Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hotty Toddy vs. Tree Killing Teabaggers official thread

Token

Re: Hotty Toddy vs. Tree Killing Teabaggers official thread
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 12:28:00 AM »
Bama was meh tonight.  O line got their asses whipped.  No calls to stretch the field.  Running game was bottled up all night.  Defense couldn't get off the field on two big drives.  Unimpressive. 

Really, I haven't seen a team that is unbeatable this season.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 12:29:18 AM »
Seriously? So, that's the only way Alabama is winning. Hidden yards. Gotcha. That TD was a TD. He had the ball in his hands, never bobbled it, and one foot was on the ground. I don't know what more you want.

Just curious.....what's your excuse going to be when Ole Miss beats AU? They have new coaches, new system, new head coach, and a pro-style QB that now runs a HUNH spread. They look 200% better than last year. How can Ole Miss possibly be playing well this season?
They don't need patience?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
Bama was meh tonight.  O line got their asses whipped.  No calls to stretch the field.  Running game was bottled up all night.  Defense couldn't get off the field on two big drives.  Unimpressive. 

I think Ole Miss certainly played better than Alabama tonight; if that makes any sense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 12:35:49 AM »

Hard for even Alabama to play inspired football every week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 01:15:04 AM »
Hard for even Alabama to play inspired football every week.
This.

When uat doesn't play inspired football they beat a team, that treated the game as their Super Bowl, 33-14.

Btw, rws, Auburn will beat Ole Miss worse than 33-14.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 01:21:10 AM »
This.

When uat doesn't play inspired football they beat a team, that treated the game as their Super Bowl, 33-14.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jesus, Prowler.  Given the current state of the offense, it would take four years to get 33 points. 

And I'll make a loser leaves the board for a week wager if OM scores 14 or less on AU.  They're going to score in the high 20s.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:22:41 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 02:01:02 AM »
Yeah, I can't even take that seriously. I'm guessing you're hinging this on the performance against LSU? Towson (a 2-2 Div II team) scored twice as many points on LSU than AU did. In Death Valley. They gained more yards than AU did, and LSU only gained 50 more yards against them than against AU. LSU never even put in their backup QB. Played Mettenberger the whole game. LSU has issues.

I'm still wondering what your answer is about Ole Miss, though. They look way better than last season even after changing systems, head coaches, and coordinators. They went from a pro-style offense to HUNH spread. Their starting QB is a sophomore pro-style QB with a rating of 151.5, 717 yards, 64% completion rate, and averages over 8 yards a throw. And they don't even have the talent that half of the SEC does. How is it that Ole Miss has actually improved from last year while changing literally everything about their program? They will win more games this year than the previous two years combined. They've already won more games than all of last season.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:25:26 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 02:20:44 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jesus, Prowler.  Given the current state of the offense, it would take four years to get 33 points. 

And I'll make a loser leaves the board for a week wager if OM scores 14 or less on AU.  They're going to score in the high 20s.
You got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 09:48:04 AM »
 :popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 10:37:38 AM »
Yeah, I can't even take that seriously. I'm guessing you're hinging this on the performance against LSU? Towson (a 2-2 Div II team) scored twice as many points on LSU than AU did. In Death Valley. They gained more yards than AU did, and LSU only gained 50 more yards against them than against AU. LSU never even put in their backup QB. Played Mettenberger the whole game. LSU has issues.

I'm still wondering what your answer is about Ole Miss, though. They look way better than last season even after changing systems, head coaches, and coordinators. They went from a pro-style offense to HUNH spread. Their starting QB is a sophomore pro-style QB with a rating of 151.5, 717 yards, 64% completion rate, and averages over 8 yards a throw. And they don't even have the talent that half of the SEC does. How is it that Ole Miss has actually improved from last year while changing literally everything about their program? They will win more games this year than the previous two years combined. They've already won more games than all of last season.
Yes LSU has issues, but your gump ass is in for a rude awakening when UAT visits the land of corndogs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 11:05:09 AM »
Yes LSU has issues, but your gump ass is in for a rude awakening when UAT visits the land of corndogs.

I'm curious to see how McFondles reacts to finally getting his jersey dirty this year. LSU will bring the heat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 11:32:52 AM »
I'm curious to see how McFondles reacts to finally getting his jersey dirty this year. LSU will bring the heat.
Just hope Miles and Chavis are smart enough to get their d-linemen to grease their jerseys before the game. The UAT o-linemen will have a harder time tackleing them that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »
Is Alabama beatable? Absolutely. No question about it. But I don't think LSU will be the team to do it. I'm not sure what exactly is going on with LSU. Maybe they're all smoking spice. Maybe it's because their QB looks like a child molester. Maybe they changed the fertilizer used on their field and Miles isn't getting all the nutrients he needs from eating the grass. I don't know. But this isn't an LSU team like the years past.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
Is Alabama beatable? Absolutely. No question about it. But I don't think LSU will be the team to do it. I'm not sure what exactly is going on with LSU. Maybe they're all smoking spice. Maybe it's because their QB looks like a child molester. Maybe they changed the fertilizer used on their field and Miles isn't getting all the nutrients he needs from eating the grass. I don't know. But this isn't an LSU team like the years past.
Maybe, maybe not. Yet a couple of things I've noticed and think will be important..

1. People sure as hell didn't have this feeling you talk about before the Auburn game. Also I think people put way to much credence into that game. LSU has never been that succesful in JH. That was their 4th win in 30 years there (with 2 of those over lameduck coaches), it was a night game, and Auburn was kinda pissed and needed to prove their manhood (thank you DA LSU FB)

2. The game with Harvey U will depend on LSU's attitude. If those boys are as pissed off as I think they will be due to last years showing Uat is gonna be in for a hell of a time. Honestly, I don't see ya'lls running game breaking loose and if that happens I don't chest tat beating LSU by himself. Not on the road.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 01:45:11 PM »
Maybe, maybe not. Yet a couple of things I've noticed and think will be important..

1. People sure as hell didn't have this feeling you talk about before the Auburn game. Also I think people put way to much credence into that game. LSU has never been that succesful in JH. That was their 4th win in 30 years there (with 2 of those over lameduck coaches), it was a night game, and Auburn was kinda pissed and needed to prove their manhood (thank you DA LSU FB)

2. The game with Harvey U will depend on LSU's attitude. If those boys are as pissed off as I think they will be due to last years showing Uat is gonna be in for a hell of a time. Honestly, I don't see ya'lls running game breaking loose and if that happens I don't chest tat beating LSU by himself. Not on the road.
LSU had only played North Texas, Idaho, and Washington prior to playing AU, and they looked fairly sharp doing it. While those results should be taken with a grain of salt, that's all anybody had to go with. LSU looked pretty bad against AU. Granted, AU's defense certainly caused some of that. But from a fundamental standpoint, you know Mettenberger is not very good. Then the week after that LSU struggles with Towson. I think LSU will lose to UF next week. I was in the camp that thought LSU may be unstoppable. The past few games, they have shown that they are just waiting to be beaten.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:55:56 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:25 PM »
LSU had only played North Texas, Idaho, and Washington prior to playing AU, and they looked fairly sharp doing it. While those results should be taken with a grain of salt, that's all anybody had to go with. LSU looked pretty bad against AU. Granted, AU's defense certainly caused some of that. But from a fundamental standpoint, you know Mettenberger is not very good. Then the week after that LSU struggles with Towson. I think LSU will lose to UF next week. I was in the camp that thought LSU may be unstoppable. The past few games, they have shown that they are just waiting to be beaten.
Lsu will smash UF, don't let that Townsen game twist your thinking, I know you're a inbred bammer so you're already behind the 8 ball in the thinking department. If you think, for a second, that they actually spent a fare amount of time on practicing for Townsen, then you obviously have no clue (they worked on themselves and prepared for UF, it's called a look ahead game for a reason).

uat has their letdown game (emotional letdown game comes after playing a heated/hated rival) & look ahead game (looking ahead to the bigger game) when they play MSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
Lsu will smash UF, don't let that Townsen game twist your thinking, I know you're a inbred bammer so you're already behind the 8 ball in the thinking department. If you think, for a second, that they actually spent a fare amount of time on practicing for Townsen, then you obviously have no clue (they worked on themselves and prepared for UF, it's called a look ahead game for a reason).

uat has their letdown game (emotional letdown game comes after playing a heated/hated rival) & look ahead game (looking ahead to the bigger game) when they play MSU.
I don't think that UF will beat LSU based on the Towson game. I think they will beat LSU based on what I have seen from the two teams recently. UF is getting better and better each game, they have a top 20 defense, and they will be at home. LSU is struggling, their OL is porous, and their QB has issues. Given LSU's performances the past few weeks, and the fact that they had to go to the wire against AU to win in Jordan-Hare, I just don't see how you can rationally assume this will be a blood bath in Gainesville. I'm not saying there is no way in hell that LSU will win, I'm just saying personally I find it more likely that UF will win.

As far as MSU is concerned, Alabama routinely stomps their shit by 3 scores on average. Nothing has really changed with them. The game will be in Tuscaloosa. Not worried about it. Alabama usually has Tennessee before LSU anyway, and it hasn't really seemed to change anything.

Also, are you going to answer my question about Ole Miss from page 2 of the thread?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 05:48:56 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
Lsu will smash UF,

I'll be picking UF in Battle for The Crown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »
I'm going to put 2 or 3 points on them as well. I don't think UF is going to kill LSU, but I can see them pulling away late in the 4th quarter and winning by a TD. That game really is a pick 'em and give the edge to UF because of defense and being at home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
I see what you did there.  :bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."