« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 11:21:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: ESPN's Take
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2012, 11:30:23 AM »
I'm open to discussion on the point.  Here is my list:

Patterson

Petrino

Malzahn.

Discussion:

Patterson:  Would have no problem whatsoever with him.  Can't sit here and tell you I know exactly what "schemes" he runs on either side of the ball.  I see a Horney Toad game about once every 2 years.  But, his success speaks for itslef. 

Petrino:  My only reservation with Bobby MF Petrino is what GF alluded to.....the initial media shit storm that would rain down on us.  I'd like to say "Screw that" but that ain't the case.  We get butt-hurt right here on the X if Scabinskee writes something negative.  However, if he were to come here and win, all that goes away and the world is unicorns and orange/blue rainbows again.

Malzahn:  Not yet.  I've never been a huge fan of promoting assistants to HC positions at major D1 programs.  Yes, I know there's a ton of success stories but I just want to see a body of work where the guy has been in charge of the entire program before I turn the reins over to him.  Malzahn is in his first year at the helm and I'd really like to see how he handles it before he's considered.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
Patterson

Strong

Rhoades

I would have no issues with any of the three. 

If we hire BMFP, then we (the total AD) has to take a "we don't give a fuck what you think" approach to the media and then fans.  We would have to embrace what the media already perceives us to be.  That we are a truly a bunch of thugs and we would have to not care.  I just don't see us doing that.  I am not totally opposed to hiring him, but he isn't on my short list of candidates either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »
I would really like Charlie Strong, he has done a good job of rebuilding Louisville. He is a defensive coach who has succeed everywhere he has been.  He seems to have a hard nosed attitude and approach (which I think we need). He was on my wish list when we hired Chizik, but at that time was a coordinator.  From what I have heard he is a very good recruiter.

I think if we weren't to go after him, he ends up at either Arkansas or UT after this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
I would really like Charlie Strong, he has done a good job of rebuilding Louisville. He is a defensive coach who has succeed everywhere he has been.  He seems to have a hard nosed attitude and approach (which I think we need). He was on my wish list when we hired Chizik, but at that time was a coordinator.  From what I have heard he is a very good recruiter.

I think if we weren't to go after him, he ends up at either Arkansas or UT after this year.

If you call him well-spoken or articulate, I'm gonna' donkey punch you in the jimmies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »
Dude not only fucked that girl but his whole team, they suck with out him and that is the main problem I have with him. He cares for one thing Petrino. 

This is pretty much how I feel. He has shown this character as far back as I can remember.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
If you call him well-spoken or articulate, I'm gonna' donkey punch you in the jimmies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »

Orbit + 3 pigs - birffin' a baby

Bow + Man in a box/window/hollering

Pear + tickle (Particle?)

A deranged deer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 01:03:15 PM »
Bobby Petrino, some numbers and facts, aside from the off the field matters. 

Never beat Alabama. 

2008: 2-3 vs ranked teams.  The 2 wins vs Tulsa, and Auburn.  Lost 52-10 to #7 TX.  Scoring Def. Rank: 92  Recruiting Ranking 36th.

2009: 1-4 vs ranked teams.  Lost 35-7 to #3 Bammer. Def. Rank: 58  Recruiting Ranking: 16th (with 31 in the class)

2010:3-3 vs ranked teams. Lost 65-43 to #12 Auburn. Def.Rank: 47, Recruiting Ranking: 49th

2011: 4-2 vs ranked teams.  Lost 38-14 to #3 Bammer, and 41-17 to #1 LSU, Def. Rank: 33, Recruiting Ranking: 24th

2012: Recruiting Ranking 34th.

Ark. scheduled 3 patsies a season.  Against the highest level of competition (top 10 teams) he was 2-7, and frequently was blown out.  Had at least one loss in each season by 21+.  By comparison, Houston Nutt's recruiting classes were consistently ranked 25-30, so he didn't even recruit as well as Nutt. 

Tidbits from Lousville: Lost 37-7 to an unranked Memphis, and was blown out 49-28 by #14 Miami of Ohio in his first year, and finished the season with the #72 Defense.  In his second season, went 11-1, lost 41-38 to #3 Miami.  Gave up 27+ points 5 games, including 49 to an unranked Memphis team, Def. ranked 24th.  Year 3 went 9-3, with a 45-14 loss to unranked South Florida and defense rank 47th.  Year 4, 12-1, #4 L'ville lost at #14 Rutgers 28-25. 

The way I see Petrino?  The offensive minded version of Tommy Tuberville, with a little twist.  Petrino beats just about everybody he should, but rarely gets an upset win, and is frequently blown out by highly ranked teams.  Could he recruit better to Auburn?  Probably, but we all know recruiting can fall off at Auburn if it's not tended to, and he clearly isn't the best recruiter in the world.

So, you Petrino pimps will be happy winning 10, but never getting over the hump, and having to suffer 3 TD losses to highly ranked opponents at least once each year?  Losses where, many times, not only is the defense ass raped, but his high powered offense fails him too?  That's his body of work.  Not talking one year or 2, but 8 years as a HC.  You'll be happy with a guy that doesn't care about defense, and even in winning will frequently be in a shootout? 

Malzahn?   Unproven as a HC, but here's what you'd get.  A guy that I personally heard make the following statement: "When running this offense, you can't be concerned with defensive statistics".  Think back to 2009.  Set offensive records, shittastic defense.  All offenses have off days, or do like we did that season, build quick leads, then stall.  With no defense, we blew several leads that year, and the only way an offensive minded HC can win a championship is to be assured of outscoring any and every body.  Now, it doesn't take Cam Newton to make that offense effective, but it takes Cam Newton to assure you it will never ever break down completely.   Hell, even Tony Franklin will tell you defense wins championships. 

I'm with GF on this and offensive minded HCs.  I love offense, but not at the expense of defense.   And you got some of these guys out there that don't give a shit about defense.  Petrino and Malzahn are 2 such coaches.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
Orbit + 3 pigs - birffin' a baby

Bow + Man in a box/window/hollering

Pear + tickle (Particle?)

A deranged deer
Hydrogen + Pigs - P(ea) = Higgs

Bow + General Zod trapped in the phantom ZONE = BoZone = Boson

Pear = tickle = Peartickle = Particle

Higgs Boson Particle

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:10:17 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »
So bring Bobby in and give him $1.5 mil to be our offensive coordinator.  Game, set, match.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »
I'm with GF on this and offensive minded HCs.  I love offense, but not at the expense of defense.   And you got some of these guys out there that don't give a shit about defense.  Petrino and Malzahn are 2 such coaches.   
Agree 100% I love offense too, however...

9.6 times out of 10 defense wins championships.  The rest are bong resin and anomalies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
So bring Bobby in and give him $1.5 mil to be our offensive coordinator.  Game, set, match.

How much of that will going to the (soon) to be ex-wife?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:19:26 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
Agree 100% I love offense too, however...

9.6 times out of 10 defense wins championships.  The rest are bong resin and anomalies.

You really think it's as high as 93%?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »

12/13ths
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
It's science!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »

Yes.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

Considering the school and what he has to recruit against, I think he and his staff are doing a solid job at recruiting.  Not to mention they seem to have that team going in the right direction.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »

Never beat Alabama. 

2008: 2-3 vs ranked teams.  The 2 wins vs Tulsa, and Auburn.  Lost 52-10 to #7 TX.  Scoring Def. Rank: 92  Recruiting Ranking 36th.

2009: 1-4 vs ranked teams.  Lost 35-7 to #3 Bammer. Def. Rank: 58  Recruiting Ranking: 16th (with 31 in the class)

2010:3-3 vs ranked teams. Lost 65-43 to #12 Auburn. Def.Rank: 47, Recruiting Ranking: 49th

2011: 4-2 vs ranked teams.  Lost 38-14 to #3 Bammer, and 41-17 to #1 LSU, Def. Rank: 33, Recruiting Ranking: 24th

Ark. scheduled 3 patsies a season.  Against the highest level of competition (top 10 teams) he was 2-7, and frequently was blown out.  Had at least one loss in each season by 21+.  By comparison, Houston Nutt's recruiting classes were consistently ranked 25-30, so he didn't even recruit as well as Nutt. 

Tidbits from Lousville: Lost 37-7 to an unranked Memphis, and was blown out 49-28 by #14 Miami of Ohio in his first year, and finished the season with the #72 Defense.  In his second season, went 11-1, lost 41-38 to #3 Miami.  Gave up 27+ points 5 games, including 49 to an unranked Memphis team, Def. ranked 24th.  Year 3 went 9-3, with a 45-14 loss to unranked South Florida and defense rank 47th.  Year 4, 12-1, #4 L'ville lost at #14 Rutgers 28-25. 

The way I see Petrino?  The offensive minded version of Tommy Tuberville, with a little twist.  Petrino beats just about everybody he should, but rarely gets an upset win, and is frequently blown out by highly ranked teams.  Could he recruit better to Auburn?  Probably, but we all know recruiting can fall off at Auburn if it's not tended to, and he clearly isn't the best recruiter in the world.

So, you Petrino pimps will be happy winning 10, but never getting over the hump, and having to suffer 3 TD losses to highly ranked opponents at least once each year?  Losses where, many times, not only is the defense ass raped, but his high powered offense fails him too?  That's his body of work.  Not talking one year or 2, but 8 years as a HC.  You'll be happy with a guy that doesn't care about defense, and even in winning will frequently be in a shootout? 

Malzahn?   Unproven as a HC, but here's what you'd get.  A guy that I personally heard make the following statement: "When running this offense, you can't be concerned with defensive statistics".  Think back to 2009.  Set offensive records, shittastic defense.  All offenses have off days, or do like we did that season, build quick leads, then stall.  With no defense, we blew several leads that year, and the only way an offensive minded HC can win a championship is to be assured of outscoring any and every body.  Now, it doesn't take Cam Newton to make that offense effective, but it takes Cam Newton to assure you it will never ever break down completely.   Hell, even Tony Franklin will tell you defense wins championships. 

Can I ask for chiziks record against ranked and top 10 teams without cam?

Plus he was at Arkansas. I like to think we aren't them. He would recruit better here. Get a slam dunk dc like bvg and you've got a respectable defense. Plus what is his record against us? Just saying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2012, 02:10:10 PM »

Never beat Alabama. 

Please.  Allow me to retort. 

5-19.

Nobody can recruit there.  Nobody can win there consistently.  He will have better athletes and facilities at Auburn.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.