Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The short list?

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: The short list?
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »
Not crying in my Shiner Bock/ Bass but I'm one unhappy mofo today.

Me too, was at the store today and did not pick up any beverages for today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
Me too, was at the store today and did not pick up any beverages for today.
Too bad...I prepared yesterday morning with no thought of celebration but more on the lines of WTF, Tyler Wilson is gonna make us his bitch and as it turned out it was Arky's vaunted defense that set the wheels in motion. And to think barely two years ago Auburn was the talk of all of college football, good or bad we made our mark. And today we suck as badly as I can recall since the late sixties.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »
Too bad...I prepared yesterday morning with no thought of celebration but more on the lines of WTF, Tyler Wilson is gonna make us his bitch and as it turned out it was Arky's vaunted defense that set the wheels in motion. And to think barely two years ago Auburn was the talk of all of college football, good or bad we made our mark. And today we suck as badly as I can recall since the late sixties.

We were worst than the 2008 Arky game and I thought we could never be that.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:18:44 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »
We worst than the 2008 Arky game and I thought we could never be that.
Yeah I thought some of Tub's teams were ill prepared but this is the new standard, especially it happening in our own backyard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
Yeah I thought some of Tub's teams were ill prepared but this is the new standard, especially it happening in our own backyard.

And after a bye week it my biggest shock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2012, 06:40:03 PM »
Why, obviously this all based on my opinion.

First, not a big fan of offensive minded head coaches. He reminds me of Terry Bowden redux, small fast scat backs that would get obliterated in the SEC.

I am not a spread fan, I think it is an interesting offense, but I think you have to recruit perfect players, I don't know that those players are located in the south.

They play such a different style of football, I just don't think he would be successful in the SEC. I base that decision on the fact that every time they have played an SEC team they have been beaten.

Finally, I just don't care for him. He seems like a cocky motherfucker that hasn't done shit.

Again, not advocating for him, but I'll address each point of your opinion with mine.

Bowden could only get those players, he couldn't recruit.  Not sure Kelly can either, as he's only had one top 10 class the last 5 years.  To that point, he's winning in a league that is not up to par with the SEC, and he's doing it without SEC level players.  People always talk about "how'd he do vs the SEC?"  Well whatever it was, it was with lesser players across the board.  Schemes and playcalling don't win games, players do.  By the way they played us pretty tight in the BCS Title game. 

Agree, they do play a different style of football.  That's the predominant style of football being played at High Schools, and all levels of college across the land.  Bammer's pro-style attack is the exception, not the rule.  Tell me they don't need a certain type player to fit that system too.  Namely HUGE ATHLETIC O linemen, and big, between the tackles runners.  So, you have to recruit to your system, no matter what.  That said, I think people make a bigger deal about that than it really is.  A good OC can fit football players in to his system in some way even if they aren't his ideal prototype.  The south has every player you could possibly need or want for for any type system, and has them to spare.  That said, the hardest players to find at any level are a great pro style QB, followed by big, quick, athletic linemen.  And that's the biggest reasons for the proliferation of spread, no huddle offenses.   

But here's what I'm getting at, because this is where we find ourselves.  What would we all want first and foremost?  A proven SEC HC.  Well, Saban aint coming.  Coach Boom isn't proven, and he's not coming even if he was.  Spurrier?  Too old.  Miles?  Clown.   Richt?  Can win 10, but can't win it all.  James Franklin?  Is he proven to be a winner with one .500 season at Vandy?  Mullen?  Yeah, right.  Dooley?  Jury still out, but might consider coming.  Thought he'd be good, but he inherited a bad situation.  He has shown improvement this season though.  Still, can't say it would be a good move, and many would hate it.  Kevin Sumlin is a proven winner, but at lower levels, and runs a Mumme/Leach/Air Raid, Spread/No Huddle.  Nobody else worth mentioning.  Oh, Petrino?  Sorry, he A: won (10 games, no championship) with smoke and mirrors, and B: is an offensive minded HC, with, C: a shit ton of off the field baggage.  Urban Meyer?  Oh that would be ironic!    Tuberville 2.0?  Hmmmm.  Does reuniting with an old flame after a bad divorce ever work?

BTDub, watching Pats vs Broncos...Pats in a hurry up, spread, no huddle.   

Next move?  Consider a proven SEC assistant, namely off the Saban coaching tree, or a proven HC from outside the SEC, where they all play a different brand of football, probably spread oriented, and where defense isn't a priority.

Do we hire a guy that says he'll continue the move towards a pro style type program overall, or a guy that says "I'll try to win a championship".

What about a championship level coach from FCS?  There are some great coaches at those little schools.  However, their job is much different than a D1 HC.  They're actually still football coaches.  They don't have the pressures of media, and fans.  They've never had to deal with the attitudes of entitled 4 and 5 star players.   Some very good football coaches at lower levels with no experience at things that can make or break a coach at this level.           

I don't care what offense we run, or what it's called, so long as it scores points.  Same on Def, as long as it limits points scored, or smothers opponents, and is played fundamentally sound and they fly around the football.   When you take away "scheme" Chip Kelly is just the type of coach I'd like to see hired.  He's won conference championships, and played for it all, and done so at a program that was nothing 20 years ago, and still plays with less than SEC level players.  When you consider scheme, everybody says we've recruited to "the spread" the last 4 years, and gotten in top talent, so he should be able to come in and score a shit ton of points.   But the lingering question is how long would that last in the SEC?

When I really think about it, I see what we have for product on the field, and know a change is imminent, yet there is not a coaching name that comes to mind that makes me giddy, or even confident that it would be the right move.  Not a name out there that I think the majority of the fan base could get behind, but I'm convinced there needs to be a change. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:41:35 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »
Chip Kelley can eat a bakers' dozen dicks.

Bad coach...bad scheme for the SEC...fail all around.  On the worst game that the 2010 Auburn team had...he could only muster 19 points.  Fuck him.

If you can't get Patterson, you try for Petrino and you condition his hire on the hire of a top-notch DC (leave BVG in place).

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »
Chip Kelley can eat a bakers' dozen dicks.

Bad coach...bad scheme for the SEC...fail all around.  On the worst game that the 2010 Auburn team had...he could only muster 19 points.  Fuck him.

If you can't get Patterson, you try for Petrino and you condition his hire on the hire of a top-notch DC (leave BVG in place).

Agree.  All of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »
I  can dream... :aubie:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2012, 09:38:44 PM »
I  can dream... :aubie:

Yes you/we can, it is much like a wet dream though.  Great while sleeping but when you wake up its just a wet gooey mess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Tiger Wench

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
Yes you/we can, it is much like a wet dream though.  Great while sleeping but when you wake up its just a wet gooey mess.

Speak for yourself... I just wake up with a smile and a glow that lasts all day...

Love me some Chuckie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2012, 10:00:06 PM »
Speak for yourself... I just wake up with a smile and a glow that lasts all day...

Love me some Chuckie.

:hop:  has the chuckie on sell. 

but as always the wench gets her products at no cost. 

don't forget peeps...girls gone wild in Houston...14.95.  available as a download too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:58 PM »
Gruden's offense is too confusing for nfl qbs and you want him to come work with kielh frazier?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »
Gruden's offense is too confusing for nfl qbs and you want him to come work with kielh frazier?

WTF makes you believe KF will be our QB next year?

Chuckie rocks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2012, 11:22:26 PM »
 :high: :high: :high: :high:
:hop:  has the chuckie on sell. 

but as always the wench gets her products at no cost. 

don't forget peeps...girls gone wild in Houston...14.95.  available as a download too.

Love me some nookie too. That's why I get comps. 

XXOXOXOXOXO!

Unfortunately Chuckie would never be on sale. 

But y'all, think about how the media would fawn over him.  Saban's sideline dickishness with a great off field demeanor. If he ever coached SEC football across the field from Saban, instead of Sportscenter, the game would be followed by the Apocalypse.

:high: :high: :high: :high: :high: :high:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »
WTF makes you believe KF will be our QB next year?

Chuckie rocks.

Serious question: does Petrino sound as bad to you/us now as he did when we were discussing the prospect of him after the Msu game?

I'll be honest, he looks a lot better now than he did 4 weeks ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »
I'll be honest, he looks a lot better now than he did 4 weeks ago.

I'm healing up just fine, thanks.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2012, 09:09:51 AM »
I'm healing up just fine, thanks.

Dayum, where's the "smoke and mirrors" when you need it.

We stand a chance to get BMFP, Mike Leach or Gary Patterson if the foundation shifts.
Chuckie and Chip aren't leaving their good thing for Auburn, AL.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:16:07 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »
I've been on the BMFP train since the Mississippi State loss.  Everyone hates us already so why not embrace it and relish playing the role as a hated school?  I'd a lot rather be hated and win than hated and made fun of because we suck worse than everyone on our schedule.

Plus, I honestly think BMFP knows he screwed up royally and will really be hungry to prove that he's on the straight and narrow while taking out his frustrations on the field. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »
Plus, I honestly think BMFP knows he screwed up royally and will really be hungry to prove that he's on the straight and narrow while taking out his frustrations on the field.

Then there is that. I'm not a big fan of hiring Petrino but the guy is a winner no doubt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions