Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 07:55:53 PM »
The way the QB situation is now, I'd be willing to bet the coaches go after a JUCO transfer for 2013.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yoda

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 08:13:23 PM »
The way the QB situation is now, I'd be willing to bet the coaches go after a JUCO transfer for 2013.

If they don't they will be coaching out of their suitcases next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

Yoda

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »
My ledge is different today.

I watched as much of the replay as I could take.

If we had the second worst quarterback in the history of college football we are 2-0 today and only slightly nervous.  We have THE WORST quarterback.  Who knew that it could be worse than Moseley?

Forget the defensive issues for a moment.  When every series is 3-out on offense it just breaks down.

I saw at least a dozen second and third down chances where an orangutan with jock itch could have made a play to move the chains.  Frazier failed on every one.  And it wasn't like he had to check his third or fourth option.  It was first or second read.  Would not pull the trigger. Didn't pick up the rush and hit the easy dump.

Add a dozen first downs.  Limit MSU by two possessions. 

We don't win in a rout but that was a winnable game.

Everything else but Frazier and Holland is fixable and close enough that we could get it together.

But Frazier is so astonishingly awful that barring a miracle there is no hope.  Chiz better recruit a real QB.  Now. None of the commits fit the bill.

If Frazier was even a half ass QB we are 1-1 at worst.  He's got a long way to go to be even half ass. So many things wrong with him mentally and physically I don't see any chance he gets much better.

So I still think we are fucked but I also think Chizik is handcuffed by the shitiest assortment of fake ass quarterbacks in the game. In any game. Even pee wee.

He didn't just miss 1st down completion throws he straight up did not see wide open receivers streaking down the field. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
Well..unless we do go 0-12 or 3-8, which I do seriously doubt is going to happen. 

Tommy Tuberville's first four years - 30-19
Chizik's first three years and two games - 30-12

If you want to say "Cam Newton!" then let's see the worst three years in their first four:

Tuberville's worst three years in his first four - 21-15
Chizik's worst two years and two games - 16-12

Tuberville's worst two - 12-11
Chizik's worst two - 16-10

Not to mention, under Chizik, recruiting is up and we have a new Heisman winner and a BCS crystal. 

I've heard a lot of talk about how Chizik could lose his job this year.  I really don't see it happening unless we really do tank to the point of no return.

Lets say we go 3-9 (Could happen) Do they give him a year to un-fuck what he fucked up? And if they do what does he do to un-fuck it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »
If they don't they will be coaching out of their suitcases next year.

Its sad, but a JUCO transfer is the only way to get out of this abomination at this point. A lot of
good all the talent on the team does if there is not one QB on the depth chart to be the General.
Sad sad situation this football team is in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2012-junior-college-football-profile-top-dual-threat-022100503--spt.html

It's a shame so few can ball  like Mr. Newton's boy.

*I'm assuming Turtle (still recovering from last year) doesn't want anymore of what's to come and then we have the third teamer whomever that lucky devil might be.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 08:47:17 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 08:44:03 PM »
My ledge is different today.

I watched as much of the replay as I could take.

If we had the second worst quarterback in the history of college football we are 2-0 today and only slightly nervous.  We have THE WORST quarterback.  Who knew that it could be worse than Moseley?

Forget the defensive issues for a moment.  When every series is 3-out on offense it just breaks down.

I saw at least a dozen second and third down chances where an orangutan with jock itch could have made a play to move the chains.  Frazier failed on every one.  And it wasn't like he had to check his third or fourth option.  It was first or second read.  Would not pull the trigger. Didn't pick up the rush and hit the easy dump.

Add a dozen first downs.  Limit MSU by two possessions. 

We don't win in a rout but that was a winnable game.

Everything else but Frazier and Holland is fixable and close enough that we could get it together.

But Frazier is so astonishingly awful that barring a miracle there is no hope.  Chiz better recruit a real QB.  Now. None of the commits fit the bill.

If Frazier was even a half ass QB we are 1-1 at worst.  He's got a long way to go to be even half ass. So many things wrong with him mentally and physically I don't see any chance he gets much better.

So I still think we are fucked but I also think Chizik is handcuffed by the shitiest assortment of fake ass quarterbacks in the game. In any game. Even pee wee.
This is exactly where I've been since I witnessed that baby-seal abortion on the field Saturday.

I find it hard to blame Chizik directly, but a more nuanced blame of "How the fuck did you let the QB situation get this bad???" is another issue all together.

Frazier is the problem. Holland's a close second.

Additionally, not having anyone on scholarship who can do better than that is mind-fucking.

I am no Uncle Ricco. I'm not even good at backyard QBing, nor was I ever. But I feel like I could have done at least as good a job as Frazier did in that game. I could scramble, miss every single blatantly wide-ass open read, and then collapse into a pile. I could devote all of my attention to the blitz and still fail miserably to avoid it. There has GOT to be a walk-on at Auburn that can pull off a performance better than that. That's how bad he was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2012-junior-college-football-profile-top-dual-threat-022100503--spt.html

It's a shame so few can ball  like Mr. Newton's boy.

*I'm assuming Turtle (still recovering from last year) doesn't want anymore of what's to come and then we have the third teamer whomever that lucky devil might be.

Cedric McCloud - Arizona Western College
The 6'2, 230-pound sophomore transferred from Kent State.
In one game with the Golden Flashes in 2011, McCloud completed 6-of-his 22 passes (27.3%) for 63 yards.
Let's go after this guy, he has great accuracy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »
Lets say we go 3-9 (Could happen) Do they give him a year to un-fuck what he fucked up? And if they do what does he do to un-fuck it?

No.  They give him a year so that Auburn looks better firing a coach who won us a national championship.

It has nothing to do with saving Chizik's program.  After four years of the same kind of piss poor, give up hundreds of yards and put the ballgame entirely on the offense's shoulders, there's no reason to expect it to ever get better.  This is what Chizik's head coaching produces in a defense.  When the offense is killer, we're competitive (09, 10).  When the offense is a dud, we're one of the worst teams in the SEC (11, 12).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Yoda

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 09:21:02 PM »

Starts with Chizik getting a grasp on the situation now.  Realize that this season is 3 months of extra practice, start playing the young players immediately and start teaching them something.  Something they obviously have not done in the past.  In my opinion we are weak in he secondary, LB's, inside D line, QB and maybe WR.  Not sold on the talent at WR because there has been no real way to grade them as we can't get them the ball and our best WR will be gone next year.  Also we no size at runnunig back, another failure over the last 4 years.  If we start playing the real young ones the coaches can evaluate needs sooner and get a better idea of what we will need next year. 

After the season, Chizik keeps current staff in place but finds someone that can actually teach fundamentals of football, blocking tackling etc.  Recruit areas of need, first and foremost find a QB that can step in and play immediately.  Find a RB that ways more than 220 lbs, fill in holes on D line and find some LB's that way more than 240lbs.  And finally find receivers that can catch the ball with size, don't care if they are fast enough to run track, as long as they can catch a fucking football and block.  Yes it is nice to recruit "more stars" but this recruiting class has got to find players that will fill needs and be able to play now.

Then Chizik needs to get control of the team designate some leaders and get rid of all the bullshit that is going on off the field.  Put the fire of God in the players, work their asses off and teach them what hard work really is and teach them that character is more than just words. 

The most important thing in my opinion is start teaching football, morals and how to make yourself better.  To me football was always a building block.  It taught me how to be tough, how to work as a team, how to follow orders, how to lead, how to be a better person and how to be a winner.  Most importantly it taught me that you are not always going to win but if you work towards something you can damn sure achieve what you want.  Even after being defeated, you pick yourself up, learn from it and get ready for more, never be a quitter.  This might sound like some gay shit, but it's true and I feel like it is what is missing under current coach.  He might preach it but it is not sinking in.  All are apparent with all of the off the field issues and attrition we have seen over the last 3 years.

I am not convinced that Chizik needs to go, but it damn sure is time that he has a gut check with himself.

That's my 2 cents that might not add up to shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
Starts with Chizik getting a grasp on the situation now.  Realize that this season is 3 months of extra practice, start playing the young players immediately and start teaching them something.  Something they obviously have not done in the past.  In my opinion we are weak in he secondary, LB's, inside D line, QB and maybe WR.  Not sold on the talent at WR because there has been no real way to grade them as we can't get them the ball and our best WR will be gone next year.  Also we no size at runnunig back, another failure over the last 4 years.  If we start playing the real young ones the coaches can evaluate needs sooner and get a better idea of what we will need next year. 

After the season, Chizik keeps current staff in place but finds someone that can actually teach fundamentals of football, blocking tackling etc.  Recruit areas of need, first and foremost find a QB that can step in and play immediately.  Find a RB that ways more than 220 lbs, fill in holes on D line and find some LB's that way more than 240lbs.  And finally find receivers that can catch the ball with size, don't care if they are fast enough to run track, as long as they can catch a fucking football and block.  Yes it is nice to recruit "more stars" but this recruiting class has got to find players that will fill needs and be able to play now.

Then Chizik needs to get control of the team designate some leaders and get rid of all the bullshit that is going on off the field.  Put the fire of God in the players, work their asses off and teach them what hard work really is and teach them that character is more than just words. 

The most important thing in my opinion is start teaching football, morals and how to make yourself better.  To me football was always a building block.  It taught me how to be tough, how to work as a team, how to follow orders, how to lead, how to be a better person and how to be a winner.  Most importantly it taught me that you are not always going to win but if you work towards something you can damn sure achieve what you want.  Even after being defeated, you pick yourself up, learn from it and get ready for more, never be a quitter.  This might sound like some gay shit, but it's true and I feel like it is what is missing under current coach.  He might preach it but it is not sinking in.  All are apparent with all of the off the field issues and attrition we have seen over the last 3 years.

I am not convinced that Chizik needs to go, but it damn sure is time that he has a gut check with himself.

Good post
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 09:53:18 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:56 PM »
What I've been asking myself today is "WWIDIIWG"  What would I do if I were Gene.

He can't magically shit a quarterback. 

Frazier was a big star guy.  I say we never, ever, ever recruit another big shot QB out of Arkansas, but that's a different story.  He was recruited because we thought he could take over the job.  He was rated just as high as McCarron who hasn't struggled.

Trotter was already there.  Moseley?  Took a chance on a feel-good story.  No way Chizik ever thought that can of fail would ever play a down.  But we connected with the community on that one. 

Got Rollison.  He couldn't cut it. 
Got Pike. His head was full of worms and it couldn't be fixed.
We made a play for Winston but the media made sure that was blocked off.

Had Cam and expected two years.  Got one and it was amazing. Tried to plug the hole with Wilson -- who would have done better at AU with Malzahn than he did at Wisconsin. 

All that led to this. 

What the fuck else does he do on Saturday?  It's not like he's got a redshirt sitting around who's going to be the future and he can just go "fuck it, need him now."  Moseley has shown he sucks sasquatch ass.  And he's fucking injured which will only lead to turtle as soon as he gets the snap. 

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what other options there might be.  What good choices does Chizik have. 

Yeah, there are some questions about how it got to this place but as I like to tell the people who work for me, I don't care about any of the background shit at the moment; we will come back to that later.  What are you going to do to solve the problem today?

If I were Chizik I couldn't solve the immediate problem.  It's unsolvable.  All we can do now is watch to see how he takes care of the long term issue. 

We have good receivers. There has to be a QB out there in recruiting land who would like to come to a good program where he's going to have the entire offense in his hands. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 11:04:10 PM »

:kimclap:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Yoda

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:29 PM »
What I've been asking myself today is "WWIDIIWG"  What would I do if I were Gene.

Frazier was a big star guy.  I say we never, ever, ever recruit another big shot QB out of Arkansas, but that's a different story.  He was recruited because we thought he could take over the job.  He was rated just as high as McCarron who hasn't struggled.

Trotter was already there.  Moseley?  Took a chance on a feel-good story.  No way Chizik ever thought that can of fail would ever play a down.  But we connected with the community on that one. 

Had Cam and expected two years.  Got one and it was amazing. Tried to plug the hole with Wilson -- who would have done better at AU with Malzahn than he did at Wisconsin. 

All that led to this. 

What the fuck else does he do on Saturday?  It's not like he's got a redshirt sitting around who's going to be the future and he can just go "fuck it, need him now."  Moseley has shown he sucks sasquatch ass.  And he's fucking injured which will only lead to turtle as soon as he gets the snap. 

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what other options there might be.  What good choices does Chizik have. 

Yeah, there are some questions about how it got to this place but as I like to tell the people who work for me, I don't care about any of the background shit at the moment; we will come back to that later.  What are you going to do to solve the problem today?

If I were Chizik I couldn't solve the immediate problem.  It's unsolvable.  All we can do now is watch to see how he takes care of the long term issue. 

We have good receivers. There has to be a QB out there in recruiting land who would like to come to a good program where he's going to have the entire offense in his hands.

You are correct, our team would not be as bad as we and the media are saying if we had any offensive production.  Yes we have flaws in many places but if our offense could assist in keeping our defense off the field we improve dramatically.  We have no other option at QB this year besides a true freshman that did not have the stars.  Frazier has got to learn to make decisions under pressure.  He seriously has to practice at full speed while taking hits it is the only way to speed up his progression, and why not put the freshman for a few series?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
-- Redd Foxx

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2012, 10:41:09 AM »

All that led to this. 

Agree.

And never EVER thought I would say this, but I don't think I have seen Moseley look as bad in games as KF has looked the last two. CM is bad, yes. But my god, this shit is the worst Ive ever seen in re: to QB play. I think at least Moseley is HALF ASS accurate. KF doesn't see WRs. And when he does, he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Should we try Moseley? A lot of his issue last year was crumpling like a dollar bill when OL protection wasn't optimal. If the OL is slightly improved this year, maybe that's all he needs to be at least halfway serviceable. I'm really just asking for a way to tread water until we can find a Qb from either HS or JUCO. Not asking Moseley to even be avg or above avg. Just NOT KF.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
Agree.

And never EVER thought I would say this, but I don't think I have seen Moseley look as bad in games as KF has looked the last two. CM is bad, yes. But my god, this shit is the worst Ive ever seen in re: to QB play. I think at least Moseley is HALF ASS accurate. KF doesn't see WRs. And when he does, he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Should we try Moseley? A lot of his issue last year was crumpling like a dollar bill when OL protection wasn't optimal. If the OL is slightly improved this year, maybe that's all he needs to be at least halfway serviceable. I'm really just asking for a way to tread water until we can find a Qb from either HS or JUCO. Not asking Moseley to even be avg or above avg. Just NOT KF.

Egg-Zack-Er-Ree

"KF doesn't see WRs. And when he does, he can't hit the broad side of a barn."  This my friend, strikes at the heart of the matter.  This offense appears to require far less of a QB than did Malzahn's, according to what I've seen so far.  There are no throws that Frazier has made, or attempted to make, or should have seen and attempted to make...that Moseley could not have gotten done.  Yes, I hate CM.  No, it's not #2 is always the most popular guy. But Frasier is a basket case and regardless of our defensive woes, the lack of QB play is why we're where we're at.  The defense played damn good in the first half Saturday.  Other than McSidline taking it to the house, they had nothing to work with except Frasier turnovers in the 2nd half.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »
Egg-Zack-Er-Ree

"KF doesn't see WRs. And when he does, he can't hit the broad side of a barn."  This my friend, strikes at the heart of the matter.  This offense appears to require far less of a QB than did Malzahn's, according to what I've seen so far.  There are no throws that Frazier has made, or attempted to make, or should have seen and attempted to make...that Moseley could not have gotten done.  Yes, I hate CM.  No, it's not #2 is always the most popular guy. But Frasier is a basket case and regardless of our defensive woes, the lack of QB play is why we're where we're at.  The defense played damn good in the first half Saturday.  Other than McSidline taking it to the house, they had nothing to work with except Frasier turnovers in the 2nd half.

Somebody...anybody has to be better.  I'm serious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2012, 12:17:25 PM »
Fuck...I just realized something.   

Perhaps Kiehl is the bagman?!?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
I'm really just asking for a way to tread water until we can find a Qb from either HS or JUCO.

You better hope for JUCO cause very rarely can an Freshman step in to be savior, especially at the QB position, double especially for Auburn.

So then you might as well say look to 2014.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum