« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Realistic Options
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2012, 04:07:38 AM »
So, we would be good with Coach Petrino as HC (regardless of his off field baggage)? Half of TPTB wouldn't like him as a HC, because they wouldn't be able to have their hands on the program (that's a good thing)...also I find it hard to believe Tim Jackson would be allowed to hover around the players under Coach Petrino (another good thing).

Btw, I'm starting to think that Coach Petrino is the type of coach that Auburn needs.

My question would be if he'd keep any of the ace recruiters that are on staff right now.

If Auburn were to bring him in & keep Coach Loop, Grimes, Boulware, Van Gorder, Martinez, & Thig...bring in his brother as WR Coach and Kevin Greene as DL Coach. That would be good.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:12:13 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »
So, we would be good with Coach Petrino as HC (regardless of his off field baggage)? Half of TPTB wouldn't like him as a HC, because they wouldn't be able to have their hands on the program (that's a good thing)...also I find it hard to believe Tim Jackson would be allowed to hover around the players under Coach Petrino (another good thing).

Btw, I'm starting to think that Coach Petrino is the type of coach that Auburn needs.

My question would be if he'd keep any of the ace recruiters that are on staff right now.

If Auburn were to bring him in & keep Coach Loop, Grimes, Boulware, Van Gorder, Martinez, & Thig...bring in his brother as WR Coach and Kevin Greene as DL Coach. That would be good.
No there's only a few here that want Petrino, myself included, but then I had rather win now with the talent we have and the verbals rather than start over with someone else that will consider this a total rebuild in order to buy time. I think Petrino can get us 25 wins in three seasons whereas another might take as much as four possibly even five to get there. What's more, no one wants to face him with a full compliment of offensive weapons and I like his style of keeping the hammer down on opponents. We can't get that with any other coach I've seen or heard mentioned.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2012, 05:32:48 AM »
No there's only a few here that want Petrino, myself included, but then I had rather win now with the talent we have and the verbals rather than start over with someone else that will consider this a total rebuild in order to buy time. I think Petrino can get us 25 wins in three seasons whereas another might take as much as four possibly even five to get there. What's more, no one wants to face him with a full compliment of offensive weapons and I like his style of keeping the hammer down on opponents. We can't get that with any other coach I've seen or heard mentioned.
A negative could be, he'd probably let all the the assistants go and bring in all new coaches...meaning we might lose most of the commitments.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2012, 09:55:53 AM »
A negative could be, he'd probably let all the the assistants go and bring in all new coaches...meaning we might lose most of the commitments.
I kinda think we keep most of our top recruits regaurdless. Foster, Liner, and, Lawson will probably be here regaurdless, especially if BVG is retained. And I believe it was Petrino that hired him to the Falcons.

Yes, I'm all about some Bobby P. I mean seriously, the guy took Casey Dick (Remeber that shit head, the Arky equivilent of Clint Mosely) and turned him into a 250 ypg passer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2012, 01:56:30 PM »

I want him. He's a winner. And we have talent. He could win now and right the ship as the cupboard is not bare. Plus as k has mentioned he will be out to prove something. Does anyone really think most fans or ptb wanted chizik?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2012, 06:52:14 PM »
I want him. He's a winner. And we have talent. He could win now and right the ship as the cupboard is not bare. Plus as k has mentioned he will be out to prove something. Does anyone really think most fans or ptb wanted chizik?

I think the PTB didn't mind, somebody who would tow the company line and not make any waves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #148 on: October 22, 2012, 07:20:04 AM »
Unce
Tice
Fee tines a mady

Once Buckwheat sings a song, it's his forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #149 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
Once Buckwheat sings a song, it's his forever.
Debbie deabba dit dot dhe dot debbah dabis deyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »
Debbie deabba dit dot dhe dot debbah dabis deyes.

Wookin' for nub in all da wong paces, wookin' for nub.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2012, 10:00:40 AM »
Una Panoonah Banka-a-a-a-a!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »
Head coach Gene Chizik said Sunday he still has confidence in his assistants, and plans to reassess the staff at the end of the year as he's done since his arrival in 2009.

"We've got five games left," Chizik said. "Our one focus for the next five weeks is nothing but trying to win a game, and that's it. At the end of every year, just like we do, we go out and evaluate everybody as I get evaluated."

Rumors are running rampant of somebody, anybody, being the fall guy. That could be Chizik, it could be Loeffler, or athletic director Jay Jacobs.

"I'm the head coach at Auburn, so it's really not about me. I don't take that lightly. I feel a very, very high sense of responsibility," Chizik said. "I don't ever really think of things for me on a personal level. I think about everybody around me. I think about the Auburn fans. I think about the players and coaches. It's about everybody else and everybody else's expectations."

The Tigers, unsuccessful in five cracks at SEC competition, are in danger of their first winless league campaign since 1980. Nobody but ranked foes remain -- No. 22 Texas A&M and No. 12 Georgia, followed by a trip to No. 1 Alabama.

"This is not where any of us wanted to be, but I also know that the only way you can continue to drive forward and forge forward is keep working at it," Chizik said. "The good thing about our football team, we watched very closely and looked at every single play of that game. Our football team fought down to the end again, and they're going to continue to do that, just like the coaches are.

"Do I feel good about the start? Absolutely not. But I also know that there's highs and lows that come in the game, and we've had a lot of highs and we're hitting some lows and we've got to work through them."

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/10/21/2248085/auburn-football-as-season-dwindles.html#storylink=cpy

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2012, 10:59:28 AM »
We're only going to focus on one game at a time.  Because playing two games at one time would be a little much, don't you think?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2012, 11:04:34 AM »
We're only going to focus on one game at a time.  Because playing two games at one time would be a little much, don't you think?

Why focus on both offense AND defense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »

Well, so far it looks like we have only focused on one half at a time. So this is a step up, right?

We are one helluva one-half team!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
Well, so far it looks like we have only focused on one half at a time. So this is a step up, right?

We are one helluva one-half team!

Yeah, but only half the time
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
I kinda don't want Petrino as I feel that he's always going to be a flight risk (either for more money or for scandal on his own accord).. but here's something that could make it interesting: fire Chizik now and hire him as interim for the rest of the season. Then make the HC decision to keep him or get another at the end of the season (although this scorched earth approach is going to yield little success, it can't be any worse than what is going on now). However.. we all know JJ wouldn't let this fly. Also.. I have a feeling that if you get Petrino, some of his old staff (at the least Paul Petrino) follows at the end of the season.

What really worries me? We clean house, and we have to compete with 3 other big name/big money programs in the job market (maybe TX, maybe TN, Ark). Kentucky may be a fourth, but I don't think they have the financial resources that the rest do. Plus if we keep Jacobs, I don't trust him to make the best decision in a situation like that.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:57 AM »
My worry about firing Jacobs... (and I am all on board with getting rid of him, but here are some things I worry about)

A. Can we fire an AD and head coach at the same time?
B. If we do, who conducts the coaching search? and what is our main focus? an AD or a head football coach.
C. Do we go after and get in place an AD first and if so by then would we have lost good HC candidates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2012, 11:25:51 AM »
My worry about firing Jacobs... (and I am all on board with getting rid of him, but here are some things I worry about)

A. Can we fire an AD and head coach at the same time?
B. If we do, who conducts the coaching search? and what is our main focus? an AD or a head football coach.
C. Do we go after and get in place an AD first and if so by then would we have lost good HC candidates.

Dye has all this handled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions