Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4 Games

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
4 Games
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »
This season can't end quick enough but unfortunately, there are still 4 games to suffer through.  All kidding aside, 2 are "winnable" games and the other two will be beatdowns of Biblical proportions.  If this was year one for this staff and this had happened, we'd probably be talking about spending those 4 games playing the Frosts and Wallaces and Westermans of the world, to see who wants to play and get a jump on next year.  But, this staff has to know it's future is in total limbo...with the limbo leaning over the edge of the cliff, about to fall into the ocean. 

So, do they really give a shit about next year?  I imagine if you took poll of the Auburn nation right now, 95% would say it's a no-brainer to start Wallace this Saturday against probably the worst opponent on the schedule, so he can get some serious reps.  People, regardless of whether this staff stays or not, we don't have a QB for 2013.  I don't believe Wallace is the long term answer.  Could be wrong.  But right now, he sure looks to be the far better option of the 3.  Will Gene Chizik do what's "right" for this team's future?  Will they inexplacably start Jake Holland again over the future at MLB...the guy who had 12 tackles on the road the week before?  J. Evans is a senior with about -4 tackles on the season. Will they let Kris Frost get his reps against NMSU or will it be same old, same old? 

"Abomination" was the best word I saw earlier to describe this season.  But there are 4 games left and 2013 is coming whether we want to think about it or not.  Does this staff see we need to use these 4 games plan for the future?  Do they care, knowing they probably won't be there next year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

Re: 4 Games
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:19:10 PM »
my skreets just told me wallace is the starter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »
Honestly?  As bad and hopeless as we are?  Even though I hate Georgia and Alabama, I wish we could forfeit these games for their sakes.  It's not right that they have to spend valuable weekend/practice time playing against this abortion of a football team.

I can't imagine how bored they are.  Do they just get excited about stats?  When Georgia's busses travel down Donahue and enter the stadium, are the players focused on the game?  Maybe they're studying for tests or playing cards. 

Does Richt even watch game film the week leading up to the game?  Maybe he'll catch up on The Walking Dead. 

4 games.  Yeesh.  Going to be a long month.

UNLESS THE PTB GETS THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES AND FIRES GENE CHIZIK RIGHT NOW AND GIVES THIS TEAM A REASON TO ACTUALLY TRY. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27:53 PM »
Honestly?  As bad and hopeless as we are?  Even though I hate Georgia and Alabama, I wish we could forfeit these games for their sakes.  It's not right that they have to spend valuable weekend/practice time playing against this abortion of a football team.

I can't imagine how bored they are.  Do they just get excited about stats?  When Georgia's busses travel down Donahue and enter the stadium, are the players focused on the game?  Maybe they're studying for tests or playing cards. 

Does Richt even watch game film the week leading up to the game?  Maybe he'll catch up on The Walking Dead. 

4 games.  Yeesh.  Going to be a long month.

UNLESS THE PTB GETS THEIR HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES AND FIRES GENE CHIZIK RIGHT NOW AND GIVES THIS TEAM A REASON TO ACTUALLY TRY.

Unfortunately for us I believe Saban hates Auburn/Chiz enough to make them try.  UGA, who knows.

And if they fired Chiz right now who would you put in as interim?  The O-coordinator who is apparently allowing Madden to call the plays for him on his PSP or the D-coordinator whose unit gave up 63?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:29:41 PM »
The O-coordinator who is apparently allowing Madden to call the plays for him on his PSP

Ummm... those Madden playbooks have more than 4 plays.  Unless he doesn't know how to change screens.

I'm thinking it's more like Techmo Bowl.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:41 PM »
Ummm... those Madden playbooks have more than 4 plays.  Unless he doesn't know how to change screens.

I'm thinking it's more like Techmo Bowl.

Well that pic does have sweep left and sweep right on it.  Sweep up the middle must have gotten thrown out.

I think I figured out his other problem, all those plays only have 9 men on the field, he doesn't know what to do with the other two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
Aaaaaand...in that 4 games next month, Chizik will "earn" almost $300k.

Well, unless you are counting his paycheck by games, and if you do that, he will "earn" about $1.2M...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
Think about it for a second.  Despite the pocket full of change these guys are being paid, they HAVE to know they will mostl likely not be here next year.  Who knows, maybe they've already been told?  So, how do you focus on a game plan (Ha, even I laughed at my own use of the term, "Game plan") for NMSU or Georgia or even think about what's best for this team and these guys you recruitied for 2013 and beyond?

Would you be working on a game plan, or a contingency plan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
I think I figured out his other problem, all those plays only have 9 men on the field, he doesn't know what to do with the other two.

No, he does. The other two are chasing penalty flags.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
Aaaaaand...in that 4 games next month, Chizik will "earn" almost $300k.

Well, unless you are counting his paycheck by games, and if you do that, he will "earn" about $1.2M...

You can go ahead and count what is being lost from the lack of fan attendance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 12:36:59 PM »
I really don't understand how he and Jacobs haven't been shown the fucking door yet?  Don't the people in charge realize the longer he stays around the worse it is going to be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »
I really don't understand how he and Jacobs haven't been shown the fucking door yet?  Don't the people in charge realize the longer he stays around the worse it is going to be?

These are the same people who saw the wisdom in giving Chizik the extension and huge buyout in the first place.  I totally understand the wisdom in rewarding the guy for a MNC and job well done.  But, you don't mortgage the farm.  Hand the man a big check and say thank you.  As was reported Bobby Lowder was the only one who was against it.  My little alleyway behind some rundown projects in Cleveland that I call skreets, says it was a simple bidnezz decision.  He owned up to the fact that they had been burned too many times before giving extensions and buyouts...a la Tubby and Tiny..and thought it best not to do that for a second year coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 12:45:51 PM »
There should be a "clusterfuck" (a.k.a. "dumpsterfire") clause in every corch's contract.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »
Question, Clark:

When you say "beatdowns of Biblical proportions," are you talking Samson vs. the Philistines or Israel's war with Amalek or David vs. Goliath, or Jesus flipping over tables in the temple?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Question, Clark:

When you say "beatdowns of Biblical proportions," are you talking Samson vs. the Philistines or Israel's war with Amalek or David vs. Goliath, or Jesus flipping over tables in the temple?

Terrance Cody at Ryans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
These are the same people who saw the wisdom in giving Chizik the extension and huge buyout in the first place.  I totally understand the wisdom in rewarding the guy for a MNC and job well done.  But, you don't mortgage the farm.  Hand the man a big check and say thank you.  As was reported Bobby Lowder was the only one who was against it.  My little alleyway behind some rundown projects in Cleveland that I call skreets, says it was a simple bidnezz decision.  He owned up to the fact that they had been burned too many times before giving extensions and buyouts...a la Tubby and Tiny..and thought it best not to do that for a second year coach.
Yeah, but when push comes to shove, you have to cut ties.  And this shitty mess calls for us to cut ties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 12:57:52 PM »
I really never thought I would say this, but I miss Bobby Lowder.

That SOB would have Jacob's head on a platter by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »
Terrance Cody at Ryans.

Oh. Godzilla on a Japanese fishing village. Got it.  :charles:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 01:01:18 PM »
Question, Clark:

Sodom and Gomorrah.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions