Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job

JR4AU

Re: Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job
« Reply #140 on: September 15, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »
Quick story: Back in the *stoned age I constantly changed plays from the sideline and the clipboard carrying sonuvabitch never took issue with me when I ventured outside of the framework of the offense because we severely lacked in talent and were consistently overmatched.

That said, I don't think it ludicrous nor does it put me in a tizzy to envision Prosch catching a screen pass and rumbling for ten or fifteen yards. But then I only played high school ball and two uneventful seasons of what was then called NAIA basketball. Soon it became apparent that I could not further my career in athletics due to lack of talent. Someone said "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit." But I had to pick myself up and move on with life. Eventually I landed a job, got married and started raising a family. Yet sadly I never had any ambition to coach my children in sports nor to read up on the cutting edge offenses of the new millenium, baseball books are better anyway.

I must inform you though that I am currently working with my three year old grandson and he is progressing nicely. You should see his footwork as he drops back efficiently, ball held high as he scans downfield for would-be receivers. I know, I know it's too early to tell at this stage although in due time I even foresee the need for a tutor and film study to help him read defenses (every fledgling QB's dilemma) but the kid has the makings of a Manning. Only thing is, he gets an occaisional boo-boo from an ant bite or makes lame excuses so he can go inside and play video games instead of focusing on the task at hand.  Kids these days! Next thing you know he'll be wanting a dollar to mow the lawn... I had to do that AND wash two cars before I was allowed to play ball. Xs and Os indeed!

tl;;dr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #141 on: September 15, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »
tl;;dr

jmar is very old and played on a terrible football team.

If you eat chicken salad, Prosch can catch a screen pass. 

His grandson is similar to Honey Boo Boo, but he'll probably fail to live up to her success and settle for being the next Manning in the NFL.

I bet hanging out with jmar is like hanging out with a coked up Robin Williams. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #142 on: September 15, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »
jmar is very old and played on a terrible football team.

If you eat chicken salad, Prosch can catch a screen pass. 

His grandson is similar to Honey Boo Boo, but he'll probably fail to live up to her success and settle for being the next Manning in the NFL.

I bet hanging out with jmar is like hanging out with a coked up Robin Williams.
No actually I'm nearly 54, a reserved sort and don't take myself near as seriously as some of my fellow xers. But I do like my team to play up to acceptable standards and obviously we are failing to get where we need to be competitively. Still, I don't much care to lay the blame on an individual like Frazier on offense or Holland on defense because it would seem that the staff would find a way to get our best on the field. I tend to think we have been beaten miserably by our rivals at certain positions with regard to recruiting or in evaluating high school talent; that or perhaps we have the staff that just can't develop a product. IMHO QB is a little different and sort of a crapshoot in that I don't think there are but a couple dozen signal callers with D1 stuff each season and very few qb coaches that can bring them along unlike a defensive position ie. linebacker which would be more instinctual given the kid has a penchant for delivering pain such as the gentleman in my avatar.
Hey I'm just a fan with an opinion same as anybody else. And my team is supposed to be using the Warhawks as a warm-up for LSU and it's anyone's guess what might take place at JHS today.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions