Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Naw, Man...We Didn't Jump Out The Way...Not Really
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »

copypasta teh Eagle

Auburn defense using LSU offseason bulletin-board material as added motivation

By: Ryan Wood | Opelika-Auburn News
Published: September 18, 2012 Updated: September 18, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Apparently, Auburn’s 45-10 beating in Baton Rouge last season wasn’t enough. Copeland implied the Tigers defense was soft, so soft they were “memorable” for that reason.

These are sensitive words to any defensive player.

“After the first couple of hits, everybody was just backing up,” said Copeland, a blocking fullback in the same role as Jay Prosch. “They didn’t want to hit at all. … Before I got to them, they just fell down and just laid on the ground.

“I actually said, ‘C’mon man, you’re better than that. C’mon, hit me.’ That was the only game I went home and had no nicks and bruises at all.”

It was said nine months ago. At Auburn, a lot happened since. There are new coordinators, new circumstances.

Auburn didn’t even need extra motivation this week, not after the first 0-2 start since 2003 ran smack into an overtime scare against Sun Belt foe Louisiana-Monroe last week.

Auburn got extra motivation anyway.

Junior defensive end Corey Lemonier said he wasn’t aware of Copeland’s comments before this week. He definitely knows what the fullback said now.

“Yeah, definitely,” Lemonier said.

And his thoughts?

“It’s just huge disrespect to us and what we stand for,” Lemonier said. “We’re just going to use that as momentum going in and just put fire in our … just use it as motivation for us.”

Lemonier isn’t alone.

Auburn’s defensive players initially tried to play it down Tuesday, but they couldn’t hide the disgust. Backing up? Laid on the ground?

To sophomore safety Demetruce McNeal, it sounded a bit extreme.

“We wouldn’t be SEC if we got guys jumping out of the way, man,” McNeal said. “I mean, everybody can look on tape themselves and see there wasn’t one person that just jumped out of the way of a guy who was running the ball last year. … When people go to the media, some people just outburst things and say things off the wall. But you know, it don’t affect none of us over here, man.

“We’re just going to keep preparing, man, no matter who they got. I know they’re going to care about who we got, man. It’s just going to be a big competition between two SEC rival teams, and we’re just going to see what happens on Saturday.”

On Saturday, a physical game is a certainty. Every Auburn player asked this week about their thoughts on No. 2 LSU have started with that one word — physical.

Coach Gene Chizik said Tuesday that LSU is one of the toughest opponents on Auburn’s schedule each season. He thinks it’s one of the keys to LSU’s annual success.

“There’s no real secret with what they try to do,” Chizik said. “They execute. They have very good players. They try to out-physical you. They’re going to run the ball and play-action you and take some deep shots on you during the game.

“The physicality part of their defense is very obvious, as well, when you turn that film on. That’s what they’re built on. That’s one of the reasons, in my opinion, you’ve seen a lot of success from them. You can tell that’s a way of life for them.”

Auburn didn’t need extra motivation. Now that it has some, McNeal said it won’t be wasted.

Despite Auburn’s struggles this season, regardless the defensive issues that have led to dismal weekends, McNeal feels like his defense is improving. This week, the focus is on proving Copeland wrong.

To do that, McNeal said the defense must play with controlled rage.

“When you hear stuff like that from coaches telling you in team meetings what a certain player said, I mean, it fires you up to just want to go out and get that certain player,” McNeal said. “But, you know, it’s a team defense, and you just need to go out and just play ball. Don’t try to single out a certain guy or things like that, or try to take out your anger on this certain guy who said this because that will just blow everything out on the defense, especially in this league.

“So we’re just going to stay focused, man. Our main goal this week is just showing that we’re aggressive. They think we soft? We’re going to show them that we ain’t soft. I mean, it’s just as simple as that.”

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: Naw, Man...We Didn't Jump Out The Way...Not Really
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »
That's worse. 

I wish we would have jumped out of the way.  It'd give me hope that if they didn't jump out of the way of a hit, we'd have a chance at tackling them. 

Our players thinking they were laying licks and playing tough is embarrassing when considering LSU's players are describing how soft we are. 

And even worse, SAMFORD said the same damn thing last year.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »
I've said this many times but last year was the first time I sat there watching Auburn football saying, "They quit".  I was thinking that in the LSU game and most definitely in the Georgia game.  Have no idea if it was lack of leadership, coaching, being too young.  No clue.  But it was obvious in those games there was no fight..no attempts to do anything different once they got down.  Just let the clock run and get on the bus.  Hoping Van Gorder is putting some Pat Dye type fight in these guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 10:47:11 AM »
That's worse. 

I wish we would have jumped out of the way.  It'd give me hope that if they didn't jump out of the way of a hit, we'd have a chance at tackling them. 

Our players thinking they were laying licks and playing tough is embarrassing when considering LSU's players are describing how soft we are. 

And even worse, SAMFORD said the same damn thing last year.

:facepalm:
I've said this many times but last year was the first time I sat there watching Auburn football saying, "They quit".  I was thinking that in the LSU game and most definitely in the Georgia game.  Have no idea if it was lack of leadership, coaching, being too young.  No clue.  But it was obvious in those games there was no fight..no attempts to do anything different once they got down.  Just let the clock run and get on the bus.  Hoping Van Gorder is putting some Pat Dye type fight in these guys.

They quit again in the 2nd half. I have no faith in our coaches to make any difference.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
:facepalm:
They quit again in the 2nd half. I have no faith in our coaches to make any difference.

I firmly believe in 2010, we had such a senior dominated team and a take charge personality like Newton, that the coachs' leadership was not a factor.  How many times did we hear the coaches say, "They just remained calm and looked at each other, knowing exactly what they had to do."  That's the way it was n so many games and especially in the Iron Bowl.  No adjustments, no changing of schemes.  It looked like each guy said, I just need to whip the ass of the guy in front of me.

Exit 24 seniors, Cam Newton, Nick Fairley and Darvin Adams and what did you have.  A bunch of young bucks standing around waiting on someone to light a fire...to take charge...to be the one that gathered the team and ran down to our fans...to step up and dump a QB on his head.  No one did last year.  It's like I keep waiting on someone to do that this year.  Someone to make some huge plays and then get in everybody's face and demand that they follow.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »
Motivation?  Bulletin board material?  I wish that was enough.  It won't matter.  Les Miles could walk out to midfield, and shake his dick at Chiz, then run up in the stands and slap  Jake Holland's mother across the face with it, then go to the student section and donkey punch Lemonier's girlfriend.  It won't be enough motivation stop what's coming Saturday night. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 03:08:44 PM »
Motivation?  Bulletin board material?  I wish that was enough.  It won't matter.  Les Miles could walk out to midfield, and shake his dick at Chiz, then run up in the stands and slap  Jake Holland's mother across the face with it, then go to the student section and donkey punch Lemonier's girlfriend.  It won't be enough motivation stop what's coming Saturday night.

Oh please.  Jake's been drinking an extra protein shake daily.  We're beefy in the middle now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 03:19:25 PM »
Motivation?  Bulletin board material?  I wish that was enough.  It won't matter. Les Miles could walk out to midfield, and shake his dick at Chiz, then run up in the stands and slap  Jake Holland's mother across the face with it, then go to the student section and donkey punch Lemonier's girlfriend.  It won't be enough motivation stop what's coming Saturday night.

That’s a lot of dick usage and no pussy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:21 PM »

He said "Jake Holland."  What else do you want a silicone Jesse Jane vibrating pecker puller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
He said "Jake Holland."  What else do you want a silicone Jesse Jane vibrating pecker puller?

I would not be scared:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »
Jesse Jane makes the air go out of my head.  I feel light headed and dizzy.  She is absolutely awesome. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »

It's Jake Holland....Not Takeo Spikes or Bobby Petrino.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE