seen Auburn as empty and destitute during gameday as I did last weekend.  It was pathetic.  I would venture to say that businesses in Lee County are losing millions due to this clusterfuck.

We left at 1/2 time and as we went by one of the concession stands there was no one in line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »

Watch that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »

Watch that.
And yet they still don't have a really fucking Auburn helmet...WTF!!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:41:10 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »
Couldn't bring myself to listen to Granny Clampett today.  Still too soon after Saturday night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2012, 04:43:30 PM »
Why did you make me listen to that, it was fucking stupid anyways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum