Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

UL-M Looking Interesting Tonight

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: UL-M Looking Interesting Tonight
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 11:21:50 PM »
True.

At least we look horrible against an acc champ and an sec team. I'll take a silver lining where I can.

My sliver lining-I have 8 Saturdays that just opened up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 11:22:38 PM »
Sounds like a team that came in willing to lose by 60 in order to win.  They knew they had a fragile team to play, and they brought the pressure and broke them.

WOW that sounds like coaching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 11:24:24 PM »
I'd like to think we'll be favored, probably by no more than 7. What worries me is their passing game. They are good at it, and we don't defend it worth a shit. The Warhawks QB had over 400 yards through the air tonight.

I bet we are not even favored-My guess is 2.5 dog.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 05:18:40 PM »
A couple of years ago, I remember watching our game against ULM.  Early game.  Should be...and was...a cake walk.  But, one thing I kept taking note of was how they did move the ball well between the 20's and the crafty left little freshman left hander they had at QB.  I felt like I could chalk it up to our D being teh suxxors (They were/are) and playing conservative to get by a cupcake with minimal effort. 

This year, I was looking through a couple of preseason mags in the library and noticed not only was that QB back, but they seemed to return a ton of starters.  Hmmm....could make the 3rd game a little testier than it needs to be. We're not that good.  Fast forward to 9/10/12.  Holy crap...do we have a chance in this game?  I can't believe I'm actually asking this or even remotely thinking about it.  But, what are the keys to beating La. Monroe?

Damn, it hurt to type that

Had Frayzher shown ANY ability to play QB, other than handing the ball off, I'd still say we win, regardless.  They run a 3-4 and aren't very big up front.  265..292...240 with no one over 6'1".  But alas, Kyle has sucked beyond suck.  I don't know of any defense he could perform wellk against.  I don't really think it's the D.  He just can't see the field, make a decision or throw the ball in the same area code as the receiver. Not a good combination.

First off, this team has to grow a collective sack and get tired of being embarrassed.  If Chizik and Loeffler aren't in Kalil's grill telling him he has one quarter to show he has a pulse or else, then I want a new staff...now.  If they aren't working his ass off this week until he drops, I want a new staff.  And if they aren't getting a #2 ready to step right in, regardless if it's Moseley, Wallace or Clay Frickin' Finklestein, I want a new staff. 

Let's not get too enamored about the prowess of ULM.  They were in route to being blown off the field at 28-7 and counting before Wilson went out.  I watched that game and Arky's back up ain't ready for prime time.  And when the 3 and outs started mounting, ULM started pecking away...then momentum took over. Nothing went right for the Hawgs and everything came up sunshine and Care Bears for the Hawks. 

Bottom line, we are still 5X as talented as the team we face on Saturday, across the board, with the exception of QB.  Get that shit fixed even a little bit and we win.  By the way...heard this morning on the radio that Denny's Sheraton has us as a 16 point favorite.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 05:22:27 PM »
They also have no shot at converting 6 of 7 4th down conversions like they did on us.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2012, 05:23:34 PM »
A couple of years ago, I remember watching our game against ULM.  Early game.  Should be...and was...a cake walk.  But, one thing I kept taking note of was how they did move the ball well between the 20's and the crafty left little freshman left hander they had at QB.  I felt like I could chalk it up to our D being teh suxxors (They were/are) and playing conservative to get by a cupcake with minimal effort. 

This year, I was looking through a couple of preseason mags in the library and noticed not only was that QB back, but they seemed to return a ton of starters.  Hmmm....could make the 3rd game a little testier than it needs to be. We're not that good.  Fast forward to 9/10/12.  Holy crap...do we have a chance in this game?  I can't believe I'm actually asking this or even remotely thinking about it.  But, what are the keys to beating La. Monroe?

Damn, it hurt to type that

Had Frayzher shown ANY ability to play QB, other than handing the ball off, I'd still say we win, regardless.  They run a 3-4 and aren't very big up front.  265..292...240 with no one over 6'1".  But alas, Kyle has sucked beyond suck.  I don't know of any defense he could perform wellk against.  I don't really think it's the D.  He just can't see the field, make a decision or throw the ball in the same area code as the receiver. Not a good combination.

First off, this team has to grow a collective sack and get tired of being embarrassed.  If Chizik and Loeffler aren't in Kalil's grill telling him he has one quarter to show he has a pulse or else, then I want a new staff...now.  If they aren't working his ass off this week until he drops, I want a new staff.  And if they aren't getting a #2 ready to step right in, regardless if it's Moseley, Wallace or Clay Frickin' Finklestein, I want a new staff. 

Let's not get too enamored about the prowess of ULM.  They were in route to being blown off the field at 28-7 and counting before Wilson went out.  I watched that game and Arky's back up ain't ready for prime time.  And when the 3 and outs started mounting, ULM started pecking away...then momentum took over. Nothing went right for the Hawgs and everything came up sunshine and Care Bears for the Hawks. 

Bottom line, we are still 5X as talented as the team we face on Saturday, across the board, with the exception of QB.  Get that shit fixed even a little bit and we win.  By the way...heard this morning on the radio that Denny's Sheraton has us as a 16 point favorite.     

When's the trading deadline?  Maybe we could swap a cocoa QB, the secret to Cam juice and a MLB fro for their QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 05:28:18 PM »
They also have no shot at converting 6 of 7 4th down conversions like they did on us.

5-7 tops on our stellar D.  But that's a perfect example of what I meant.  EVERYTHING went right for ULM once momentum swung.  At the same time, the Arky offense just seemed to get more and more out of sync with each series.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
Did I miss the part when Tyler Wilson started playing defense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 05:34:11 PM »
Did I miss the part when Tyler Wilson started playing defense?

Obviously.  He played in the nickel package all night long.  Pay attention.  ULM was going to get some points, regardless of whether Arky's starters played all night or not.  It's a decent offense with a lot of experience.  The same thing would have happened if Wilson had stayed in and for some strange reason went 3 and out for just about every series the rest of the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »

What makes you think they will ever see a fourth down against us?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 03:17:39 PM »
What makes you think they will ever see a fourth down against us?

That's the way they roll.  They screw around for the first 3 downs so that the pressure is on and to lull the D into a false sense of security.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
That's the way they roll.  They screw around for the first 3 downs so that the pressure is on and to lull the D into a false sense of security.

Well, this is sure to be a fight between the resistible force and the movable object.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 03:30:59 PM »
Well, this is sure to be a fight between the resistible force and the movable object.

Saturday is just a warm up for the Game of the Century on Oct. 6
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 03:56:44 PM »
Saturday is just a warm up for the Game of the Century on Oct. 6
Actually... henceforth the game between Auburn and Arkansas on Oct. 4th will be known as....

Who can fuck up their season the worst game
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 03:59:20 PM »
I thought it was Suckfest 2012.

It sounds like fun...but it's really not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 04:00:04 PM »

:gig:  oh wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »

whatever consuela.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
Actually... henceforth the game between Auburn and Arkansas on Oct. 4th will be known as....

Who can fuck up their season the worst game

At least we should be favored for that game. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »
whatever consuela.

Shouldn't you be smoking some hemp, hippie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She