Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

More Defensive Shit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
More Defensive Shit
« on: October 19, 2012, 01:28:07 PM »
copy to da al.com pasta  Eeeeeerique.....come on down.

AUBURN, Alabama -- Sophomore safety Erique Florence has earned more playing time lately, mostly against two-tight end sets and sometimes as part of Auburn's dime package when the Tigers need six defensive backs on the field.  Florence is still looking to make a major impact. He's got three tackles and one tackle-for-loss on the season, although the tackle-for-loss did come last Saturday when he read a misdirection pitch to Jeff Scott perfectly and dropped the Ole Miss back behind the line of scrimmage.

"We've been trying to establish more of a role for him, he's got some very good physical trait," VanGorder said. "We've got to keep him on the field in practice and working on his game."  Florence, a 6-1, 191-pounder who was highly recruited out of Valley High School, has battled nagging injuries and struggled to crack the playing rotation at safety behind Jermaine Whitehead and Demetruce McNeal.

"He's had some nicks and things that have really held him out of practice and really kept him from getting some of the work that he needs to get," defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder said.  Robenson Therezie has earned a role against formations with two tight ends, but he's not likely to be put on an island outside soon. Therezie still struggles in space.

"He's probably our most physical corner, and we certainly want to take advantage of that," defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder said. "Against splits and those kinds of things, that's really where he still needs a lot of work, is out in the space area, to work on his game."

** Ole Miss gave Auburn problems early by using quarterback Bo Wallace in the running game, but the Rebels weren't having success with the zone-read. For the most part, Auburn shut that play down, but the Tigers have struggled with the quarterback run. Mississippi State used the draw, and Ole Miss got Bo Wallace in the clear with a belly to the outside. "That play wasn't productive for them as far as, opposed to, it was just a simple draw play and a simple belly play, that wasn't a zone read play that hit us," linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen said.

** Vanderbilt will likely line up in a lot of power sets with two backs, sometimes two tight ends, and the Commodores use a lot of motion that makes it tough for a team to call a lot of blitzes. "The big thing with Vandy is that they do a lot with personnel and formations, the Wildcat, some unbalanced work," VanGorder said. "So they really make you work in preparation for them."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: More Defensive Shit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
Perhaps by the bowl season we will have a roster set...oh wait..  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:28:42 PM »
copy to da al.com pasta  Eeeeeerique.....come on down.

AUBURN, Alabama -- Sophomore safety Erique Florence has earned more playing time lately, mostly against two-tight end sets and sometimes as part of Auburn's dime package when the Tigers need six defensive backs on the field.  Florence is still looking to make a major impact. He's got three tackles and one tackle-for-loss on the season, although the tackle-for-loss did come last Saturday when he read a misdirection pitch to Jeff Scott perfectly and dropped the Ole Miss back behind the line of scrimmage.

"We've been trying to establish more of a role for him, he's got some very good physical trait," VanGorder said. "We've got to keep him on the field in practice and working on his game."  Florence, a 6-1, 191-pounder who was highly recruited out of Valley High School, has battled nagging injuries and struggled to crack the playing rotation at safety behind Jermaine Whitehead and Demetruce McNeal.

"He's had some nicks and things that have really held him out of practice and really kept him from getting some of the work that he needs to get," defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder said.  Robenson Therezie has earned a role against formations with two tight ends, but he's not likely to be put on an island outside soon. Therezie still struggles in space.

"He's probably our most physical corner, and we certainly want to take advantage of that," defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder said. "Against splits and those kinds of things, that's really where he still needs a lot of work, is out in the space area, to work on his game."

** Ole Miss gave Auburn problems early by using quarterback Bo Wallace in the running game, but the Rebels weren't having success with the zone-read. For the most part, Auburn shut that play down, but the Tigers have struggled with the quarterback run. Mississippi State used the draw, and Ole Miss got Bo Wallace in the clear with a belly to the outside. "That play wasn't productive for them as far as, opposed to, it was just a simple draw play and a simple belly play, that wasn't a zone read play that hit us," linebackers coach Tommy Thigpen said.

** Vanderbilt will likely line up in a lot of power sets with two backs, sometimes two tight ends, and the Commodores use a lot of motion that makes it tough for a team to call a lot of blitzes. "The big thing with Vandy is that they do a lot with personnel and formations, the Wildcat, some unbalanced work," VanGorder said. "So they really make you work in preparation for them."

Our standard line now for we can't develop players so we give them injury's. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 02:46:18 PM »
I have noticed a trend in the younger guys getting better. has it been that difficult to "de-coach" the older guys and reteach them?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »
The Dyer-esque run last week was Florence's fault.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 03:40:54 PM »
Or Ashton Richardson
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »
Or Ashton Richardson

That's Ashton Fucking Richardson!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 03:47:47 PM »
Or Ashton Richardson

Freak play.  I know Ashton Fucking Richardson was sure he had him down and it was literally an inch from being that way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:48:19 PM »
That's Ashton Fucking Richardson!
YEAH!

:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 04:27:59 PM »
Watch that replay closely.  But for Florence sliding in, making no meaningful contact, and doing his best Jake Holland impersonation, Richardson would have continued rolling the ball-carrier over until they touched the ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 04:30:44 PM »
Watch that replay closely.  But for Florence sliding in, making no meaningful contact, and doing his best Jake Holland impersonation, Richardson would have continued rolling the ball-carrier over until they touched the ground.
I blame the whole defense
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 04:35:51 PM »

Ashton Fucking Richardson was already letting go of him.  He wasn't trying to continue tackling him.  He thought he had him down on the initial thud.  On the other hand, Florence comes flying in and gets tossed to the ground like a rag doll by a receiver.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions