Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

We Were Warned About Embassy Attack?

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: We Were Warned About Embassy Attack?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »
Yep.

A guy I work with told me that last night at the middle school football game, five women and three guys sitting in front of him had a thirty minute conversation about how funny the Honey Boo Boo show is.  They knew all about little details of the episodes.  He decided to do a little experiment, and he asked them about the situation in Benghazi (he only used the city, no other context clues), and they had no clue what he was talking about.

When he clarified that he meant the situation in Libya where the US ambassador was killed, they said that it was terrible, but that was about it.

He's an ex-marine.  He's enthralled and flabbergasted that we could allow anyone to surge, kill, and occupy a US embassy and not be shouting from the rooftops about it being an act of war.

We've been dumbed down past the point of no return. This was apparent before now though. Look at how fast we have fallen in test scores the last 30 years compared to the rest of the world. Everything is for entertainment value and to appeal to the lowest common denominator. People are clueless, and I really think it's by design.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
Rome
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »
Hillary claims that picture is of him being taken to the hospital.

Rolled my eyes at the caption an earlier article bearing that picture used:

"Citizen assists an unconscious Ambassador Stevens to a nearby hospital for medical assistance."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
He's an ex-marine.  He's enthralled and flabbergasted that we could allow anyone to surge, kill, and occupy a US embassy and not be shouting from the rooftops about it being an act of war.

This is what i do not get.  Let's put aside the obvious of leaving your citizens with their ass hanging in the breeze.  You have now had and embassy (U.S. soil) invaded and held by a foreign nation.  Fuck that.  Motherfuckers need to be hung from yardarms.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:54 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
Maybe I'm not understanding this situation correctly, but why the FUCK are we not over there stomping some mudholes in some asses at this point in time? Or is this part of the new "We're the pussies of the world" campaign?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 01:13:36 PM »
Maybe I'm not understanding this situation correctly, but why the FUCK are we not over there stomping some mudholes in some asses at this point in time? Or is this part of the new "We're the pussies of the world" campaign?

You sir get the prize for answering your own question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."