Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Realistic Options

Yoda

Re: Realistic Options
« Reply #220 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
If we hire Petrino the media backlash will be epic it's already starting. :facepalm:

Listened to that interview, he is based out of Atlanta. He is still butt hurt about him leaving the Falcons. 

Besides can the media backlash get any worse.  After one season of winning it will go away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #221 on: October 23, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »
Listened to that interview, he is based out of Atlanta. He is still butt hurt about him leaving the Falcons. 

Besides can the media backlash get any worse.  After one season of winning it will go away.

Yep just ask Bama around 2009. All that laughing left quickly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #222 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:06 AM »

Winning cures all.  FACT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #223 on: October 23, 2012, 09:54:55 AM »
Yep just ask Bama around 2009. All that laughing left quickly.

I still point and laugh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #224 on: October 23, 2012, 09:56:33 AM »
Pictures of Snaggle Naked

I still point and laugh.

FTFY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #225 on: October 23, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »
I still point and laugh.

Not at the hire I don't. I think he's a piece of shit asshole but Bama nailed that hire. And against a lot of criticism.

I remember all the talk of 3 mill a year divided over 6 wins that first year and all that shit. As soon as the little dwarf started winning that shit stopped. As JR said winning cures a lot of ills. And the same would happen with bmfp. Fucker won 10 games at friggin Louisville and Arky. Look at Arky without him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #226 on: October 23, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
Yes it can...and no it won't, if anything, it'll get worse see 2010 (they'll just use different players and they'll throw in a secretary and/or athletic department woman). uat owns the media now, from NY times to ESPN to Sports Talk radio. If they want to blow something out of proportion (mountains & mole hills), they'll do so with a passion...especially if Auburn is winning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »
I don't want Malzahn either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #228 on: October 30, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »
bump.....

We might as well go round 2 with this.  I am not seeing anyone out there that makes me think this isn't going to be a long process.  For some reason and this is just my gut feeling, but I think we keep Eugene until the IB is over and we don't name a coach until after the first of the year.  It's going to kill our recruiting if that happens.  Now the real question is this, do we keep some of the staff intact to deal with recruiting or do we clean house and lose out on a ton of good players?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #229 on: October 30, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »
bump.....

We might as well go round 2 with this.  I am not seeing anyone out there that makes me think this isn't going to be a long process.  For some reason and this is just my gut feeling, but I think we keep Eugene until the IB is over and we don't name a coach until after the first of the year.  It's going to kill our recruiting if that happens.  Now the real question is this, do we keep some of the staff intact to deal with recruiting or do we clean house and lose out on a ton of good players?

My thoughts are chiz is gone (for god’s sake) no later than after the Iron bowl. The staff is kept intact with the search for the new coach on-going in hopes of hiring that home-run hit that will keep what class we have and see what staff he wants to keep.

Maybe they promote from within (Tropper Taylor) (Just guessing)

Who knows maybe the PTB have to come realize that CGC is the problem not the staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #230 on: October 30, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
bump.....

See, that's what scares me.  Like I was saying in another thread, the decsion HAS to have already been made.  We're a month from the end of the season and if they haven't made the decision to let him go...I really question Dye's....err, the BOT's mental capacitators.  If that decison has been made, then they have to be involved in serious discussions with possible replacements.  But...this IS Auburn.

Now, The other thing that gripes my grippies is our history of hires.  As I've said several times, we have NEVER made the splash hire in any sport.  They have never made the deal with the devil and hired a Saban or Spurrier or Meyer etc.  He's out there.  I'm like AU1.  I have this sick feeling it'll take 5-6 weeks after the IB and it will be Coach Sam Huffleslumper from the Eastern North Dakota State Technical College of Fine Arts Flamingos.  He's a real up-and-comer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #231 on: October 30, 2012, 02:19:02 PM »
See, that's what scares me.  Like I was saying in another thread, the decsion HAS to have already been made.  We're a month from the end of the season and if they haven't made the decision to let him go...I really question Dye's....err, the BOT's mental capacitators.  If that decison has been made, then they have to be involved in serious discussions with possible replacements.  But...this IS Auburn.

Now, The other thing that gripes my grippies is our history of hires.  As I've said several times, we have NEVER made the splash hire in any sport.  They have never made the deal with the devil and hired a Saban or Spurrier or Meyer etc.  He's out there.  I'm like AU1.  I have this sick feeling it'll take 5-6 weeks after the IB and it will be Coach Sam Huffleslumper from the Eastern North Dakota State Technical College of Fine Arts Flamingos.  He's a real up-and-comer.

Well let me play Devil's advocate.  Outside of Saban and maybe Myer, what other splash hires have there ever been that have done well?  I can't think of an, other than Saban. Spurrier has never been the same since leaving UF.  Jury is still WAY out on Meyer.  Who is the splash hire who does not turn out to be a flash in the pan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2012, 02:33:10 PM »

Well let me play Devil's advocate.  Outside of Saban and maybe Myer, what other splash hires have there ever been that have done well?  I can't think of an, other than Saban. Spurrier has never been the same since leaving UF.  Jury is still WAY out on Meyer.  Who is the splash hire who does not turn out to be a flash in the pan?

Stop running with the debil and making sense.  When you look at the coaching carousel every year, there really aren't that many changes where you think, "Oh shit.  Look out, they're about to take off."  It's the usual cast of characters moving around, and for the most part, you're looking at corches from mid majors who seem to have a bright future...like a Hugh Freeze.  My idea of a "splash" hire would be a Petrino. Hot name right now and proven success.  You know we'd win with him.  While the name might not evoke visions of Bill Billycheck or Bill Parcells, the oft mentioned Gary Patterson would be a big time hire in my book.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #233 on: October 30, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
And, while I know there is hot and cold attitudes towards hiring this guy, I'd be one in the camp of Gus Malzahn if I knew he'd take the offensive reins and let a Brian Van Gorder or whoever handle the D and stay out of it.  Watched his game the other night and said, "Oh look honey, offense."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #234 on: October 30, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »

It's not the flash that I am looking at.  I just want a proven head coach.  Talked about this earlier with someone and he said that even though Tubs wasn't a "splash" hire he was stoked about what he was able to do with Ole Miss while they were on probation and it turned out to be a good hire. 

That is what I want.  I just want someone that has coached at more than one school or at least been successful in building the school he is currently at.  Brian Kelly is an example.  Did a Good job at grand Valley State and Central Michigan, then did a great job at Cincy and now has ND going in the right direction again.   Just give me someone that has proven they can do it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »
It's not the flash that I am looking at.  I just want a proven head coach.  Talked about this earlier with someone and he said that even though Tubs wasn't a "splash" hire he was stoked about what he was able to do with Ole Miss while they were on probation and it turned out to be a good hire. 

That is what I want.  I just want someone that has coached at more than one school or at least been successful in building the school he is currently at.  Brian Kelly is an example.  Did a Good job at grand Valley State and Central Michigan, then did a great job at Cincy and now has ND going in the right direction again.   Just give me someone that has proven they can do it.

What did Sam Huffleslumper ever do to you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »

This is what will most likley happen-Which will make the 2013 class a real down-and-gone class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #237 on: October 30, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »
What did Sam Huffleslumper ever do to you?

I have no problems with Huffeslumper, I just don't think he is ready to make that jump from D-III to the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #238 on: October 30, 2012, 03:09:22 PM »
I have no problems with Huffeslumper, I just don't think he is ready to make that jump from D-III to the SEC.

Actually, he's the girl's softball coach, but his record is well above .500 over the last year and a half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #239 on: October 30, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »
Actually, he's the girl's softball coach, but his record is well above .500 over the last year and a half.

Yeah, but can he put some toughness back into our players?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions