Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

STUDENT TICKETS

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
STUDENT TICKETS
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:25:50 AM »
Daughter will be a freshman at AU.  Fucking student tickets are "sold out" and she started trying 15 mintues before the freshman purchase was open.  She could begin at 9:00 a.m.  At 9:00:03 she was told they were sold out. 

That's FUCKED UP.  Students should have first right to tickets always. 

Okay, they're allegedly sold out.  Whose day do I have to completely fuck up to get this situation rectified?  Because I am going to drive up there tomorrow and completely fuck up somebody's day.  I'm not leaving without a student ticket for her. Period. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Re: STUDENT TICKETS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:37:02 AM »
Good luck with that.  Its been an issue for years.  Upperclassman have priority and they usually sell out before even sophmores get a chance to purchase.  It sucks but with the limited size of the student section and the ever increasing size of incoming freshman classes its just the way it is.  Hell, they still "oversell" for the size of the student section.  Never bothered me because I like the atmosphere but it truly got ridiculuously crowded in there at some points over my collegiate career.

What sucks the most about the whole "sold out" thing is all the bastards purchasing student tickets for 10 bucks who don't know a first down from a homerun and have no other goal beyond scalping said season tickets for ubsurd amounts to fellow students.  :fu:

Also, anyone know if they still withhold tickets from main-campus students in order to offer a certain amount to AUM students?  That was so fucked up when they offered that a year or two ago...

In the meantime, good luck on your quest, I wish you the best.  Unfortunatly, I'll be shocked if even you Kaos have result with the powers that be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:46:42 AM »
In the meantime, good luck on your quest, I wish you the best.  Unfortunatly, I'll be shocked if even you Kaos have result with the powers that be.

I've got one trump card to play.  Will let you know how it turns out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
I think you should call your good buddy Jay.

I agree it's fucked up but it's been that way ever since I can remember. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 11:13:53 AM »
I think you should call your good buddy Jay.

I agree it's fucked up but it's been that way ever since I can remember. 

Well I went to Mississippi State, remember?  When we registered, they had somebody who tried to sell us student tickets.  They practically begged us to take them.  We were offered incentives and goodies if we signed up. Tickets were plentiful.

Okay, so it's fucked up.  We all agree that it is.  Instead of just saying "it's fucked up, but that's the way it goes," shouldn't we do something about it? 

Think about it this way.  I love Auburn. Always have. So does my daughter. But as I learned at Camp War Eagle, people like us are the exception. Most of them picked AU for pragmatic reasons.  When you deny freshmen (and now you tell me sophomores, too?) the right to go to football games you're cutting out a significant part of what being a college student at Auburn means. How can that possibly be considered to be in the best interests of the school or in generating the next generation of Auburn men and women? It's absolutely ludicrious that you can tell a student that he/she cannot attend an athletic event at THEIR SCHOOL.  Fuck it, throw some of the bastards out of the luxury boxes. Tell the opposing band to stay its ass at home. Do whatever you have to do to get the students in.  If you'd told me in any of the years that I had season tickets that my being there was preventing a student who wanted to go from attending, I would have given my tickets up. The school belongs to the students, none should ever be denied the right to attend their football games. That just seems wrong to me.

I don't think I'm going to be happy just going with the flow on this.  Maybe I can't change anything. But I don't think it will be because I didn't try. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 11:28:42 AM »
I applaud your thoughts on this.  I personally have always felt the same way.  Every student should have the opportunity for tickets to the ball game.  That is one reason why I had such a hard time paying student activity fees.  At the end of the day though I never made any headway and I think it is somewhat looked upon as a right of passage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 11:39:01 AM »
I applaud your thoughts on this.  I personally have always felt the same way.  Every student should have the opportunity for tickets to the ball game.  That is one reason why I had such a hard time paying student activity fees.  At the end of the day though I never made any headway and I think it is somewhat looked upon as a right of passage. 
We all agree with you Kevin, its just like Howard said...a right of passage.  I graduated in 2005 and it felt that way then, and I'm sure its the same way now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 12:20:11 PM »
We all agree with you Kevin, its just like Howard said...a right of passage.  I graduated in 2005 and it felt that way then, and I'm sure its the same way now. 

No, it's wrong.  That's what it is.  Wrong. 

If I'd known in 2005 (or 2001) that enrolled students were being denied admission, I would have tried to do something then. It's just not right.  It's not right at all.

You add getting bagged for tickets onto the mandatory $1000 dining plan (which is illegal) and some of the other financial shenanigans and it's time somebody did something. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 12:23:42 PM »
Rite of passage.  Rite. 

I agree that is as wrong as two boys fucking.  Fix it so I won't have to fight this same battle in four years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 12:34:57 PM »
Rite of passage.  Rite. 

I agree that is as wrong as two boys fucking.  Fix it so I won't have to fight this same battle in four years.

I'm rattling cages to resolve the immediate problem.

The long-term problem will take more than just one man.  And it won't be helped by people who just meekly go "Meh, that's the way it is."   What if Martin Luther had just bought a few indulgences himself? What if Thomas Jefferson had just said "fuck it, pay the tax?" What if Rosa Parks had just gone to the back of the bus like a good sister was expected to?

Accepting the staus quo when you know it is wrong is the course of the defeated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »
Rite of passage.  Rite. 

What you said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 01:25:17 PM »
Just never going to happen, wrong or not.  They allow a set number and the rest of the bright aluminum bench seats with numbers on them makes quazzillions of $$$$ every game for good ole State U. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 01:26:46 PM »
Just never going to happen, wrong or not.  They allow a set number and the rest of the bright aluminum bench seats with numbers on them makes quazzillions of $$$$ every game for good ole State U. 

I think it is all the fault of those fat cat lawyers like Harv......nevermind
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 02:06:03 PM »
I'm rattling cages to resolve the immediate problem.

The long-term problem will take more than just one man.  And it won't be helped by people who just meekly go "Meh, that's the way it is."   What if Martin Luther had just bought a few indulgences himself? What if Thomas Jefferson had just said "fuck it, pay the tax?" What if Rosa Parks had just gone to the back of the bus like a good sister was expected to?

Accepting the staus quo when you know it is wrong is the course of the defeated.
Auburn Football tickets compared to the disparagement of an entire race...or the American Revolution?  C'mon Kevin, its just football.  I agree with you, but I don't think anyone at the school will give a flying fuck.

and screw you Randall...I make rite hand turns in my car.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »

Quit making fun of me rite now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 02:21:29 PM »
Auburn Football tickets compared to the disparagement of an entire race...or the American Revolution?  C'mon Kevin, its just football.  I agree with you, but I don't think anyone at the school will give a flying fuck.

Bite me bitch.  It wasn't a legitimate comparison.  It was more of a "John Belushi/Animal House/Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor" moment. 

But since you asked?  Jefferson would have paid the tax if it meant he got to go to AU games.  And Miss Parks would have gladly sat her wrinkled tail on the very last seat in the back of the bus had it been headed to Auburn for a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 02:28:19 PM »
Bite me bitch.  It wasn't a legitimate comparison.  It was more of a "John Belushi/Animal House/Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor" moment. 

But since you asked?  Jefferson would have paid the tax if it meant he got to go to AU games.  And Miss Parks would have gladly sat her wrinkled tail on the very last seat in the back of the bus had it been headed to Auburn for a game.
Hah, thats what I'm talking about.  You should make that argument for reals...and record it, I would love to see their dumbfounded reactions. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »
Quit making fun of me rite now.

Is that a subtile jab at me?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
Is that a subtile jab at me?

Yea, but I poke fun at myself two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 04:48:04 PM »
I am not fat.  I've been working out and stuff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."