Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn, Jovon Robinson Reportedly Being Investigated By Multiple Media Outlets

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Should be a fun couple of days
Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum
Respected Memphis writer @geoff_calkins reporting multiple outlets working Robinson AU story.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Should be a fun couple of days

Heard this from Bill Cameron yesterday on SportsCall. Not good.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

It's rumored to be bad for Trooper and Auburn per 2 radio talk show hosts Matt Murphy from B'ham and  Dale Jackson from Huntsville.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
It's rumored to be bad for Trooper and Auburn per 2 radio talk show hosts Matt Murphy from B'ham and  Dale Jackson from Huntsville.

I just find this hard to believe.  You cannot put yourself on the skyline recruiting top players and be outright crooked in doing it. 

Reminds of all the shit that was swirling around Rodney Gardner a few years back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

I just find this hard to believe.  You cannot put yourself on the skyline recruiting top players and be outright crooked in doing it. 

Reminds of all the shit that was swirling around Rodney Gardner a few years back.

Brown Bag Man has been at it since the Tot days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

I agree but when Charles Robinson is about to break the story some shit is going down.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
I'm just sayin' that they are gonna have to show me something.  We have all endured too much of this shit over the last few years for me to get excited over it without some pretty hard & tangible evidence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

I'm just sayin' that they are gonna have to show me something.  We have all endured too much of this shit over the last few years for me to get excited over it without some pretty hard & tangible evidence.

Agreed. Otherwise this is just someone who has shit in their hand and is now starting to clap.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

GH2001

Agreed. Otherwise this is just someone who has shit in their hand and is now starting to clap.

Agree, but if Charles Robinson is on this, then that worries me. He's very diligent. But from Jumbo's tweet post, I am not sure if that meant Charles Robinson was writing it or that it was just about Jovon Robinson. If C. Robinson is one of the journalists involved, that is a little more than I want to hear. He's not Scott Moore or Thayer Evans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
As stated already...Show me the proof and then I will be concerned.  Until then, zero.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
As stated already...Show me the proof and then I will be concerned.  Until then, zero.

So forgive my ignorance, because I've only heard that there *is* something going down.. but what's the story? Is the new rumor that someone paid somebody to fudge Jovon Robinson's transcript or something??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2012/9/11/3315490/auburn-jovon-robinson-investigated-multiple-media-memphis-recruit

Auburn, Jovon Robinson Reportedly Being Investigated By Multiple Media Outlets
Sep
10:48a
by Bud Elliott

READ MORE: Jovon Robinson (RB - Auburn)

Rumors have swirled for more than a week now that multiple media outlets are actively investigating a potential dirty recruiting story in Memphis about the transcript scandal involving Jovon Robinson and Auburn. Tuesday morning, Memphis Commercial Appeal columnist Geoff Calkins confirmed those rumors.

Paul Finebaum
✔
@finebaum
Respected Memphis writer @geoff_calkins reporting multiple outlets working Robinson AU story.
11 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Robinson is the Memphis running back who was admitted to Auburn and then subsequently ruled ineligible after it was found that his transcripts were falsified by a guidance counselor.

The question, of course, then became one of Auburn's involvement, if any.

And with many media outlets in town, there is a worry that one outlet will run the story before it has all the facts, causing the key figures in the story to clam up before saying all they have to say to the other outlets still working the story.

Memphis has a reputation as a dirty recruiting area. Fans of Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee all regularly accuse the others of buying players from the area. And Alabama was caught doing so in the Albert Means case.

What's the word on tha Skreets?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

Again, depends on which Robinson they were talking about. Ive never known C. Rob to do shitty journalism. So it would make me worry moreso if he was on this story. But I almost think the Robinson in the tweet simply meant Jovon which we already know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

I'm not buying it until I see a legit journalist stand by it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Sources say that it might be true.

Sources also say that Nick Saban might be 6 feet tall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
I'm gonna be honest, I kind of get an eerie feeling about this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pardon me, but where the hell does it say that Charles Robinson is working on the story?

And I don't buy it.  If anything, it points to Ole Miss being implicated in the Jovon Robinson story.  The counselor responsible was from Ole Miss, and the date of the grade change was before Auburn was involved with Jovon and when Ole Miss was pressing hard for him.

Supposedly there was a car purchased, but Robinson's family got a lot of money after his father died, so that angle is dead.  Then, there's the supposed kidnapping where Robinson went to Auburn and didn't tell his mother, so she called the police. 

If that's illegal, then Alabama'll be getting the death penalty for all the kids they've kidnapped to Pensacola before signing day. 

I'm not worried.  Not one person reporting any of this makes me squirm.  Finebaum let Danny Sheridan spew his bullshit for months, and absolutely nothing came of it. 

Fuck the haters.  They can't handle when we just lose.  They want us to be SMU so bad, they'll murder their own children in order to make it happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
I'm gonna be honest, I kind of get an eerie feeling about this.

If there is a historical precedent on this.. if we were to go on probation, we'd have a perfect season and our coaching woes would go away. I call it "the Terry Bowden bender"

I have a feeling that if there were some meat to it.. something more substantial would've leaked by now especially in regards to previous recruits

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
I have a feeling that if there were some meat to it.. something more substantial would've leaked by now especially in regards to previous recruits

I hope this is correct. Maybe this feeling is only the nasty ass Sausage McFuckin I ate this morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly