Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Romney the Liar

Romney the Liar
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:24:13 PM »
That's the spin.  Obama was so dumbfounded at Romney's incessant lying that he didn't know how to respond. 

There's a bigger problem with this kind of thinking, which is why I started a new thread. 

I frequent the website Reddit quite often for some cheap laughs, but every now and then I read through the comments on political articles or other news articles.  There's a few hundred thousand people participating on the site, and sometimes, threads can reach up to 8,000 comments. 

There's a particular hive mind on that site that really disturbs me because I've seen the same kind of thinking in my liberal friends. 

They sincerely believe that Romney and Ryan are persistent liars who are overcome with greed and are extremely dangerous for the country.  Everything Romney says or does is spurned and scorned.  He is the anti-Christ.  The one that drinks the blood of the innocent.

And anyone that supports him?  Well, they're just racist.  They hate that Obama's black. That's why Republicans are so hellbent on getting Obama out of office.

Is anyone else terrified of this large group of people galvinized in their baseless opinions?  People legitimately think that Romney and the Republican Party want to "put blacks back in chains."  How would you react if you sincerely believed a political candidate or politician wanted to enslave you?  Ruin your family?  Take away your healthcare?

If I sincerely believed that a politician had the power and desire to harm me or my wife, you better believe I'm taking action into my own hands. 

Fortunately, I don't believe Romney or Obama want to physically harm me.  I feel that they have their own views on what's best for the country and that I differ on some of them.  That's because I'm sane. 

But some of the insanity I'm seeing?  That Romney is just a liar and Obama is a truthful, honest Abe and that the debate was a prime representation of how dangerous Romney is and how difficult he is to deal with?

Jesus, that scares the piss out of me. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Romney the Liar
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
An example:

Romney Won the Debate!
Just like Romney won when he held that boy in college down and cut his hair.

Just like Romney won when he told the teacher at a luncheon, “I didn’t ask you a question,” when she wanted to tell him a concern she had.

Romney is a bully. He’s a liar.  We knew that going in.

What did I want from Obama? I wanted him to be presidential, intelligent, honest, and knowledgeable.

Was he?

Yes.

I’m feeling deep pride in Obama, tonight. I look forward to the next two debates. If Romney’s only tools continue in being pushy, aggressive, and lying… the public will figure that out.

Pundits, notwithstanding – people who wanted to watch a fight – were disappointed in Obama.

I was proud. I’m not a pundit. I’m a voter.

http://cjonline.com/blog-post/lucinda/2012-10-03/romney-won-debate

Romney is a terrorist to gay people.  Don't you remember?  He shaved the gay innocent's head!

Romney is a defiant tyrant.  Don't you remember?  He would boss around his school teachers. 

And here we are again!  Here we are again with the Romney being the lying, aggressive, rich, 1% bully!

These people are crazy and unwilling to accept any defeat at all.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
Adolf Hitler

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »
And don't get me wrong - there's plenty of people on the other side with the same kind of cockamamie views. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 04:17:04 PM »
And don't get me wrong - there's plenty of people on the other side with the same kind of cockamamie views.

Not gonna argue that point but I do think the folks on the right really got riled up after watching what this guy wanted to do and wants to do. I think it really scares some of them with the intrusion into our lives and the spending of money of this government.   

Edit: I am not saying that Mitt will be any better-The current guy has had 4 years and spent most of the 4 blaming bush.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:35:16 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 04:25:50 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say. The thinking you described in the OP is certainly eye-roll worthy, but the same could be said in reverse too. Look at this forum.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions