Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Notre Dame Football Still Coddled

Notre Dame Football Still Coddled
« on: September 12, 2012, 10:43:42 AM »
Notre Dame will join the Atlantic Coast Conference as a full member with the exception of football, but will play five football games annually against ACC teams.
"We have monitored the changing conference landscape for many months and have concluded that moving to the ACC is the best course of action for us," said Jack Swarbrick, Notre Dame vice president and director of athletics, in a statement released by the conference. "We are able to maintain our historic independence in football, join in the ACC's non-BCS bowl package, and provide a new and extremely competitive home for our other sports."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/sources-notre-dame-football-acc]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Notre Dame Football Still Coddled
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
5 ACC teams and the service academy’s.                :facepalm:  Brutal :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
5 ACC teams and the service academy’s.                :facepalm:  Brutal :facepalm:

In their defense, their schedule this year really is brutal. Their 2 "easy" ones are over.

Playing 5 ACC teams plus service academys may be > playing all ACC teams.  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:57:07 AM »
In their defense, their schedule this year really is brutal. Their 2 "easy" ones are over.

Playing 5 ACC teams plus service academys may be > playing all ACC teams.  :rofl:

But you know how they will do it, they will schedule one of the top tier ACC team (Clemson-Florida State-Virginia Tech-and that’s about it) they will only schedule one of these a year and then play the bottom ones over and over.

Perfect for them-They are in the conference but they are not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »
But you know how they will do it, they will schedule one of the top tier ACC team (Clemson-Florida State-Virginia Tech-and that’s about it) they will only schedule one of these a year and then play the bottom ones over and over.

Perfect for them-They are in the conference but they are not.

I more blame the ACC for selling out to them letting them do what they want at anytime, but money talks and the ACC needs it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE