Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick

The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick
« on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
Arky is a team of the edge of impoding, if it hasn't already. It's coaches are bickering among themselves on the sideline.  It's players are bickering among themselves on the sideline and in the media.  Players are mouthing off to opposing fans.  If AU can't win this game, it will be a complete indictment on the Chizik regime and the Jay Jacobs' regime.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: The Arky Game - A Scary Measuring Stick
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 12:17:39 PM »
Arky is a team of the edge of impoding, if it hasn't already. It's coaches are bickering among themselves on the sideline.  It's players are bickering among themselves on the sideline and in the media.  Players are mouthing off to opposing fans.  If AU can't win this game, it will be a complete indictment on the Chizik regime and the Jay Jacobs' regime.

It's true that Arky is on a terrible skid.  But remember that this was a pre-season top 10, NC dark-horse, team.

There is plenty of offensive talent.  In a losing effort to Rutgers, Cobi Hamilton racked up an SEC record 303 yards...on 10 catches.

They have players and can score.  Will the players find a spark?  Doubtful, but anything can happen.

A loss will not be the end of the world and should not be treated as such.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
And Wilson threw for an ass-load of yards this weekend too.  Now granted, when you lose 58-10, you're probably throwing on just about every down.  But, as Weskie said, this team has weapons, turmoil or not.  I'm scared that Arky will be able to put up at least 21-24 (No reason they shouldn't) and we'll be relying on our shittastic offense to win the game.  But as I said the last week or two, this is where Chizik and staff had better do some of that coaching shit because I think a loss to this team sets the wheels in motion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 12:33:11 PM »
It's true that Arky is on a terrible skid.  But remember that this was a pre-season top 10, NC dark-horse, team.

There is plenty of offensive talent.  In a losing effort to Rutgers, Cobi Hamilton racked up an SEC record 303 yards...on 10 catches.

They have players and can score.  Will the players find a spark?  Doubtful, but anything can happen.

A loss will not be the end of the world and should not be treated as such.

Completely disagree. Auburn really needs to win this one. Arkansas has been embarrassed and a national laughing stock the last couple of months. If we lose at home to these guys, offensive power or not, we need to do some serious soul searching and determine if this program is truly heading in the right direction.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
Completely disagree. Auburn really needs to win this one. Arkansas has been embarrassed and a national laughing stock the last couple of months. If we lose at home to these guys, offensive power or not, we need to do some serious soul searching and determine if this program is truly heading in the right direction.

Completely agree with this disagreement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »

Not saying that we don't need the win.  Just saying that it's superficial to look at Arkansas' performance and deduce that they are a cakewalk, slam dunk win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Completely agree with this disagreement.

I couldn't agree more with the agreement of the above disagreement. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »
Agree to agree to agree to disagree.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 12:57:38 PM »
Not saying that we don't need the win.  Just saying that it's superficial to look at Arkansas' performance and deduce that they are a cakewalk, slam dunk win.

Not a cakewalk but one we should win and win easily. They are team in true disarray from coaching to the players; we are coming off a bye week and should be rested with a good game plan. As someone said earlier we lose this game and I think the wheels to get set in motion, lose badly and the wheels may be turning faster.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »

I agree.  Should we do as I was told Finebaum suggested this morning if we lose?  Fire Chiz/Resign him on Monday morning?  No, but it will be time to call him in to Jacob's/Dye's office and ask for his specific plan on how to get it fixed, and a timetable for same.   No one game should decide whether you pull the trigger or not, but the current body of work in the 2012 season isn't great, and the Ark. game will be the next piece of the puzzle, and it's a winnable game.  A loss will be very bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
I agree that normally, one game shouldn't be the deciding factor.  I just believe his "body of work" since he got here has raised all these questions.  And it's this game, given all the surrounding circumstances with how we've played so far and how bad Arky is right now, where fans will truly start believing he doesn't have the ability to get it turned around if Auburn lays an egg.

Now, on a positive, if AU comes out and punches them in the mouth and comes away with a reasonably convincing win.  (And no, I don't expect any 45-14 rout) I think most fans will be looking forward to the rest of the season and behind this staff 100%.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

noxin

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 01:29:46 PM »
Should we do as I was told Finebaum suggested this morning if we lose?  Fire Chiz/Resign him on Monday morning? 

If fbaum wants him fired, he must think Chiz has the potential of getting things going in the right direction
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »
I agree that normally, one game shouldn't be the deciding factor.  I just believe his "body of work" since he got here has raised all these questions.  And it's this game, given all the surrounding circumstances with how we've played so far and how bad Arky is right now, where fans will truly start believing he doesn't have the ability to get it turned around if Auburn lays an egg.

Now, on a positive, if AU comes out and punches them in the mouth and comes away with a reasonably convincing win.   (And no, I don't expect any 45-14 rout) I think most fans will be looking forward to the rest of the season and behind this staff 100%.

I’m sorry I just don’t believe we have that ability in us after watching the first 4 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »
Harumph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »
If fbaum wants him fired, he must think Chiz has the potential :facepalm: of getting things going in the right direction

You don't have potential going into your 4th year. You have a track record.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
I didn't get a harumph out of that guy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
I didn't get a harumph out of that guy
You...give the Governor a harumph.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!