Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 03:55:45 AM »
Wanna know how you stop Arkansas and get them all flustered and bickering? Bring the sink on Defense and punch them in the mouth and don't stop until you see 00:00 in the 4th Qtr. Don't call for passes that causes Frazier to ”read” (one read, if he ain't open...take off). If I don't see more than 3 roll out passes (rolling the whole pocket), I'm going to be pissed. I also hope I don't see that nickel and dime package bullshit all day (hint: we don't have the secondary to cover anyone, right now), so stay in the 4-3 and BLITZ LIKE YOUR HAIR'S ON FIRE. I wanna see some Joe Lee Dunn type defenses. I know they'll get some passes off, but they'll be down to their fuckin 4th string QB.

I know Frazier has been watching film on Brady, Marino, Montana, Elway, Campbell, Cox, Todd, etc. and I hope he can channel their mentality. But I really want to hear that Jake Holland was watching film of Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, Chuck Bednarik, Jack Lambert, Sam Huff, Ray Lewis, Bobby Bouche, & Alvin Mack.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:57:33 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
It's really not going to be close, guys. Load up on the Tigers.

The Razorback offensive line and secondary more than offset every bit of the talent elsewhere on the team.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »
Wanna know how you stop Arkansas and get them all flustered and bickering? Bring the sink on Defense and punch them in the mouth and don't stop until you see 00:00 in the 4th Qtr. Don't call for passes that causes Frazier to ”read” (one read, if he ain't open...take off). If I don't see more than 3 roll out passes (rolling the whole pocket), I'm going to be pissed. I also hope I don't see that nickel and dime package bullshit all day (hint: we don't have the secondary to cover anyone, right now), so stay in the 4-3 and BLITZ LIKE YOUR HAIR'S ON FIRE. I wanna see some Joe Lee Dunn type defenses. I know they'll get some passes off, but they'll be down to their fuckin 4th string QB.

I know Frazier has been watching film on Brady, Marino, Montana, Elway, Campbell, Cox, Todd, etc. and I hope he can channel their mentality. But I really want to hear that Jake Holland was watching film of Mike Singletary, Dick Butkus, Chuck Bednarik, Jack Lambert, Sam Huff, Ray Lewis, Bobby Bouche, & Alvin Mack.

I bet we could get Prowler as a combination OC/DC for pennies on the dollar compared to Loeffler and Van Gorder.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »
I bet we could get Prowler as a combination OC/DC for pennies on the dollar compared to Loeffler and Van Gorder.

It's a lot easier to tell folks on a message board to be patient than it is boosters and the athletic director.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14:20 AM »
It's a lot easier to tell folks on a message board to be patient than it is boosters and the athletic director.
:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »
The defense doesn't need to be patient in this game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 11:37:24 AM »
I got to be honest, this game scares the shit outta me.  For several reasons. 

1. Arkansas has nothing to lose, granted neither do we, but they have had their manhood questioned.
2. Traditionally we do not look good after a bye week, nor do we typically play well early in the morning.
3. Arkansas can still score, and whether we will is up for debate.

Question for Prowler, who thinks we win this game (handily I might add). 

Will you still have patience if we lose?

What about if we lose big?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »
I got to be honest, this game scares the shoot outta me.  For several reasons. 

1. Arkansas has nothing to lose, granted neither do we, but they have had their manhood questioned.
2. Traditionally we do not look good after a bye week, nor do we typically play well early in the morning.

I'm with you. Arkansas can still hit the big play and I haven't seen Auburn stop the big play (LSU doesn't do that). The Hogs defense is swiss cheese but is Auburn's offense a cheese grater?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »

Agree and disagree.  I think we have a lot to lose.  I feel like if we lose this one then recruits are going to start looking elsewhere.  I would hate to lose this class we have put together so far.  I know they aren't considered done until the LOI comes across the fax, but losing doesn't help.  Also, if the wheels fall off, then we lose our entire staff and recruits will bail on us.  I think we are in a must win situation. 

Other than that I agree with all points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 11:52:50 AM »
Forgetting the aftermath IF we lose for a second.  This game scares me for the same reasons.  Despite their collapse so far this season, Arky still has weapons (As Wes pointed out). And...despite a solid performance by our defense against LSU, (I don't care how LSU is playing, it was a damn good outing) we've still looked like...what did K say...a rooster fucking a picture frame..most of the season. 

I have no idea what that means but sometimes, the most random quotes are the best.

Plus, if Arkansas puts up 24, has this team done anything so far this season to make you think we can answer that?  I'll be there Saturday yelling like 9th grade school girl at a sleepover.  But, I don't have a good feeling about this game.  The resistable force against the movable object.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 11:58:31 AM »
  I'll be there Saturday yelling like 9th grade school girl at a sleepover. 

Uncle Sani just got a chubby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 12:03:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
Friend of mine just emailed me this quote from Dee Ford.  Didn't link it so I don't know where it's from.  But....

•  On the big scores in SEC games: "It doesn't surprise me. No, it's not going to happen to us. Auburn's defense? We're not giving up 50 points. That's something we'll take pride in. We're playing championship ball right now."

I don't know where to start.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
Friend of mine just emailed me this quote from Dee Ford.  Didn't link it so I don't know where it's from.  But....

•  On the big scores in SEC games: "It doesn't surprise me. No, it's not going to happen to us. Auburn's defense? We're not giving up 50 points. That's something we'll take pride in. We're playing championship ball right now."

WAC championship bitch...bettah recognize!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »

WAC championship bitch...bettah recognize!

I was thinking more along the lines of 5A. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:19 PM »

I have to agree, and pose the same qwerschuns. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
I'll be there Saturday yelling like 9th grade school girl at a sleepover.
Uncle Sani just got a chubby.
9th grade is too old, and he doesn't like 'em chubby neither
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 01:44:38 PM »
I have to agree, and pose the same qwerschuns.

I asked him sometime ago about his patience and if memory serves he said same record this time next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
Agree and disagree.  I think we have a lot to lose.  I feel like if we lose this one then recruits are going to start looking elsewhere.  I would hate to lose this class we have put together so far.  I know they aren't considered done until the LOI comes across the fax, but losing doesn't help.  Also, if the wheels fall off, then we lose our entire staff and recruits will bail on us.  I think we are in a must win situation. 

Other than that I agree with all points.

Foster had to learn a hard lesson at an early age.  Never get a drunk tattoo of your first love's name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »

When have I stated that we'd win this game handily?

Do I think we'll win? Yes

Will we show improvement on Offense (at the QB position)? Yes

Will we continue to show improvement on Defense? Yes

Will we curb stomp Arkansas' head? No

Will Tyler Wilson look like Johnny Unitas against Auburn's Defense if we don't pressure him? Yes

Do we have the DB's to cover Arkansas' receivers? No

Will I jump off the wagon if we lose? No
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs