Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Getting away from AU football for a minute

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Getting away from AU football for a minute
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 03:56:47 PM »
Royal Rooster at Red Robin has a fried egg on it...that and a bloody beer....one of my go to remedies.

Is there one in the Auburn area? I'll need one this weekend should if we lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »
Montgomery is the closest I know of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »

Thanks, I'll prolly just get some alot alcohol at the ATL airport.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 04:24:41 PM »

Columbus too but thats about the same as Montgomery in travel time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »

True-short weekend-In Friday out Sunday with an abortion to view on Saturday. No much time for adventuring out of the safe zone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
In Eastchase in Montgomery if I remember correctly, which is right of I-85 en route to Auburn.. but you could likely get a better beer selection in GA. I want to say Stone Arrogant Bastard and Double Bastard are sold in GA now, two of those and it'll help numb the football fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

dallaswareagle

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:38 PM »
In Eastchase in Montgomery if I remember correctly, which is right of I-85 en route to Auburn.. but you could likely get a better beer selection in GA. I want to say Stone Arrogant Bastard and Double Bastard are sold in GA now, two of those and it'll help numb the football fail.

Now it has been a year since I've been back but Montgomery is not en-route to Auburn from Atlanta.

Plus with no place to put anything cooler wise if I need a good stout beer I'll go someplace-Irish bread pub in Opelika had some good selections last time I was there and we are right down the street from there-Staying Getting raped at Holiday Inn express in Tiger Town.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 10:23:34 PM »
Now it has been a year since I've been back but Montgomery is not en-route to Auburn from Atlanta.

Plus with no place to put anything cooler wise if I need a good stout beer I'll go someplace-Irish bread pub in Opelika had some good selections last time I was there and we are right down the street from there-Staying Getting raped at Holiday Inn express in Tiger Town.

Hopefully you'll see that change soon. Once they passed the 750ml law in the state and it went active last month, there has been a MASSIVE influx of good beer coming through. Unfortunately there isn't any Stone to be heard of (I still go to Nashville for occasional beer runs for all things Stone and Brooklyn), but there are some good ones starting to enter the state. Huntsville is the northern stronghold to find great stuff, but slowly I think it's working the way through the state. Rogue Double Chocolate Stout, Founders Breakfast Stout, the Terrapin stuff (MooHoo & Wake N Bake), Bell's Expedition & Kalamazoo stout.. some of those are starting to pop up here and there (if stouts are your thing). Straight to Ale is making some incredible stuff, but it's one local to up here and starting to work its way down to Birmingham. I'm hoping that all this stuff will be available soon for purchase in Auburn as well, if it isn't already.

Then again, if you're in Atlanta, you probably have a much better selection than we do here :) Dogfish Head is one that immediately comes to mind
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

Yoda

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:17 PM »
Hopefully you'll see that change soon. Once they passed the 750ml law in the state and it went active last month, there has been a MASSIVE influx of good beer coming through. Unfortunately there isn't any Stone to be heard of (I still go to Nashville for occasional beer runs for all things Stone and Brooklyn), but there are some good ones starting to enter the state. Huntsville is the northern stronghold to find great stuff, but slowly I think it's working the way through the state. Rogue Double Chocolate Stout, Founders Breakfast Stout, the Terrapin stuff (MooHoo & Wake N Bake), Bell's Expedition & Kalamazoo stout.. some of those are starting to pop up here and there (if stouts are your thing). Straight to Ale is making some incredible stuff, but it's one local to up here and starting to work its way down to Birmingham. I'm hoping that all this stuff will be available soon for purchase in Auburn as well, if it isn't already.

Then again, if you're in Atlanta, you probably have a much better selection than we do here :) Dogfish Head is one that immediately comes to mind

Dude his name is dallaswareagle because he lives in Dallas as in Texas.  He will be going to ATL to go to the airport.  Clues you have to use them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 11:27:29 PM »
True-short weekend-In Friday out Sunday with an abortion to view on Saturday. No much time for adventuring out of the safe zone.

But if you're coming down 85 from Atl Columbus is sorta on the way if you jet 20 mins down 185 at Lagrange.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »
Dude his name is dallaswareagle because he lives in Dallas as in Texas.  He will be going to ATL to go to the airport.  Clues you have to use them.

No shit.

I will be flying INTO atl and then driving to Opelika where I will be staying for this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
But if you're coming down 85 from Atl Columbus is sorta on the way if you jet 20 mins down 185 at Lagrange.

I would rather get into town and do what I need to do (drink). Good beer and hangover food is abundant in Dallas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
Columbus is damn near 50 miles down I-185
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 09:33:32 AM »

He did say 'Jet".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2012, 10:59:22 AM »

If you go from downtown Lagrange to downtown Cols, yes it is.

But from the start of 185 at CR109 where dallas will be to Cols/Fortson where JR Allen Parkway is (that takes you to Red Robin on the North side) - around 25-27 miles or 20 mins with the nice speed limit. Actually meant to say 20 mins, not miles. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE