Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Jake Holland Comedy Hour

JR4AU

Re: The Jake Holland Comedy Hour
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2012, 08:55:02 PM »
I think you need to watch a replay.  I don't think we looked "ok" at any point in the game besides a few drives where our running backs broke free. 

I agree that most of our team is bad, but I made an effort to watch Holland all game.  I even rewound the DVR to see if my eyes were accurate.  He is laughable.  My thread title was created after the first drive of the game.  I should have retitled it "The Jake Holland Comedy Four Hours Before He Kills Everybody." 

He's an embarrassment.  He didn't do one thing right.  One thing I did notice was that every time Jake was in on a tackle, it was because the play either ran right to wherever the hell he was going or other Auburn defenders had already slowed it down.  That was maybe MAYBE 1/4 of the plays.  Maybe 25% of all of ULM's plays did Jake Holland have a positive effect. 

The other times, he was chasing the wrong people, getting spun around by a blocker, getting bulldozed by a blocker, backpedaling, or just wandering aimlessly.  Then, I counted five, but I know there more, but I counted five times he went to make a tackle and missed.  Whiffed.  You could hear the air swooshing through the stadium from his massive failure of a tackle.  He may have clubbed the runner with his forearms, but when you're too small to be an SEC linebacker, your forearms aren't going to do any kind of damage to a running back with a head of steam.

He was bad.  Bad, bad.  Like, should not have a scholarship bad.  Like, should be ridiculed for his shitty hairstyle and his piss poor play, bad. 

But perhaps not.  Perhaps the real scary part is that he's the best we have.  He's throwing his body around trying the best he can to do something amazing for Auburn.  I have to commend him on that.  It must be tough getting your ass kicked for four hours in front of 87,000 family members.  I bet he has that "I'm about to cry" feeling all game long.  For that, I give him props.  He can keep his haircut.  If that makes him happy, keep it.

Context..."ok at times" vs ULM. 

Your words about Holland are true, and the result of one of 3 things.  Either our coaches can't evaluate talent, or they can't develop it, or both.   Holland is not an anomaly.  Frazier same same.  Jeff Whitaker.   Every DB we have.   Name as many players that this staff "raised from a pup" and that has reached advertised potential?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:28:16 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
So, it took a trick play and a Hail Mary to get a lead against ULM?

That's about the exact thing I said to Dallas and JR at halftime on the concourse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2012, 09:51:36 PM »
Context..."ok at times" vs ULM. 

Your words about Holland are true, and the result of one of 3 things.  Either our coaches can't evaluate talent, or they can't develop it.   Holland is not an anomaly.  Frazier same same.  Jeff Whitaker.   Every DB we have.   Name as many players that this staff "raised from a pup" and that has reached advertised potential?

Lemoiner is about the only one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Lemoiner is about the only one.

Yep, maybe Dee Ford, who has needed 3 years of roids to even get there. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions