Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Realistic Options

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Realistic Options
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »
I do not want Jimbo Fisher or Petrino.  Let it be known, so it shall be...
No arguments from me
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2012, 11:18:11 AM »
Not as high on Petrino either.  Loses some games he shouldn't.  Remember a couple of years ago after beating Auburn and losing by 3 to #1UF he gets his ass kicked by Ole Miss?  Was ranked #9 at Louisville, lost to South Florida by 30+?

Of course, Chiz loses every game, so it will still be an improvement.

Plus, I'm not going to beat anybody over the head and tell them to read the creed or anything, but the man is slimy.  Do you really think if he turns Auburn around in two seasons he wouldn't jump ship in two seconds if Texas or Oklahoma or the right NFL team (though I think that ship has sailed) came calling with hand fulls of cash?  He just strikes me as a disloyal, out for number 1 asshole.  If we hired him I would cheer for him, and I would defend the hire to Bammer's and their ilk, but I still think Patterson or Strong would be the better choice, both on the field and off it.

But Petrino would still win a whole lotta games.

Great. You just picked out two games his entire career. Off with his head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
I can argue the same things about Petrino.

Fisher is 27–9 in year 3 which believe it or not was a rebuilding project after Bowden.

Sorta going with what GH said.  Petrino has lost some games that he shouldn't have, but at Louisville and Arkansas, he didn't have the talent that Jimbo has at FSU.   It could be said about all coaches though.  I just think Jimbo should have won at least 1 ACC title by now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2012, 11:26:08 AM »
Sorta going with what GH said.  Petrino has lost some games that he shouldn't have, but at Louisville and Arkansas, he didn't have the talent that Jimbo has at FSU.   It could be said about all coaches though.  I just think Jimbo should have won at least 1 ACC title by now.
He probably will this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
He probably will this year.

Would make me feel a lot better about him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #285 on: October 31, 2012, 11:29:50 AM »
Would make me feel a lot better about him.
Again though year 3 and his program has gotten better each year. 

I do not really want him mind you, just playing devils advocate to the whole Petrino is everything group.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »

And he's a slimy asshole who looks out for #1.  Don't forget that part.

And he stampeded cattle through the Vatican, pretty sure I heard that somewhere.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #287 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
And he stampeded cattle through the Vatican, pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

Pretty sure Danny Sheridan can confirm that from his sources.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #288 on: October 31, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »

I remember this coach at LSU that lost to UAB at home. Then he lost to Louisiana Monroe at this one school....I can't remember his name, but he is a shitacular coach.  One of the worst.

How do we know that for sure?  How do we know that maybe he realizes this is his last chance and he has to do what is right or no other team will be willing to take a chance on him?  I would venture that he wants to make this go around right and prove to people he isn't as bad as we make him out to be.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:05 AM »
Again though year 3 and his program has gotten better each year. 

I do not really want him mind you, just playing devils advocate to the whole Petrino is everything group.

Petrino is not my end all be all.  Like I said give me one of him, Strong, Patterson or Rhoades and I am a happy man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2012, 11:43:45 AM »

So you're cherry picking professional reasons to justify your personal disdain for him? I wish a lot of auburn fans would just admit this. I could careless if he looks out for Godzilla as #1 personally if he wins games and runs a successful program. And he has done just that at 2 places.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2012, 11:49:39 AM »
Maybe I missed something, but I don't really understand the disloyal angle on Petrino.  He was at Louisville for 4 years and left for the NFL.  After the 2010 season, if the Atlanta Falcons offered Chizik a job, you bet your ass he would have been gone too.  Alot of college coaches would be.  Maybe it comes from how he left Atlanta?  I suppose, but I think he realized he was in over his head and had an out back to college.  I can't really blame him there.  He was at Arky for 4 years and would have been there for 5.  He got caught in a lie about fucking some chick other than his wife.  While I don't necessarily approve of that, who really gives a fuck?

I'm not necessarily saying he's the perfect coach for AU, just not understanding that whole side of the argument against him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »
Lord Saybinz lost to Utah, La. Monroe and UAB.  Shit happens
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »
Maybe I missed something, but I don't really understand the disloyal angle on Petrino.  He was at Louisville for 4 years and left for the NFL.  After the 2010 season, if the Atlanta Falcons offered Chizik a job, you bet your ass he would have been gone too.  Alot of college coaches would be.  Maybe it comes from how he left Atlanta?  I suppose, but I think he realized he was in over his head and had an out back to college.  I can't really blame him there.  He was at Arky for 4 years and would have been there for 5.  He got caught in a lie about fucking some chick other than his wife.  While I don't necessarily approve of that, who really gives a fuck?

I'm not necessarily saying he's the perfect coach for AU, just not understanding that whole side of the argument against him.

Whom he hired, and was working underneath him (pun intended) and then tried to cover it up including police involvement. 

There is more then just fucking someone else to the story.  My problem with him is his looking out for number #1 attitude, fucked his team over.  I have a problem with that.  I could give a shit he cheated on his wife, that's his issue...but it affected his team, and as fans that becomes our issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2012, 12:33:01 PM »

Kinky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
Would you take Lord Saybinz as your Corch?

Can you say "Candy Edwards"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
Would you take Lord Saybinz as your Corch?

Can you say "Candy Edwards"?
Boom.

Just judging by Auburn's past 20 years, one of the main reason I want Bobby Petrino as Auburn's HC is QBs. Almost every good football team Auburn has had in the last 20 years (my standards are 6-2 or better in conference or/and SECCG appearance), we've had solid QB play. White in '93, Nix in '94, Craig in '97, Leard in 2000, Campbell in 2002 and 2004, Cox in '05 and '06, Cam in 2012. That position correlates to winning more than any position on the field. Cox's '06 season and Leard's 2000 were probably the only 2 years Auburn didn't have strong QB play and go onto have great seasons. There is no denying QB play is by far the most glaring weakness on this team which is saying a fucking mouthfull.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »
So you're cherry picking professional reasons to justify your personal disdain for him? I wish a lot of auburn fans would just admit this. I could careless if he looks out for Godzilla as #1 personally if he wins games and runs a successful program. And he has done just that at 2 places.

I did admit it, I said he's slimy and an asshole.  But that also doesn't mean that I can't think he under performs sometimes.  The man puts up gaudy numbers on offense, but he's lost some games because his defenses sometimes let the other teams run up and down the field at will.  Get the sand out of your vagina.  I said I would cheer for Auburn and support him if he was hired, but there are guys who have won who didn't try to stab their former boss in the back and have shown better judgement off the field.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

JR4AU

« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
I thought the same thing. For years, Houston could run up the score but could not stop anyone. We all wondered if that would work in the SEC. If KS can get a defense, his offense looks pretty good.

But I still say it would not work at AU with the current QB (not named Wallace) and the current defense.

This is the offense that most of the folks on this board say "won't work in the SEC".  Furthermore, look what happened when they played La Tech.  No defense.  I didn't used to feel this way, but the evidence is compelling that you can't run a HUNH Spread, and also have a dominant, or even a very good Def.  I can't tell you why, but there just seems to be no way to do it.  I don't think it's a matter of having a good DC either.  They simply don't go hand in hand.  I love offense, but not at the expense of defense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions