Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job

Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job
« on: September 11, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »
Well..unless we do go 0-12 or 3-8, which I do seriously doubt is going to happen. 

Tommy Tuberville's first four years - 30-19
Chizik's first three years and two games - 30-12

If you want to say "Cam Newton!" then let's see the worst three years in their first four:

Tuberville's worst three years in his first four - 21-15
Chizik's worst two years and two games - 16-12

Tuberville's worst two - 12-11
Chizik's worst two - 16-10

Not to mention, under Chizik, recruiting is up and we have a new Heisman winner and a BCS crystal. 

I've heard a lot of talk about how Chizik could lose his job this year.  I really don't see it happening unless we really do tank to the point of no return.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Why There's No Way Chizik Loses His Job
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »
Well..unless we do go 0-12 or 3-8, which I do seriously doubt is going to happen. 

Tommy Tuberville's first four years - 30-19
Chizik's first three years and two games - 30-12

If you want to say "Cam Newton!" then let's see the worst three years in their first four:

Tuberville's worst three years in his first four - 21-15
Chizik's worst two years and two games - 16-12

Tuberville's worst two - 12-11
Chizik's worst two - 16-10

Not to mention, under Chizik, recruiting is up and we have a new Heisman winner and a BCS crystal. 

I've heard a lot of talk about how Chizik could lose his job this year.  I really don't see it happening unless we really do tank to the point of no return.
That seat will get awful hot if we lose to the Warhawks on Saturday
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »
That seat will get awful hot if we lose to the Warhawks on Saturday

Probably.

But I really don't think we're going to lose. 

Arkansas was plagued by injuries last Saturday, and they had the game won until LA Monroe went on a 14-0 run in the 4th quarter.  Plus, LA Monroe needed some heroics at the very end of the game to pull out the win, and I don't trust that with the neck/concussion/spinal injury to that Arkansas defensive back that the other guys gave two shits about the game.

We'll run behind Mason and Blakeley and McCalebb and Prosch and bully our way down the field.  The defense will look like shit and we'll win a close one.  Maybe we'll make some noise on special teams to pull away. 

So Chizik's number to save his job is 5 if you ask me.  LA Monroe, New Mexico State, Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt. 

That'd be six.  And a bowl game.  And we'd win the bowl game because, oh yeah, Chizik's 3-0 in bowl games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
Arkansas

You really think we can beat them?  I see 5 wins, with us having to upset Arkansas or aTm to get to a bowl game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »
Until we prove we can score...until Kalil Frayzher proves he can hit an elephant at five paces...until our defense proves they can tackle ANYBODY or cover ANYBODY...ULM wins this game.  So far in two games, none of the above has happened.  What makes anyone think the light will suddenly click on Saturday?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:18:02 PM »
Probably.

Arkansas was plagued by injuries last Saturday, and they had the game won until LA Monroe went on a 14-0 run in the 4th quarter.  Plus, LA Monroe needed some heroics at the very end of the game to pull out the win, and I don't trust that with the neck/concussion/spinal injury to that Arkansas defensive back that the other guys gave two shits about the game.

We'll run behind Mason and Blakeley and McCalebb and Prosch and bully our way down the field.  The defense will look like shit and we'll win a close one.  Maybe we'll make some noise on special teams to pull away. 

So Chizik's number to save his job is 5 if you ask me.  LA Monroe, New Mexico State, Alabama A&M, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt. 

That'd be six.  And a bowl game.  And we'd win the bowl game because, oh yeah, Chizik's 3-0 in bowl games.
Six wins and a bowl win would be a cause for celebration.

It will take a lot of un-fucking of that product we saw on the field Saturday to get there.

I don't see how we win more than two between Ole Miss, Vandy, aTm, & Arkansas.

I think he needs to go 6-6 to survive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
Seriously though I don't see Chizik getting fired. Not this year. Not unless all these BS rumors are somehow true and tied to him like an albatross.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

chinook

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
Probably.

yeah but we're plagued by frazier and holland.  what's your point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 05:21:57 PM »
Six wins and a bowl win would be a cause for celebration.

It will take a lot of un-fucking of that product we saw on the field Saturday to get there.

I don't see how we win more than two between Ole Miss, Vandy, & Arkansas.

I think he needs to go 6-6 to survive.

It's going to happen. 

I don't like where the program is right now.  I think it's below Auburn's standards. 

I don't think the suckage has manifested enough to persuade the PTB to fire Gene Chizik.  Let's not forget that we overachieved in 2009, won a national championship in 2010, and overachieved last season considering we had a suckass football team with no quarterback and thought we were rebuilding. 

My point isn't to say that we should be lauding Chizik's efforts, but I do mean to convey the idea that Gene Chizik has been praised and lauded in the past for what he's done.  He has gotten the job done at times we didn't think possible.  He has recruited lights out according to the recruiting services.

He's done enough in his tenure to make me think that we'll win a few games we don't think we will.  And when we start winning a few games, the "wait til next year" talk will spring up and he'll be kept one more year.

This season is the first time we've truly questioned Chizik, and they aren't going to fire him for it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »
Two years after the BCSNC and we have to hope to beat those pansies to make a bowl game?   :wtf:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
Anyone catch Barrett Trotter on Finebaum today? I have given up that show but saw on the Twitters that Trotts would be on so I tuned in.

Wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement of Chizik or the Auburn program.

For part of it, Trotter came off like a whiny biatch but for part of it he sounded like a guy who got royally screwed by people that just weren't interested in him.

Anyways, if I can find the audio, I'll like later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
Until we prove we can score...until Kalil Frayzher proves he can hit an elephant at five paces...until our defense proves they can tackle ANYBODY or cover ANYBODY...ULM wins this game.  So far in two games, none of the above has happened.  What makes anyone think the light will suddenly click on Saturday?

I have seen people throw out numbers like 31, 27, 24, 21.....I am just not buying it. We have one, count that, one offensive TD this year.  The other came when squirrel took one to the house on a kick off.  My confidence is low. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 05:28:30 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
I don't think we're at the point of firing Chizik.  Shouldn't be.  It's just that the abortion that happened in Starkville was so off the charts pathetic, you really have to question how that team could beat anybody.  How is there any way that team does not go 0-5 to start off?  After Clemson, I thought we played a horrible game.  But, I thought they'd work out the kinks...it'd be a dog fight in Starkville but I had every confidence we'd get somewhat on track.  Too much talent.  But, our big boys on D were getting pushed around...hell, one time after a play Saturday, I said "They're changing out some guys, here comes Whitaker".

Um...no.  He just got blocked all the way to the sideline

Our LB's are still running away from plays.  Our DB's aren't close to anyone.  And our starting QB has a rating of negative eleventeen.  Oh, and our back ups are Clint Moseley with a bum shoulder and a true freshman who throws worse than Frayzha. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 05:34:06 PM »
Anyone catch Barrett Trotter on Finebaum today? I have given up that show but saw on the Twitters that Trotts would be on so I tuned in.

Wasn't exactly a glowing endorsement of Chizik or the Auburn program.

For part of it, Trotter came off like a whiny biatch but for part of it he sounded like a guy who got royally screwed by people that just weren't interested in him.

Anyways, if I can find the audio, I'll like later.

Let me throw out a general question.  Why...pray tell...would Paul Finebaum be interested in interviewing an ex Auburn QB who played in 5-6 games last year....and quit?  To talk strategy?  To get an insightful look into the Auburn program?  Hmmm....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Shouldn't be.

We should be.  But this is college football, and to be successful, your coach has to be able to sell the program and firing coaches too quickly doesn't work.

If this were the NFL, we'd just fire him and sign the players we need. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »
We should be.  But this is college football, and to be successful, your coach has to be able to sell the program and firing coaches too quickly doesn't work.

If this were the NFL, we'd just fire him and sign the players we need.
Not if we were the Miami Dolphins
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »
Not if we were the Miami Dolphins

Do that Hustle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
My ledge is different today.

I watched as much of the replay as I could take.

If we had the second worst quarterback in the history of college football we are 2-0 today and only slightly nervous.  We have THE WORST quarterback.  Who knew that it could be worse than Moseley?

Forget the defensive issues for a moment.  When every series is 3-out on offense it just breaks down.

I saw at least a dozen second and third down chances where an orangutan with jock itch could have made a play to move the chains.  Frazier failed on every one.  And it wasn't like he had to check his third or fourth option.  It was first or second read.  Would not pull the trigger. Didn't pick up the rush and hit the easy dump.

Add a dozen first downs.  Limit MSU by two possessions. 

We don't win in a rout but that was a winnable game.

Everything else but Frazier and Holland is fixable and close enough that we could get it together.

But Frazier is so astonishingly awful that barring a miracle there is no hope.  Chiz better recruit a real QB.  Now. None of the commits fit the bill.

If Frazier was even a half ass QB we are 1-1 at worst.  He's got a long way to go to be even half ass. So many things wrong with him mentally and physically I don't see any chance he gets much better.

So I still think we are fucked but I also think Chizik is handcuffed by the shitiest assortment of fake ass quarterbacks in the game. In any game. Even pee wee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.