Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

FIRE EVERYONE!!! FUCK Y'ALL, SEE YA NEXT SUNDAY...

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: FIRE EVERYONE!!! FUCK Y'ALL, SEE YA NEXT SUNDAY...
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2012, 01:38:21 AM »
The only game I'm going to the rest of the Season is UGA. My 6th Wedding Anniversay is October 28th so making the A&M game is impossible.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 09:17:15 AM »
Upon referring to the future, VanGorder made it clear this wasn't necessarily a "wait 'til next year" concession.

"I don't think that we can use the word patience in our room. I don't think the Auburn people would agree with patience. That's not our business," VanGorder said. "We're trying to speed the process up, and that requires a sense of urgency from all of us."

Halfway through this wayward season, Auburn opponents are averaging 416.7 yards per game. If sustained, the Tigers would reset last year's worst single-season defense (408.0 yards) in school history.

"You get what you earn in this business," VanGorder said. "We've got to get better, we've got to coach better, players have got to play better. We keep saying that. And we're at the ground level trying to build our house and it's going to take a lot of work, as I've been saying."

Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/10/13/2238741/auburn-football-notes-struggling.html#storylink=cpy

So Am I supposed to have patience or not, I am so confused.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:14 AM »
So Am I supposed to have patience or not, I am so confused.

I want to know why we're at "ground level" four years into the Chizik years behind some of the allegedly best recruiting in AU history. 

Two simple questions to this abomination:

1) How did it get fucked in the first place.
2) Does anyone believe Chiz has the wherewithal to unfuck it.

My personal opinion is the NC changed him.  It made him incapable or unwilling to consider that he might be wrong or that his "blueprint" is a failure.  Frankly his "blueprint" was a disaster of epic proportions at Iowa State.  He took a team on reasonably solid (for that program) ground and razed it to the ground. 

I'm mystified as to how he avoided making the same shit sandwich at AU but have come to wonder if luck doesn't play a significant role, particularly over the last three seasons. 

Even in the beauty that was 2010, even with the best single individual performance in CFB history and a Heisman winner,  there was the doinked FG by Clemson, the 27-point hole at Bama *that could easily have been 42* the craziness at Kentucky and giving up more points than any AU team in history. 

Last year was smoke and mirrors.  Utah State, MSU and South Carolina were all games that could easily have gone the other way.  Would 5-8 last year have been acceptable? 

Like most I'm apathetic now.  Will be glad when Jay Jacobs is gone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »
I want to know why we're at "ground level" four years into the Chizik years behind some of the allegedly best recruiting in AU history. 

My personal opinion is the NC changed him.  It made him incapable or unwilling to consider that he might be wrong or that his "blueprint" is a failure.  Frankly his "blueprint" was a disaster of epic proportions at Iowa State.  He took a team on reasonably solid (for that program) ground and razed it to the ground. 

I'm mystified as to how he avoided making the same shit sandwich at AU but have come to wonder if luck doesn't play a significant role, particularly over the last three seasons. 

Even in the beauty that was 2010, even with the best single individual performance in CFB history and a Heisman winner,  there was the doinked FG by Clemson, the 27-point hole at Bama *that could easily have been 42* the craziness at Kentucky and giving up more points than any AU team in history. 

Last year was smoke and mirrors.  Utah State, MSU and South Carolina were all games that could easily have gone the other way.  Would 5-8 last year have been acceptable? 

I don't need to engage in "what might have been if..." games to justify firing him over what we have now.  There's simply no excuse to be as bad as we are.   I don't know for sure why it is the way it is, just know what I hear.  It is the way it is.  And from what I hear is going on, it's not going to change.   

Clean house from Dye on down to greenest Grad. Asst.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:32 AM »

I think the timing of Tub's last senior class and the ripeness of Malzahn's offense with the ideal trigger man was the perfect storm. There might be a guideline for success on this level but one also must be flexible enough to deal with variables especially when ditching an offense or defense whether it was thriving or not. In my way of thinking, he might believe he has a blueprint that he thinks is for the ages, but the one size fits all rigidity has led us to where we are today. With that mentality Chizik then makes a statement about the teams problems and how he intends to fix it doing anything  but. The problem is then compounded by another one because he then sticks to nothing. It might be a combination of poor decisions, key personnel leaving and second guessing but I have no confidence in him as a HC or his ability to turn things around as of yesterday.. It sadens me but that's where I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
Could sell 'em to some aggie, them guys will  buy anything

I don't think they will travel that well to this game-Remember when Auburn was good? Would you travel to see them play a 1-6 team?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2012, 08:32:16 PM »
Coughlin's Law: anything else is always something better.

More appropriate for this football season:

Coughlin's Law: Bury the dead; they stink up the joint.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »
More appropriate for this football season:

Coughlin's Law: Bury the dead; they stink up the joint.
Cocktails and Dreams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2012, 08:48:37 AM »
Cocktails and Dreams.

I have always wanted to do naughty things to Elizabeth Shue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2012, 08:53:31 AM »
I have always wanted to do naughty things to Elizabeth Shue.
Especially under a waterfall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
Cocktails and Dreams.
I see it in Pink Neon..blink...blink...blinkity...blink
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2012, 09:01:59 AM »
Shue? 

You have no idea.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »
WE!!! I won't be able to make a game this year, we'll have to sanction it some other time (even though there would be more intensity in the 5-10 minute scuffle than the Auburn team would showcase for 60 minutes).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs