GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
This sucks...
« on: July 12, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
I really admired this guy. 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25649744

Ex-Bush spokesman Tony Snow dies of cancer
Conservative commentator succumbed to illness at age 53

WASHINGTON - Tony Snow, a conservative writer and commentator who cheerfully sparred with reporters in the White House briefing room during a stint as President Bush’s press secretary, has died of colon cancer, Fox News reported Saturday. Snow was 53 years old.

Snow, who served as the first host of the television news program “Fox News Sunday” from 1996 to 2003, would later say that in the Bush administration he was enjoying “the most exciting, intellectually aerobic job I’m ever going to have.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: This sucks...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
A good guy. I always enjoyed listening to him on Fox.

One of my favorite Tony moments is when he put that cragly old hag, Helen Thomas, in her place during a press briefing a few years back. She was yammering on about the Israeli bombardment of Lebanon and how Bush should have made the Israelis stop. Tony responded, "Thank you for the Hezbollah view."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."