Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hogs vs Tigers game thread....

JR4AU

Re: Hogs vs Tigers game thread....
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »
Here is where I think the coaches don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Moseley Starting 2nd half.

Don't get me wrong I don't think we would have won either way. But...

Really, Frazier probably played his best first half and they pull him out. He looked putrid in the Miss St game and no sniff of a change. This is fucking ridiculous.

The problem is, there is no right move.  I got why they did it, and get that Chiz said they needed a spark, and thought that might do it.  Just as many would have asked why not try Moseley or Wallace.  No win either way.

The problems here have exactly nothing to do with scheme, or growing pains due to change in scheme.  It has to do with being a shitty football team...A shitty OL, shitty backfield, shitty QB, half shitty WR corp, shitty DL, shittastically shitty LBs, and DBs, and not so bad shitty special teams.   We're inconsistent.  2 good run plays, then a sack.  As Ben Leard said, if you can push people around in the run game (and we do at times) then you should be able to give the QB time to throw.  But even the best OL can only protect so long, and our QBs can't find open receivers on any play except screens and quick game where they basically have one read and a check down.  Backs have to protect too, and I saw failures there today.  IF the ball gets thrown, then it must be delivered accurately.   Fraizier and Moseley make 2 decent throws, then can't hit the broad side of a barn for the rest of the drive, or make the proper type of throw.  That's an average OL for Ark. and our DL was stonewalled all day.  Holland?  Fuck, what can you say?  Our  DBs don't understand "just do your job" so we get burned on a double reverse flea flicker.  Fuck, there's more...too much more to type.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »
I witnessed that abortion first hand, this is worse.

Yep, and at least then we knew we had no SEC players.  This team is an abomination based on what talent is supposed to be there.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2012, 05:04:04 PM »
Prowler can't answer.  He's shut down for a week. 

See ya next Sunday sunshine.
Wrong. We made that bet on Ole Miss scoring 14 points or less, sunshine.

There are some changes that I'd like to see, come tomorrow (most of them I've already talked about here) and some I'd like to see at the end of the season....

RG Chad Slade with Alex Kozan (can't be any worse and can't be any weaker than Slade)

RT Patrick Miller with Avery Young (not sure why that move was made in the first place, but Miller gets burned more than a few times each game which leads to negative yards)

MLB Jake Holland with Casanova McKinzy (I don't give a fuck if he knows the calls. If that's an issue, move Holland to OLB, let him make the calls and then have Holland shoot the gap on every play...don't give him the option of having to read, think and react)

Strength Coach Yox with someone that knows how to build up strength across the board (he's a holdover from Tuberville's Staff ”tongue in cheek” ...I've never seen a OL & DL get their shit pushed in so fucking much as this Auburn team has, not only this year, but the past 3 years, minus a few players)

DL Coach Mike Pelton with someone that knows how to teach his lineman proper hand placement and how to get penetration (he was Coach Chizik's DL Coach at Iowa State)

OC Scott Loeffler needs to move back up to the box (the field move was one that I thought would be beneficial to Frazier, but it apparently doesn't matter)

Sign a JUCO QB in this upcoming class

There's a couple more changes that I'd like to see, namely Tim Jackson (still unsure what he actually does)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:08:34 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »

There are some changes that I'd like to see, come tomorrow (most of them I've already talked about here) and some I'd like to see at the end of the season....

RG Chad Slade with Alex Kozan (can't be any worse and can't be any weaker than Slade)

RT Patrick Miller with Avery Young (not sure why that move was made in the first place, but Miller gets burned more than a few times each game which leads to negative yards)

MLB Jake Holland with Casanova McKinzy (I don't give a fuck if he knows the calls. If that's an issue, move Holland to OLB, let him make the calls and then have Holland shoot the gap on every play...don't give him the option of having to read, think and react)

Strength Coach Yox with someone that knows how to build up strength across the board (he's a holdover from Tuberville's Staff ”tongue in cheek” ...I've never seen a OL & DL get their shit pushed in so fucking much as this Auburn team has, not only this year, but the past 3 years, minus a few players)

DL Coach Mike Pelton with someone that knows how to teach his lineman proper hand placement and how to get penetration (he was Coach Chizik's DL Coach at Iowa State)

OC Scott Loeffler needs to move back up to the box (the field move was one that I thought would be beneficial to Frazier, but it apparently doesn't matter)

There's a couple more changes that I'd like to see, namely Tim Jackson (still unsure what he actually does)
:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »
Even our logo looked like shit today.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #125 on: October 06, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »

You truly are a dumb ass if you don't see that there are more than just a few changes that need to be made. We suck from top to bottom, in every way imaginable. There is not going to be any changes that make a shit until the one responsible for creating this cluster fuck is gone...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #126 on: October 06, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »

Double Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »

You change the things you want to see after every game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »
The problem is, there is no right move.  I got why they did it, and get that Chiz said they needed a spark, and thought that might do it.  Just as many would have asked why not try Moseley or Wallace.  No win either way.

The problems here have exactly nothing to do with scheme, or growing pains due to change in scheme.  It has to do with being a shitty football team...A shitty OL, shitty backfield, shitty QB, half shitty WR corp, shitty DL, shittastically shitty LBs, and DBs, and not so bad shitty special teams.   We're inconsistent.  2 good run plays, then a sack.  As Ben Leard said, if you can push people around in the run game (and we do at times) then you should be able to give the QB time to throw.  But even the best OL can only protect so long, and our QBs can't find open receivers on any play except screens and quick game where they basically have one read and a check down.  Backs have to protect too, and I saw failures there today.  IF the ball gets thrown, then it must be delivered accurately.   Fraizier and Moseley make 2 decent throws, then can't hit the broad side of a barn for the rest of the drive, or make the proper type of throw.  That's an average OL for Ark. and our DL was stonewalled all day.  Holland?  Fuck, what can you say?  Our  DBs don't understand "just do your job" so we get burned on a double reverse flea flicker.  Fuck, there's more...too much more to type.

See that's what bothers me. I could see in this game that the QB was not the main problem. Our OLine was playing like a Squirrel fucking a skateboard. I get making a change to try something different, I am all for that. However, i didn't see where the change at QB was necessarily the big problem. Yet in other games we have looked absolutely horrible at the QB spot and they refuse to make a change. I just don't see any kind of vision in this year. I thought we were told last year was a rebuilding year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2012, 05:58:52 PM »

Why complicate it?

Jacobs, Jackson, Chizik.  Start there.  Bang. Bang. Bang.

The rest will flow. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »
Why complicate it?

Jacobs, Jackson, Chizik.  Start there.  Bang. Bang. Bang.

The rest will flow.

Jackson?  A guy that clearly couldn't make it coaching, but Dye likes him.  He goes with Jacobs.  Time for who whoever is really pulling the strings to make a decision.  Dye can't possibly act unilaterally down there, with no oversight, can he?  Jimmy Rane? 

http://www.auburntigers.com/genrel/jackson_tim00.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
See that's what bothers me. I could see in this game that the QB was not the main problem. Our OLine was playing like a Squirrel fucking a skateboard. I get making a change to try something different, I am all for that. However, i didn't see where the change at QB was necessarily the big problem. Yet in other games we have looked absolutely horrible at the QB spot and they refuse to make a change. I just don't see any kind of vision in this year. I thought we were told last year was a rebuilding year.
I am aligned 100% with you on this.

QB play was actually pretty good, minus the sacks, but much of that can be attributed to the OL.

Mosely did much, much worse. And in the process, what little progress Frazier made in confidence was negated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

QB play was actually pretty good, minus the sacks, but much of that can be attributed to the OL.

Mosely did much, much worse. And in the process, what little progress Frazier made in confidence was negated.

I just can't wait for another QB battle that goes into deep August. That'll be awesome, won't it?

:sarcasm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

JR4AU

« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2012, 06:31:57 PM »

Often hard to tell on TV if WRs are open and just not seen/ball held too long.  On the sacks, I'm going to defer to Ben Leard's opinion, that the QBs and OL were pretty well equally responsible.  Some bad protection, some holding the ball too long.  Considering the entire body of work today, there was really little improvement.  Some flashes of good, reverting back to major suckage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #134 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »
You know, there's always the knee-jerk reaction to losses.

But I'm pretty sure this sticks.

I'm done with Chizik. Thanks for the memories.

I think 2010 was more than just Cam. Even more than just Malzahn. There was a perfect storm from the Senior OL to a phenomenal OC, to an oustanding DT, to a clutch kicker. And yes, even Chizik being able to weather the tropical storm of media & NCAA vitriol, that later came to be known as unfounded.

I thought you were doing things the right way. Recent arrests,etc., while I still believe to be greatly exaggerated, are still counter to that line of thinking. I thought you could win the games you weren't supposed to win, while handling every game you were favored in. Obviously, that's no longer.

We're about to be 1-3 each against Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, & LSU. We're about to get raped by the SEC n00b. Take away the one fantastic beautiful year, and what the fuck are you left with? I know that no cherry-picking can take away that fantastic year. Possibly the best day of my entire life. But goddamn, enough is enough. I'm disgusted. There's no hope for this team. Last week, I thought there was. I did not think it was possible to lose to this team this week. I sure as shit didn't think we'd see the prison rape we just saw.

This is unacceptable. No way to spin it.

I feel exactly like I did in Tuberville's last year. The undefeated season was great, and I'll never forget it. It will forever be a part of Auburn lore. Thanks for your service. Thanks for the memories. But I'm afraid, your time has expired.

Depressingly, I don't think we have any viable options. As has been discussed, Petrino's the only realistic option we've got. And it's a terrible one. We're gonna have all the dickface of Saban with half the success.

It's a dark, dark day.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:40:44 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2012, 06:58:13 PM »
I do. 2 weeks to prepare and that is the product we get.

The real problem is Chizik's 7 million buyout.

I don't think too many people will be lining up to pay that. Does he get that if when we fire him and this staff?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2012, 07:02:59 PM »
I don't think too many people will be lining up to pay that. Does he get that if when we fire him and this staff?

I think he could be forced out for less. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2012, 07:04:32 PM »
I was sitting in section 5 -- hot as fuck with the sun beating down all day.  Only relief was when an occasional cloud would come through.

I looked up at one point in the first half feeling like I was about to melt. There was this huge cloud that was just skirting by the sun but not blocking out one bit of it.  I looked at the guy next to me, and said, "I'm gonna name that cloud Jake Holland"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »
I think he could be forced out for less.

Hopefully
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
I was sitting in section 5 -- hot as fuck with the sun beating down all day.  Only relief was when an occasional cloud would come through.

I looked up at one point in the first half feeling like I was about to melt. There was this huge cloud that was just skirting by the sun but not blocking out one bit of it.  I looked at the guy next to me, and said, "I'm gonna name that cloud Jake Holland"
”Chad Slade” would've be a better nickname.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs