Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We are Alabama

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
We are Alabama
« on: September 17, 2012, 11:33:19 AM »
I saw where some Bama fuck wrote that they'd been wishing for the wrong thing. Chizik is even worse than probation.  He'll cripple Auburn for far longer than the NCAA could. Fuck those clowns. But they consider DuBose equal to probation and that got me thinking. 

We ARE like Alabama in one respect. 

ANYBODY can win at Auburn.  Proven.

Barfield, as bad as he was and in the middle of Bryant's cheating dominance had an 8 win season.
Dye -- no need to discuss.
Bowden, as bad as he was, won 20 straight and won 10 another year. 
Tuberville won about nine games a year from 2000 - 2007.

ANYBODY can recruit to Auburn. 

Barfield recruited Joe Cribbs and James Brooks. 
Dye -- no need to mention.
Bowden recruited Dameyune Craig and Stephen Davis. And Takeo Spikes.
Tuberville recruited Carnell, Ronnie, Jason, Courtney, Obomanu, Carlos...

We are just like Bama in that regard.  We can get recruits and any coach with a half ass resume can win.  The question is whether they can win consistently. 

Barfield?  Nope. Gone.
Bowden? Nope. Gone.

Frankly, Chizik looks a hell of a lot more like those two than he does Dye or Tuberville at this point.  Auburn football is rinky dink and that starts with him. 

Same deal on the other side of the state.  DuBose won an SEC title.  Perkins won. Franchione won. Curry won. For fuck's sake, Shula won.  Who doesn't remember the first of hundreds of "Bama's Back" SI covers? Shula had one of those after a win over Florida.  None could sustain.  All are gone.

Should what was unimaginable in January 2011 come to pass, what I'm trying to say is that it won't be the end of the world.  AU will still recruit well. Whoever follows WILL win.  It's just a question of whether we select then (or have selected now) the right person to be able to sustain.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

Re: We are Alabama
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:20:54 PM »
All true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions