Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Quick Hitters

jmar

Re: Quick Hitters
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
The Grovers have to be overconfident. I say we play a four corners stall, get them in foul trouble and then dazzle them with our special teams play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »
The Grovers have to be overconfident. I say we play a four corners stall, get them in foul trouble and then dazzle them with our special teams play.

Follow this game plan and we win by 3 goals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
** Auburn may cut down on the size of its offensive game plan this week. "I think we might have been doing a little bit too much," Good fucking god how much more simple can we be-I look for 3 sweep runs and a punt and every other drive an interception and which is it we are going to cut

You've seen Loefflers game plan sheet, no?  Frazier's wristband?  They have a lot of plays on them.  You just don't get to see them because they try to do so much in preparation, they never get past the base offense in a game to set up the other shit they want to do, because they're not good at anything.   Mason and Blakely averaged over 5 yards a carry vs Ark. but only combined for 13 carries.   Not going to set up much play action with that.  No fear of the run.  Seems to me Loeffler is lost on how to implement and execute a game plan.  Combine that with shitty OL and QB play, and you got....The Auburn Offense.   We have no identity.  No idea what we're trying to be.   Somebody else said it...Loeffler is in over his head.   Little details make an offense effective, not a voluminous playbook.  For instance, the play where Moseley through the pic in the endzone trying to throw to Lutz.  They ran smash to that side.  WR runs a slant, inside receiver (Lutz) runs a corner, breaks the route off, and aims for the back pylon.  Simple read for the QB.  CB bails, throw the slant, if he sits on the slant, throw the corner, and the detail that makes it go?  How you throw the corner route.  Needs air under it, and place where only your guy can get it near the back pylon.  Clint threw it too flat, and too short, presumably because they had glossed over that detail in practice, probably in favor of installing another play, or repping more numbers of plays rather than getting good at a few.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
Follow this game plan and we win by 3 goals.
We suck at shooting free throws though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
We suck at shooting free throws though.
Chub
Chub
Chub
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »
Chub
Chub
Chub

Mmm...makes me want to Rob one out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 02:58:24 PM »
Mmm...makes me want to Rob one out.

That's some 2010 level hustle there, sir.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2012, 03:03:37 PM »
You've seen Loefflers game plan sheet, no?  Frazier's wristband?  They have a lot of plays on them.  You just don't get to see them because they try to do so much in preparation, they never get past the base offense in a game to set up the other shit they want to do, because they're not good at anything.   Mason and Blakely averaged over 5 yards a carry vs Ark. but only combined for 13 carries.   Not going to set up much play action with that.  No fear of the run.  Seems to me Loeffler is lost on how to implement and execute a game plan.  Combine that with shitty OL and QB play, and you got....The Auburn Offense.   We have no identity.  No idea what we're trying to be.   Somebody else said it...Loeffler is in over his head.   Little details make an offense effective, not a voluminous playbook.  For instance, the play where Moseley through the pic in the endzone trying to throw to Lutz.  They ran smash to that side.  WR runs a slant, inside receiver (Lutz) runs a corner, breaks the route off, and aims for the back pylon.  Simple read for the QB.  CB bails, throw the slant, if he sits on the slant, throw the corner, and the detail that makes it go?  How you throw the corner route.  Needs air under it, and place where only your guy can get it near the back pylon.  Clint threw it too flat, and too short, presumably because they had glossed over that detail in practice, probably in favor of installing another play, or repping more numbers of plays rather than getting good at a few.   

Has anyone popped in tapes of Temple last year?  What did their O look like? Did it look like an O with no identity? Why are we so sure that Lefty is in over his head?  Could it be that he doesn't have shit to work with no matter what he tries?  Could he be getting to much input from the head guy on what to run and what to do?  It would seem like the ringing endorsements he had that he might actually have a clue.......I don't know, it's why I am asking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jmar

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »
Has anyone popped in tapes of Temple last year?  What did their O look like? Did it look like an O with no identity? Why are we so sure that Lefty is in over his head?  Could it be that he doesn't have shit to work with no matter what he tries?  Could he be getting to much input from the head guy on what to run and what to do?  It would seem like the ringing endorsements he had that he might actually have a clue.......I don't know, it's why I am asking.
JMO, but I blamed Gus for the poor play calling and QB shuffle last season thinking Chizik was in his ear to counteract Roof's incompetence. And while some of it might be on Malzahn he had the benefit of a few years unimpeded whereas Loeffler could be getting undermined from the start.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »

I do recall seeing some film but not enough to know if it was anything different from what he's doing here.  Temple was 9-4 last year and averaged 31 ppg.  Not stellar offensive totals but very run oriented averaging 252 yards per game and passing for only 126 a game. They had one bad ass running back who rushed for almost 1,500 yards so I imagine he was able to lean on him pretty much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2012, 03:35:44 PM »
I do recall seeing some film but not enough to know if it was anything different from what he's doing here.  Temple was 9-4 last year and averaged 31 ppg.  Not stellar offensive totals but very run oriented averaging 252 yards per game and passing for only 126 a game. They had one bad ass running back who rushed for almost 1,500 yards so I imagine he was able to lean on him pretty much.

We got three badass RBs and a bodacious FB. We'll be lucky if we have 1500 yds total rushing this season.

At the end of the MSU game, they threw the ball to Bray across the formation short several times in a row. Where the hell has that play been since? Has it been there and we choose to go long?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

JR4AU

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »

JMHO, but I think Chiz hired him for the precise reason that he could tell him what offense to run, and with what philosophy.  In that respect, he's in over his head.  Some of it may be, has to be on him, and some on the talent, particularly QB.  Still, the offense is beyond dreadful. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions