Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The short list?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The short list?
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2012, 01:38:03 PM »
Doing a little checking after looking at the Crown games this weekend.  I was surprised to see TA&M playing at La. Tech, so I pulled up the Bulldawgies site to confirm.  HC Sonny Dykes has them at 5-0 and averaging over 53 points per game with Tony Freakin' Franklin running the show.  Yeah, they beat Houston, Rice and UNLV...but they also hung those points on Illinois and Virginia.

Not to rehash but franklins offense has worked everywhere but auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2012, 01:45:36 PM »
Not to rehash but franklins offense has worked everywhere but auburn.

Every other staff bought in to it. The one that was here didn't. Plain and simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #122 on: October 09, 2012, 01:47:07 PM »
Doing a little checking after looking at the Crown games this weekend.  I was surprised to see TA&M playing at La. Tech, so I pulled up the Bulldawgies site to confirm.  HC Sonny Dykes has them at 5-0 and averaging over 53 points per game with Tony Freakin' Franklin running the show.  Yeah, they beat Houston, Rice and UNLV...but they also hung those points on Illinois and Virginia.

Dykes has added a lot of his own spin to what Franklin does. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2012, 01:51:46 PM »
I don't care if we get a "Dictator" type or not.  I think too many are looking for a Lord Saybinz clone.  He ain't out there.  The Evil One is obviously a great corch, the best in the business right now.  But that level of success has as much to do with the obsessed backing and mass selling of souls in order to win as anything else.  I just want someone to right this ship and make us a consistent winner again.  I want a shot at the West crown every year.  If you're competing for the SEC West, you're a player on the national scene as well. 

Chip Kelley has Oregon (they're just so fast) in the hunt each and every year.  Mack Brown had TexASS a perennial top 10 for years.  Same with Stoops at Chokelahomo.  All kinds of personalities and styles out there.  Plenty of good coaches that could come in here and turn it around quickly.   

The only obsessed backing and mass selling of souls that is actually required is that of the PTB.  At Turd U, their PTB buy into that "win football games at any price and any cost" shit - ours do not, now that Lowder is gone.  I am not saying we have to get an asshole.  My point is that we won't hire an aggressive guy that will come in and tell the PTB to fuck off and stay the hell out of his program.  Not only will we not pay enough to attract that kind of coach, our PTB would never relinquish that kind of control.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »
The only obsessed backing and mass selling of souls that is actually required is that of the PTB.  At Turd U, their PTB buy into that "win football games at any price and any cost" shit - ours do not, now that Lowder is gone.  I am not saying we have to get an asshole.  My point is that we won't hire an aggressive guy that will come in and tell the PTB to fuck off and stay the hell out of his program.  Not only will we not pay enough to attract that kind of coach, our PTB would never relinquish that kind of control.

Then we'll always have what we have now.  That's not acceptable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »

But we should. Ridding of Jj and dye would be a good start. Jj is a puppet and cgc is his yes man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 01:57:12 PM »
If you're already going to have to fork out $7M for a buyout, why not mortgage the farm and spend $4M to get a big splash coarch like a Brian Kelly or Bob Stoops?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 01:59:19 PM »
But we should. Ridding of Jj and dye would be a good start. Jj is a puppet and cgc is his yes man.

you gotsta be kidding?  You have been listening to way TOO many inbreds about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 02:01:01 PM »
If you're already going to have to fork out $7M for a buyout, why not mortgage the farm and spend $4M to get a big splash coarch like a Brian Kelly or Bob Stoops?

We wouldn't have issue with that as fans. Even most of the ptb wouldn't. But Jj and a few of the ptb would have issue with it. Because they would rather have a yes man as hc and stroke their own egos. The hiring of cgc was proof of that. Rid of Jj and things may be able to happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »
Then we'll always have what we have now.  That's not acceptable.

But we should. Ridding of Jj and dye would be a good start.

I agree with both of you - but again, I am calling them like I see them.  What do you have to look at historically that leads you to believe Auburn's power barons will ever concede to selling their souls and opening their wallets to get a fucking fabulous HC and AD?  We got no precedent for that. 

The harsh reality of big time college football these days is dropping the bucks for the man.  And we are still stuck in the 80s and 90s when it comes to hiring coaches.  There won't be an Urban Meyer out of Utah or a Kevin Sumlin out of Houston.  There will be another Turner Gill out of Buffalo.

It's not just JJ's ego.  He does not have carte blanche to run the AD.  And Pat Dye has NOTHING to do with any of this.  Lay off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »
Why would it be so hard to punt Jacobs when the OVERALL athletic program....that he's responsible for, is sucking a big bag of dicks?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
you gotsta be kidding?  You have been listening to way TOO many inbreds about this.

You obviously haven't read the last 2 days posts I've made concerning Dye and his reach. Even responded to el guapo in one thread. There's a context to it. I've repeated that dye doesn't have the active power many think he has but Jj does listen to him. I listen to no inbreds and know some of this personally. Dye is that one drop of poison in the bucket of water that can make the whole thing bad. An ingrown hair in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
Why would it be so hard to punt Jacobs when the OVERALL athletic program....that he's responsible for, is sucking a big bag of dicks?

We need to get Tim Cook to be our Phil Knight.  As much as I hate the man, he keeps Kelly happy. 

If Tim Cook was involved, JJ could be GONE tomorrow.  I am sure there is an App for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
I agree with both of you - but again, I am calling them like I see them.  What do you have to look at historically that leads you to believe Auburn's power barons will ever concede to selling their souls and opening their wallets to get a fucking fabulous HC and AD?  We got no precedent for that. 

The harsh reality of big time college football these days is dropping the bucks for the man.  And we are still stuck in the 80s and 90s when it comes to hiring coaches.  There won't be an Urban Meyer out of Utah or a Kevin Sumlin out of Houston.  There will be another Turner Gill out of Buffalo.

It's not just JJ's ego.  He does not have carte blanche to run the AD.  And Pat Dye has NOTHING to do with any of this.  Lay off.

Jj listens to dye more than he should. Many have issue with that.

Before, Lowder was always a convenient PTB to blame. Now who? Sometimes it isn't always the ptb but I do know we have a buffoon running the AD. Not just a bad football program but the entire AD is crap.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:11:45 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
We need to get Tim Cook to be our Phil Knight.  As much as I hate the man, he keeps Kelly happy. 

If Tim Cook was involved, JJ could be GONE tomorrow.  I am sure there is an App for that.

Good idea actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »
You obviously haven't read the last 2 days posts I've made concerning Dye and his reach. Even responded to el guapo in one thread. There's a context to it. I've repeated that dye doesn't have the active power many think he has but Jj does listen to him. I listen to no inbreds and know some of this personally. Dye is that one drop of poison in the bucket of water that can make the whole thing bad. An ingrown hair in the ass.

Whether it's JJ decisions, or Dye's, JJ is influenced heavily by the man he played for. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2012, 02:20:30 PM »
Whether it's JJ decisions, or Dye's, JJ is influenced heavily by the man he played for.

And that's all I'm trying to say. Not saying he runs things like the turds say. I'm saying Jj is dumb enough to listen to the drunk old bastard because Jj is that damn incompetent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2012, 02:24:05 PM »
And that's all I'm trying to say. Not saying he runs things like the turds say. I'm saying Jj is dumb enough to listen to the drunk old bastard because Jj is that damn incompetent.

Honestly, I don't expect that situation to change as long as Dye is alive.  Jacobs, or whoever it is, it will be someone Dye can influence.  Still, Dye, and JJ want a winning program, and they have to see what's going on isn't getting us near that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
Honestly, I don't expect that situation to change as long as Dye is alive.  Jacobs, or whoever it is, it will be someone Dye can influence.  Still, Dye, and JJ want a winning program, and they have to see what's going on isn't getting us near that.   

As kaos said yesterday, JJ's own ego is more important to him. That's what that buyout was all about. Fucker is touched. It hasn't bothered him any that the entire AD is shit and has been for a while. Nothing leads me to believe he can fix. Or he wouldve already by now. Running Marsh off just really griped my ass. And was another situation where it was all about his ego.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2012, 02:40:49 PM »
What is it exactly that Pat Dye is whispering in Jay Jacobs' ear? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."