Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: ESPN's Take
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
Please.  Allow me to retort. 

5-19.

Nobody can recruit there.  Nobody can win there consistently.  He will have better athletes and facilities at Auburn.
So you want Paul Rhodes?  I'm ok with that.  We could nickname him Rhodey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »
So you want Paul Rhodes?  I'm ok with that.  We could nickname him Rhodey.

We could have signs - "All Rhoads lead through Auburn." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »
Can I ask for chiziks record against ranked and top 10 teams without cam?

Plus he was at Arkansas. I like to think we aren't them. He would recruit better here. Get a slam dunk dc like bvg and you've got a respectable defense. Plus what is his record against us? Just saying.

Speculation on recruiting better.  He didn't recruit as well as Nutt did at Ark.   And he'd never hire a high profile guy like BVG.  Here's his DCs at L'ville and Ark.  Willy Robinson, Mike Cassity.  Ever heard of either? 

I'm sure Chizik's record is as bad or worse.  And Petrino would win.  Not championships, but he'd win.  Maybe get lucky and find a big time QB and win one, maybe, but he has no history of being that coach, just a guy that has, and runs a great offense, scores points, and gets some nice ass on the side.   His body of work is win most, get shit stomped by highly ranked teams, and at L'ville, when he lost to Rutgers, he was in the NC hunt, and got upset by them.  Why?  Offense got shut down in the second half, scoring no points after building a 25-14 halftime lead. Lost 28-25.  If you tell me you'd be happy winning most, but never going to Atl., then I'll accept that that is how you feel.  That's what we'd get.  That said, I'd take that over what we have now for sure.  I think we can do better, especially in the character department. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
The humor of pissing off a bunch of cyclones again would almost be worth it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
Speculation on recruiting better.  He didn't recruit as well as Nutt did at Ark.   And he'd never hire a high profile guy like BVG.  Here's his DCs at L'ville and Ark.  Willy Robinson, Mike Cassity.  Ever heard of either? 

I'm sure Chizik's record is as bad or worse.  And Petrino would win.  Not championships, but he'd win.  Maybe get lucky and find a big time QB and win one, maybe, but he has no history of being that coach, just a guy that has, and runs a great offense, scores points, and gets some nice ass on the side.   His body of work is win most, get shit stomped by highly ranked teams, and at L'ville, when he lost to Rutgers, he was in the NC hunt, and got upset by them.  Why?  Offense got shut down in the second half, scoring no points after building a 25-14 halftime lead. Lost 28-25.  If you tell me you'd be happy winning most, but never going to Atl., then I'll accept that that is how you feel.  That's what we'd get.  That said, I'd take that over what we have now for sure.  I think we can do better, especially in the character department.

Chizik had no history of being anything.  Yet here we are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Chizik had no history of being anything.  Yet here we are.
He said he would take it over what we had now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 02:36:21 PM »

Would be a bonus to what I think would be a solid hire.  Solid, defensive minded guy.  Dude just looks like a HC.  And his 3 and a half year run at ISU is as good as any coach has ever done there in modern times. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 02:39:18 PM »
We could have signs - "All Rhoads lead through Auburn."

We could always go Rhoad House on the opponent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 02:40:10 PM »
Would be a bonus to what I think would be a solid hire.  Solid, defensive minded guy.  Dude just looks like a HC.  And his 3 and a half year run at ISU is as good as any coach has ever done there in modern times.
He isn't exactly setting the world ablaze, but by year 4 the team shows tremendous improvement.  Funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2012, 02:41:51 PM »

You know I had not considered that but do you think they would finally realize and admit that nobody wants to be in Ames?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
We could always go Rhoad House on the opponent.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »

Maybe we could offer a trade-CGC for CPR?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »
BMFP - Half the Arkansas fans want to hire him back on. He is a top flight coach, but also a top flight asshole.  Might have been able to weather the hire a girlfriend and give her $20k storm if he hadn't pissed so many people off anyway, including all the head honchos at the Cotton Bowl.  Supposedly he was such an ass in Dallas last year that Arkansas would not be invited back as long as he was the coach.  Also, if you are a recruitnik that believes in the star system, then he is not a very good recruiter. 
Malazahn - 10 or 20% of Arkansas fans want to hire Malazahn.  He has a cult following here that thinks he is the greatest thing in football since Tim Tebow. Personally I'm not a big fan of the spread offense or the HUNH.
Charlie Strong - Considered the front-runner for the Arkansas job.  If that's the way we go hopefully our fans of the more redneck-ish variety want to win bad enough to keep their opinions on interracial marriage to themselves.  Probably get ugly if he doesn't win pretty quickly.
Butch Davis - Also getting a lot of play since getting cleared by the NCAA.  Solid coach but getting a little long in the tooth.
Holgerson - Another good offense but no defense.  Also, there are rumors that his off the field conduct would make BMFP blush.

Will be interesting the see what happens at the end of the year.  Hopefully Arkansas can figure out the best man for the job and not have to get in a bidding war with Auburn or Tennessee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:23:33 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 03:23:57 PM »
Holgerson - Another good offense but no defense.  Also, there are rumors that his off the field conduct would make BMFP blush.

The rumors are rampant - mega booze/gash hound.  Think Matthew McConaughey and bongos.  Not sure that would work at AU - he can hide it at WV - hillbillies know no different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2012, 03:27:54 PM »
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-12-16/paul-rhoads-iowa-state/52011290/1

ISU money

And to be honest he prolly really doesn’t want to come in and clean up another CGC mess cluster fuck.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:57:22 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
And to be honest he prolly really doesn’t want to come in and clean up another CGS mess cluster fuck.

Now that he has experience, the second time should be easier
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:50 PM »
And to be honest he prolly really doesn’t want to come in and clean up another CGS mess cluster fuck.
who knows?

and this is Patterson's latest contract

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=6000665

and Charlie Strong's

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7119713/charlie-strong-gets-new-7-year-contract-louisville-cardinals
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:00:30 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »
who knows?

and this is Patterson's latest contract

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=6000665

I don’t how the money works out on this kind of stuff; I just know it’s a lot. But Patterson will always be second fiddle or third fiddle in the BIG 12, as will TCU. He would be an interesting choice.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions