Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

long snapper

chinook

long snapper
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
not sure how many of you stayed up and watched the bolts play the raiders.  i know i didn't.

but we should never...ever...i mean never...scoff at snaggle's love affair with the long snapper position.

three botched punts after an injury to Pro Bowl long snapper Jon Condo.

A head injury to Condo in the second quarter proved to be even more significant when backup long snapper Travis Goethel had to fill in.

Oakland decided to punt. Goethel, who last snapped in high school, rolled one back to Lechler, who was tackled for a loss, giving San Diego the ball at the Raiders 39.

"It's pretty hard. It's hard snapping on the dirt, too. I've never snapped on the dirt before," Goethel said. "Trust me, I wish it never happened."

Goethel rolled another snap back early in the fourth quarter, once again giving San Diego the ball in Oakland territory, setting up Kaeding's career-high-tying fifth field goal to make it 22-6. Lechler consoled Goethel as they walked off the field.

"I can imagine you're going to see 31 other teams working a lot of backup long snappers come Wednesday," Kaeding said. "It's something a lot of teams honestly don't do a lot of. It's just one play away from someone having to go in there and get it done. It was unfortunate for them, obviously."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:24:53 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: long snapper
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
I can only say a heartfelt thank you.  I feel somehow...vindicated.   Where's that "Wiping away the tear" emoticon when you need it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »
but we should never...ever...i mean never...scoff at snaggle's love affair with the long snapper position.

But we can still make fun of his missing nuts, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »
But we can still make fun of his missing nuts, right?

just to clarify for all the nOObs of late...his testicles are not missing. his skirt knows exactly where they are...let's just keep it at detached. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:35:43 PM »
just to clarify for all the nOObs of late...his testicles are not missing. his skirt knows exactly where they are...let's just keep it at detached.

She used to keep them in a mason jar on her desk in her classroom.  Roll em' around and giggle while other teachers looked on and smiled knowingly.  But, she quit teaching this year and is home schooling Mini Snags.  She has them hidden somewhere.  I've been waiting til she goes to sleep and doing some snooping.  Feel like I'm getting close.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
She used to keep them in a mason jar on her desk in her classroom.  Roll em' around and giggle while other teachers looked on and smiled knowingly.  But, she quit teaching this year and is home schooling Mini Snags.  She has them hidden somewhere.  I've been waiting til she goes to sleep and doing some snooping.  Feel like I'm getting close.   
She has them the one place you will never get to, her panties.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum