Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick

Yoda

Re: The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »
We should win this game, IMO we should when by 10+.  We should be able to dominate both lines of scrimmage.  We should be able to run the ball all afternoon and not have to rely on Frazier to win the game.  We should be able to pressure Wilson all day, yes he will beat us deep a few times.  All of these are things that should happen after watching the first 5 weeks of the season.  That being said I still don't know if they will.  Why not?  Because I still don't know if our coaches can get our players to make it happen.  We lose this one and sorry Prowler changes better be coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

jmar

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 11:30:47 PM »
We should win this game, IMO we should when by 10+.  We should be able to dominate both lines of scrimmage.  We should be able to run the ball all afternoon and not have to rely on Frazier to win the game.  We should be able to pressure Wilson all day, yes he will beat us deep a few times.  All of these are things that should happen after watching the first 5 weeks of the season.  That being said I still don't know if they will.  Why not?  Because I still don't know if our coaches can get our players to make it happen.  We lose this one and sorry Prowler changes better be coming.
Yeah to me the presser today re Arky's troubles seemed almost apologetic. The opening remarks made me cringe. That's the way it started but then took on the normal ho hum coachspeak. In the Q&A Chiz paused to speak about the expectations of the receivers as a group, how special teams players can earn their way to more playing time for the FR. and mentioned a few incl. Holsey, Jones and Louis. 
And speaking of special teams; yes it is a good way for the young ones to get their feet wet but I personally don't recognize it as a development tool for position playing time, not on a team with so few veterans. I understand the whole badge of honor thing but I want to see Louis on the stage as a threat. I already know he will knock someone the fuck out. I'll say it again-Blake had a pedigree, he didn't need lessons. Lutz wasn't a stiff converted tackle, he knew how to play the TE position. All they needed were the nuances of the college game. Keep throwing to Coates and get Louis some regular work. This isn't day labor. If they have skills put 'em out there so we can get this bitch built.

I know we can beat Arky but Wilson can find the missing pieces if we don't get pressure naturally from the inside. That's what worries me. If we send Bates or a DB after him early we might start off in a hole from simple screen passes alone. And the way to offset Lemonier is to run at him. They know that. Yes John L. Smith is an idiot but Paul Petrino is not. We just have to place our trust in Van Gorder.

*Reed will return punts per Chiz.

http://videos.al.com/al/2012/10/auburns_scot_loeffler_checks_i_1.html
  Loeffler states the three areas needed for improvement.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:20:56 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:14 AM »
Loeffler states the three areas needed for improvement.

Offense, defense, and special teams?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2012, 10:22:57 AM »
Offense, defense, and special teams?

There's only so much you can say.  Listening to Tim Brando the other day and he was interviewing some coach about the upcoming game. 

Tim, it really comes down to 3 things for us.  We've got to do a good job of tackling.  Our special teams have to play well. And we can't turn the ball over. :suicide:

What he was really saying:

That damn Smith is one hell of a back. We haven't tackled worth a shit all year so I'm sure he'll go for 200 on us.  If Diego shanks another punt this week, I'll yank the jersey off his ass before he hits the sidelines.  Yeah, Kyle is the most color blind QB I've ever seen.  Sumbitch will throw it to whoever's in front of him, no matter what team they're on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
There's only so much you can say.  Listening to Tim Brando the other day and he was interviewing some coach about the upcoming game. 

Tim, it really comes down to 3 things for us.  We've got to do a good job of tackling.  Our special teams have to play well. And we can't turn the ball over. :suicide:

What he was really saying:

That damn Smith is one hell of a back. We haven't tackled worth a shit all year so I'm sure he'll go for 200 on us.  If Diego shanks another punt this week, I'll yank the jersey off his ass before he hits the sidelines.  Yeah, Kyle is the most color blind QB I've ever seen.  Sumbitch will throw it to whoever's in front of him, no matter what team they're on.
They have a Mexican punter?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
They have a Mexican punter?

You think Mexicans can't keek?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2012, 11:42:59 AM »

I know mine has after I come late and slightly intoxicated. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2012, 11:54:47 AM »
Does he have a sister named Dora?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:39 PM »
Does he have a sister named Dora?

Now, you say "Hola"

Hola
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2012, 01:24:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2012, 01:30:35 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
Damn, after 10 years of Dora being the same age, she sure has grown up to have a nice ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 04:08:53 AM »
Yeah, Kyle is the most color blind QB I've ever seen. Sumbitch will throw it to whoever's in front of him, no matter what team they're on.

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2012, 01:36:17 AM »
Forgetting the aftermath IF we lose for a second.  This game scares me for the same reasons.  Despite their collapse so far this season, Arky still has weapons (As Wes pointed out). And...despite a solid performance by our defense against LSU, (I don't care how LSU is playing, it was a damn good outing) we've still looked like...what did K say...a rooster fucking a picture frame..most of the season. 

I have no idea what that means but sometimes, the most random quotes are the best.

Plus, if Arkansas puts up 24, has this team done anything so far this season to make you think we can answer that?  I'll be there Saturday yelling like 9th grade school girl at a sleepover.  But, I don't have a good feeling about this game.  The resistable force against the movable object.
It's like you have a DeLorean or something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs