• Standing on holy ground.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2016, 09:52:39 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »
That's the best thing you have ever posted...

But you still hate him, right?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »
That's the best thing you have ever posted...

But you still hate him, right?

I know I do.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2016, 04:26:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »
I feel like I have seen that somewhere before???????

That's the first I have seen of it.

Great read!

Thanks!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »
I really want to change the way I watch GOT.  Anyone got a link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2016, 08:34:58 PM »
I really want to change the way I watch GOT.  Anyone got a link?

Click on that link Jarhead posted
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »
Click on that link Jarhead posted

Thanks.  I'll give it a try. Thank goodness Jarhead is looking out for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2017, 09:30:48 PM »
Winter is here.  It came for House Frey.

I missed this show.

Edit: Okay, I am apparently no longer in the musical loop.  I had no idea the pasty ginger in a Lannister army uniform was supposedly a singer.  I just thought he was a shitty actor and figured Arya was going to knife him to death -- until she didn't.  Now I see the Ed Sheeran freakout online and it pisses me off.

Stupid cameos like that are what I expect from Alf or Full House or some other excessively shitty pandering show.  I don't need or want that in GoT.  If Ed Sheeran's translucent ass wants to be on a TV show, there are plenty of special guest slots open on Two Broke Girls, Big Dud Theory or any of that other schlock.  I'm glad I didn't know who he was during the initial viewing, it would have ruined it for me. What's next, a special guest appearance by Ozzy Osborne as the Mad King in a flashback sequence?  John Stamos popping up as a lost Stark uncle?  I hope that's the last of that shit.  It cheapens and demeans the show. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:42:37 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
Winter is here.  It came for House Frey.

I missed this show.

Edit: Okay, I am apparently no longer in the musical loop.  I had no idea the pasty ginger in a Lannister army uniform was supposedly a singer.  I just thought he was a shitty actor and figured Arya was going to knife him to death -- until she didn't.  Now I see the Ed Sheeran freakout online and it pisses me off.

Stupid cameos like that are what I expect from Alf or Full House or some other excessively shitty pandering show.  I don't need or want that in GoT.  If Ed Sheeran's translucent ass wants to be on a TV show, there are plenty of special guest slots open on Two Broke Girls, Big Dud Theory or any of that other schlock.  I'm glad I didn't know who he was during the initial viewing, it would have ruined it for me. What's next, a special guest appearance by Ozzy Osborne as the Mad King in a flashback sequence?  John Stamos popping up as a lost Stark uncle?  I hope that's the last of that shit.  It cheapens and demeans the show.
Exactly. I had no idea who they were talking about making a cameo and I thought she would just kill the entire group, because apparently she's a Ed Gein type Ninja now who will become the Queen (wearing someone else's face).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2017, 09:48:37 PM »
Well damn. 

In a show that's known for great scripts and epic sets, tonight's episode set a new standard.  Fantastic. 

Just beautifully done.   Majestic and brutal at the same time. 

So much emotional and physical resonance. 

This is why I watch shows like Game of Thrones, Sopranos and Breaking Bad.  Of those three, all my favorites, none has done epic in the way GoT has. 

Great episode.

I've watched it three times now.  That's rare, particularly for a mid-season episode.

EDIT: Got to come back to this and add more.   That a show can be this long in the tooth and still generate that level of absolute epicidity (I know that's not a word, but there isn't one for it...) is amazing to me.  I may be wrong, but it doesn't appear that its going to sputter to the end like so many great shows (Sopranos in particular) did. 

Even more amazing is this show's capability to make you simultaneously love and hate the same character.  I love the arc of Jamie Lannister.  He's not a bad guy, but he's not a good guy.  You don't want him to fail, but you damn sure don't want him to win either.   Bronn is a great character, but do you want him to die at the hands of Danerys or live to see another day -- even if it means he has to hurt her?  Every character is flawed.  None are deserving of the throne. Except maybe Cersei.  Nothing is clear cut or black and white. 

The last ten minutes of this episode were simply stunning. When Danerys came riding in on the dragon it was magnificent.  Unreal CGI (something that wouldn't have been possible in the early days of the show  before it grew flush with cash).  I can't remember a show that ever had me conflicted like that.  I had sympathy for each of the characters in that particular arc -- Tyrion, Bronn, Jamie, Dany and the dragon -- even as they were on opposing sides. 

Just a great show.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:19:21 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
I envy people like Nook who just started season 1.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2017, 05:30:34 PM »
This thread should be renamed "Game of Thongs."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
Watched the latest episode last night. Thought it was incredible. I read last week that there was a theory going around that Jamie was going to end up on the iron thrown. Guess not.

Still not sure he is dead though.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:01:54 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions