Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

There's Not Much...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
There's Not Much...
« on: October 09, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »
in here that made me get tingly in the crotchorial region.  copypasta al.com

AUBURN, Alabama – Auburn

receiver Sammie Coates says the Tigers need more leadership after a 1-4 start, and called on his quarterbacks, the team's veterans and the young players to show it.  "We don't have leadership. The leadership has to come from somebody.

"Everybody talks about wanting to win, but nobody is showing how they want to win," Coates said Tuesday. "Everybody isn't buying into it"

Linebacker Jake Holland said he doesn't agree with that.

"I think the leadership is there," he said. "It's just taking the leadership we have and moving to the things we want to do.

"I don't see finger-pointing."

Coach Gene Chizik said Coates is simply frustrated after the slow start. Coates also said, "They put a lot on the older guys, but they're not showing much. Coach always talking about leadership, but nobody is trying to be a leader. They talk about it all the time, but you don't see it."

Coates attributed part of the problems to a "lack of focus. The focus isn't there. We want to be good, but we're not showing it."  The Tigers have struggled, especially on offense, are headed to Ole Miss on Saturday as a 5-point underdog to a team that has lost 16 straight SEC games.

"We haven't played our game yet," Coates said. "We just keep falling in a hole. Everybody is like we're not good. I know we're good. We've just got to step up and take care of business."

Coates said coaches have asked the older players to lead the way, "but I don't see it."

"Sometimes we go out there, and we're like dead."

Coates said of the quarterbacks: "They talk. But they don't talk enough. They have to be leaders."

And, "We've got to look past the four losses and look to the other games."

Defensive back T'Sharvan Bell sounded similar concerns Sunday night.

Chizik said he understands the frustration.  "I have a good feeling most of the team is right on point," Chizik said.

"That's one guy's opinion. It's good that you have guys and leaders on the team that believe that. It sends a message to the guys on the team that are frustrated… I understand the frustration.

"There has been frustration, which goes along with guys who have been used to winning."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: There's Not Much...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 01:25:57 PM »
Try actually catching a ball before you start calling out your Senior teammates...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »
Try actually catching a ball before you start calling out your Senior teammates...

I don't think I like your lack of leadership. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »

But jake holland piping back up makes me inclined to agree with Sammy. Its pretty damn obvious there's no leadership. I'm just glad someone had the stones to say it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 01:48:09 PM »
But jake holland piping back up makes me inclined to agree with Sammy. Its pretty damn obvious there's no leadership. I'm just glad someone had the stones to say it.

Possibly.  Sounds like a class warfare may be going on.  No talent Seniors vs. Pre-madonna freshmen and sophomores.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 01:53:52 PM »
Possibly.  Sounds like a class warfare may be going on.  No talent Seniors vs. Pre-madonna freshmen and sophomores.

Coates is right on the borderline of pissing his team mates off.  He should thank his lucky stars he wasn't pounded.  I know the Frazzer has been playing like a virgin QB but doggonit, he's trying. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »

Damn, you may be on to something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 01:57:52 PM »

I just know he stated the obvious. If that ruffles feathers on the team then I think we've found the issue. Too many players standing around with sandy vajajays. Funny that jakey jake was the main one to chime in. It proves a lot of truth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:12:43 PM »
I just know he stated the obvious. If that ruffles feathers on the team then I think we've found the issue. Too many players standing around with sandy vajajays. Funny that jakey jake was the main one to chime in. It proves a lot of truth.

I see a team that mirrors the HC's personality.  "Steady as she goes".  There's no intensity, no fire, no sense of urgency.  Rob Pate hit the nail on the head about the little things like dropping the kick off, and the punter letting the snap hit him in the facemask.  Not mentally prepared.  I have no idea what they're doing in meetings and practices, but it's not preparing the team to fight an SEC battle.  And the attitude is one of "we're just going to keep on trying to get better".  Well, they're not getting better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »
I see a team that mirrors the HC's personality.  "Steady as she goes".  There's no intensity, no fire, no sense of urgency.  Rob Pate hit the nail on the head about the little things like dropping the kick off, and the punter letting the snap hit him in the facemask.  Not mentally prepared.  I have no idea what they're doing in meetings and practices, but it's not preparing the team to fight an SEC battle.  And the attitude is one of "we're just going to keep on trying to get better".  Well, they're not getting better.

The practices and this team are exactly as you described them 4 weeks ago with your source. And it was deadly accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 02:19:23 PM »
The practices and this team are exactly as you described them 4 weeks ago with your source. And it was deadly accurate.

I believed it then, and still do now.  Nothing I've seen contradicts it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 02:19:57 PM »

"I think the leadership is there," he said. "It's just taking the leadership we have and moving to the things we want to do.

He hasn't seen much of anything coming at him this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 02:23:43 PM »

We haz some?   :jaw:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »

Pfffffttttt.  I haven't seen shit for leadership this year. Jake needs to shut his yap. At least what Coates said was factual. Can't say the same about what jakey said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

noxin

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
Sounds like Coates speaks the truth.  Holland doesn't want the dirty laundry aired
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 02:30:22 PM »
Sounds like Coates speaks the truth.  Holland doesn't want the dirty laundry aired

This guy gets it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
Coates is right on the borderline of pissing his team mates off.  He should thank his lucky stars he wasn't pounded.  I know the Frazzer has been playing like a virgin QB but doggonit, he's trying.

"Try" is a three-letter word for FAILure.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
Articles like this scare the shit out of me in regards to holding onto recruits, although I doubt we'll hold on to many or would even develop them if we kept them after all is said and done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 02:46:21 PM »
Like player leadership is the problem here.  PPFFFFFFTTTTT. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
Like player leadership is the problem here.  PPFFFFFFTTTTT.

It's a symptom of the bigger problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions