Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Realistic Options

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Realistic Options
« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:01 AM »
Dye has all this handled.

^^This^^

No worries.  Rodney Garner will be our new AD and Wayne Hall will man the sidelines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
Dye has all this handled.

You think all of Dye's old staff is still available?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
Debbie deabba dit dot dhe dot debbah dabis deyes.

Wookin' Pa Nub in all da wong paces.......Wookin ' Pa Nub.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
-25 read more post less
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »
In honor of our 1-6 start the worst since 98 Chizik decided to commission a new pin, Bowden Style.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
The man who sold more records than Elvis or the Beatles...in Kenya.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:58:14 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2012, 11:56:31 AM »
-25 read more post less

Damn you Uncle Sani!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »
In honor of our 1-6 start the worst since 98 Chizik decided to commission a new pin, Bowden Style.

Missing a "T" right before the AU, but otherwise :gold:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #168 on: October 22, 2012, 12:00:17 PM »
Missing a "T" right before the AU, but otherwise :gold:

The misspelling and the incorrect vowel sound are fitting, I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #169 on: October 22, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »

In his defense.. it's hard to remember what the hell you were typing mid-sentence when Buzz's avatar is on the same page....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #170 on: October 22, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »
So, I'm perusing ITAT (the old site, not that abortion of a Fox production they're trying to push on us) and the Petrino debate has finally found its line of demarcation: the Creed.

The holier than thou crowd cites the Creed and says that Bobby is a morally bankrupt, suitcase packing, volleyball player schtupping, meanie.

The pro-BP crowd says, Fuck it.  Let's win football games.

I have a couple of thoughts on this silly debate:

1) BP lives and breathes the part of the Creed calling for "work, hard work."
2) Tubs once said that he'd leave Oxford in a pine box, but is not castigated by the Creeders.

I am firmly in the camp of wanting BP to be our next HC.  I do not think he is damaged beyond salvation and I think he would be much more circumspect in his actions now that he has lived through the consequences/humiliation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #171 on: October 22, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »
I am firmly in the camp of wanting BP to be our next HC.  I do not think he is damaged beyond salvation and I think he would be much more circumspect in his actions now that he has lived through the consequences/humiliation.

I have been one not so high on Petrino for this very reason but the more I think about it, I can't say
I disagree with you. One, he is a helluva coach and two, I would have to think that his errors would
make him that much more aware and focused. If that is the case, watch out!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #172 on: October 22, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »
So, I'm perusing ITAT (the old site, not that abortion of a Fox production they're trying to push on us) and the Petrino debate has finally found its line of demarcation: the Creed.

The holier than thou crowd cites the Creed and says that Bobby is a morally bankrupt, suitcase packing, volleyball player schtupping, meanie.

2) Tubs once said that he'd leave Oxford in a pine box, but is not castigated by the Creeders.

It's like you type it and then I say it...and then I try to type it myself but forget what we both said.  So, I type something else.

AU1 sent me an article on BP.  I deleted it and hell, it may have been posted here.  Don't care, though.  It made me take a second look at the guy with regard to discipline on and off the field.  I read it wishing we had someone...anyone..like that.  Obviously, his discipline off the field was lacking but hey, who's gonna' cast the first stone and all that? Someone is going to snap the guy up.  And that someone is going to win, quickly.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2012, 01:08:50 PM »
A. Can we fire an AD and head coach at the same time?

Penn State did it.  You bring in an interium - outside consultant maybe - to do the HC search.  Then you look for an AD - prevents cronyism a la Jacobs - Chiz too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

Funny, Chip Kelly can't coach, but Petrino is our savior?  And you base these opinions on what?  Both are offensive minded coaches, and both pay little attention to defense.   Kelly has at least won his own conference, Petrino has not sniffed an SEC title.  He won Conf. USA and the Big East once each. Whoopty friggin' do.  Every Petrino fan says "he'll recruit better at Auburn".  Will he...based on what evidence?  Or will he take the approach he took at Ark. and just recruit offense, and let the defense have the scraps?

I posted his records in another thread.  There are as many holes in his resume as anybody out there, and that's not counting the "creed issues". 

On the plus side for Petrino, for him to take our job, he'd have to be an arrogant fuck to weather the shit storm of media, and that's the kind of guy I'd like to have in place.  If he's all you Petrino Pimps think he is, then we might actually be able to out asshole the midget asshole across the state. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2012, 01:29:28 PM »
I think we're getting Petrino. Don't know why, just "that feeling".

Maybe it's the misdirection tactic at play, but that's what I'm sensing.

I hope we can land some superstar out of the NFL, but that seems highly doubtful.

I was originally on board with an up-and-comer, but I think that's no longer an option considering just how low we've sunk.

I've always kind of thought of him as a dick, so it's going to be a tough pill to swallow. Maybe it won't be so bad if he's our dick. And at least we can find solace in the fact that he's not as much of a dick as king dick across the state.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2012, 02:00:52 PM »
I don't understand the big deal with Petrino.

He won 2-3 games that he shouldn't have over 4 years, and put some points on the board while doing it.  He gives 0 fucks about defense.  I'm not sure how well that philosophy would hold up in the same division as LSU and Alabama.  Never won the SECW or a NC while at Arky.  Saban owns him.  Not sure how he would recruit with a viable in-state rival.  Auburn could certainly do worse than Petrino.  Not saying he's just an absolutely terrible coach or anything.  Just not sure if you guys should settle just because he may be the easiest to get. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »

He won 2-3 games that he shouldn't have over 4 years, and put some points on the board while doing it.  He gives 0 fucks about defense.  I'm not sure how well that philosophy would hold up in the same division as LSU and Alabama.  Never won the SECW or a NC while at Arky.  Saban owns him.  Not sure how he would recruit with a viable in-state rival.  Auburn could certainly do worse than Petrino.  Not saying he's just an absolutely terrible coach or anything.  Just not sure if you guys should settle just because he may be the easiest to get.

The goat fucker gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #178 on: October 22, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »

It pains me to say, that I agree with the goat humper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »

It's like I say it two weeks ago, and you retype it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions