No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: The Jake Holland Comedy Hour
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 03:53:13 PM »
Well. It looks like we'll escape this with an OT field goal...hopefully...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
The sickest I have ever felt after a win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »
Not my idea of a win but it beats the alternative and answers a few more questions. It has sucked worse, I promise you!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
2nd and 13th...Chiz says no more fucks given and kicks the f/g before ULM gets an INT or something. Thank god
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

Tiger Wench

« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »
Not my idea of a win but it beats the alternative and answers a few more questions. It has sucked worse, I promise you!

Dude, I am 42 years old.  I came of age as an Auburn fan during the Barfield years.  I remember suckage.  And I never want to feel like that again.  So, with all due respect, please don't try and play the cheery "It can be worse!!!" card with me.  Football is a new sport every year, so I could give two craps about last year or two years ago or 35 years ago.  Losing sucks.  I can handle losing a close game to a legit opponent.  But getting blown out by MSU or letting a craptastic lower tier team take us to overtime makes me want to puke. 

So I have finally started drinking - just popped the first bottle of champagne of the day.  Not to celebrate a win.  To celebrate not losing.  We should have lost.  We did not deserve to win.  ULM is a shitty FG kicker away from a win.  Can't forget that - but I am gonna try, at least for tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2012, 05:18:56 PM »
Dude, I am 42 years old.  I came of age as an Auburn fan during the Barfield years.  I remember suckage.  And I never want to feel like that again.  So, with all due respect, please don't try and play the cheery "It can be worse!!!" card with me.  Football is a new sport every year, so I could give two craps about last year or two years ago or 35 years ago.  Losing sucks.  I can handle losing a close game to a legit opponent.  But getting blown out by MSU or letting a craptastic lower tier team take us to overtime makes me want to puke. 

So I have finally started drinking - just popped the first bottle of champagne of the day.  Not to celebrate a win.  To celebrate not losing.  We should have lost.  We did not deserve to win.  ULM is a shitty FG kicker away from a win.  Can't forget that - but I am gonna try, at least for tonight.
Not pretending things are good, only better than last week. This team has to learn how to play SEC football. Gonna look ugly at times.
Even the NC season had close call games we could have lost. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2012, 05:25:26 PM »
Saw it first hand.  We looked ok for about 2 quarters, then the fucking wheels came off.  Had multiple chances to put away ULM, fucking ULM, and we tried to give it away.  Coaches and team were scared of losing and it showed badly in the end of regulation.  Played not to lose, and almost did.  We looked average vs a good Sun Belt team.  It's not just Frazier, and it's not just Jake.  It's virtually all bad, with a couple of small bright spots that won't matter in the end.   The call to kick the FG on second down in OT, without even trying to punch it in is what this team and staff is made of. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2012, 05:26:34 PM »
Not pretending things are good, only better than last week. This team has to learn how to play SEC football. Gonna look ugly at times.
Even the NC season had close call games we could have lost.
Better than last week?  HOW???  Last week was an SEC West team.  This week was what was supposed to be a cupcake.  If we had played like we did today against anyone other than ULaMo, we would have gotten our shit pushed in by the second quarter.  So no, improvement would have been looking better against LSU.  When you compare opponents, this was still a regression.

Again, not trying to pick a fight with you, but I am not picking up what you are laying down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2012, 05:29:45 PM »

but I am not picking up what you are laying down.

Get in line, and it's a long one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2012, 05:53:47 PM »
I just looked out the window...the sky is not falling, I repeat...the sky is not falling.

But, at this time, it's looking like there's a 60% chance of sky fallage come next Saturday.

IMO, a new Strength Coach and DL Coach is needed, as well as a new MLB (put a fuckin freshman in there, I'd rather a freshman make mistakes and learn from them than a Junior...I'm looking at ”Nova” McKinzy).

What's scary is that, apparently, our backup QBs are worse than Kiehl Frazier.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
Saw it first hand.  We looked ok for about 2 quarters, then the fucking wheels came off.  Had multiple chances to put away ULM, fucking ULM, and we tried to give it away.  Coaches and team were scared of losing and it showed badly in the end of regulation.  Played not to lose, and almost did.  We looked average vs a good Sun Belt team.  It's not just Frazier, and it's not just Jake.  It's virtually all bad, with a couple of small bright spots that won't matter in the end.   The call to kick the FG on second down in OT, without even trying to punch it in is what this team and staff is made of.
Not proud of the way we won but the pick and fumble dictated coaching not to lose when we were 0-2 and playing a team that came back to beat Arky in OT the previous week. I thought Loeffler stayed consistent and never became too conservative and I'm sure he will caution Frazier not to hold the ball and to avoid the center of the field unless it's deep. Kiehl has a strong arm but it's pretty evident that he struggles with touch. It was good to see the combinations of backs at play with Bray becoming a possession receiver and Sammy Coates breaking in. On defense we had decent front four  containment. Yes there were breakdowns but we had two men on their FL screens and swing passes (their bread and butter) for the most part and that was good coaching.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2012, 06:00:12 PM »
But, at this time, it's looking like there's a 60% chance of sky fallage come next Saturday.

60% chance. You are as delirious as jmar.

Nookie just placed an extra order for anal lube.  There will be prisoners at Atmore that will be violated less than we will be next weekend.

And I am flying home to witness this gang bang in person... FML.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »
LSU is going to embarrass us next weekend.  And then for good measure, they will run up in the stands, and donkey punch all of our sorority girls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:31 PM »

I think you need to watch a replay.  I don't think we looked "ok" at any point in the game besides a few drives where our running backs broke free. 

I agree that most of our team is bad, but I made an effort to watch Holland all game.  I even rewound the DVR to see if my eyes were accurate.  He is laughable.  My thread title was created after the first drive of the game.  I should have retitled it "The Jake Holland Comedy Four Hours Before He Kills Everybody." 

He's an embarrassment.  He didn't do one thing right.  One thing I did notice was that every time Jake was in on a tackle, it was because the play either ran right to wherever the hell he was going or other Auburn defenders had already slowed it down.  That was maybe MAYBE 1/4 of the plays.  Maybe 25% of all of ULM's plays did Jake Holland have a positive effect. 

The other times, he was chasing the wrong people, getting spun around by a blocker, getting bulldozed by a blocker, backpedaling, or just wandering aimlessly.  Then, I counted five, but I know there more, but I counted five times he went to make a tackle and missed.  Whiffed.  You could hear the air swooshing through the stadium from his massive failure of a tackle.  He may have clubbed the runner with his forearms, but when you're too small to be an SEC linebacker, your forearms aren't going to do any kind of damage to a running back with a head of steam.

He was bad.  Bad, bad.  Like, should not have a scholarship bad.  Like, should be ridiculed for his shitty hairstyle and his piss poor play, bad. 

But perhaps not.  Perhaps the real scary part is that he's the best we have.  He's throwing his body around trying the best he can to do something amazing for Auburn.  I have to commend him on that.  It must be tough getting your ass kicked for four hours in front of 87,000 family members.  I bet he has that "I'm about to cry" feeling all game long.  For that, I give him props.  He can keep his haircut.  If that makes him happy, keep it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2012, 08:20:39 PM »
and playing a team that came back to beat Arky in OT the previous week.
I don't know if, or how long you watched Arky's game today, but Alabama's 5th string and scout team RBs were pushing Arky's shit in. No bullshit. 5th string guy scored a TD. The 3rd string QB (who is actually a RB) scored on them. At one point, Alabama had about 3 walk-ons playing defense. And getting sacks on Arky's starting QB and second team OL. Alabama scored 21 points AFTER pulling starters.

Arkansas with Wilson was so-so. A Wilson-less Arkansas is fucking horrible. Their best defense is their offense. Their coach is equally horrible. Beating Arkansas gave me about as much satisfaction as beating North Texas. Just saying, I would watch out how much I tout ULM beating Arky.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:23:52 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2012, 08:23:27 PM »
I don't know if, or how long you watched Arky's game today, but Alabama's 5th string and scout team RBs were pushing Arky's shit in. No bullshit. 5th string guy scored a TD. The 3rd string QB (who is actually a RB) scored on them. At one point, Alabama had about 3 walk-ons playing defense. And getting sacks on Arky's starting QB and second team OL. Alabama scored 21 points AFTER pulling starters.

Arkansas with Wilson was so-so. A Wilson-less Arkansas is fucking horrible. Their coach is equally horrible. Beating Arkansas gave me about as much satisfaction as beating North Texas. Just saying, I would watch out how much I tout ULM beating Arky.

I'm really drunk, so I will take my turn.

FUCK OFF, bammer shithead.  Go suck Saban's dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »
I'm really drunk, so I will take my turn.

FUCK OFF, bammer shithead.  Go suck Saban's dick.
Fair enough. At least your team didn't lose to ULM, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »
Fair enough. At least your team didn't lose to ULM, though.

AU > Arky.

Let's pour another round!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions