Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Not sure what is worse

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Not sure what is worse
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2012, 11:48:51 AM »
First -- this is not a request nor a demand to fire Chizik.  It is merely a discussion of what might happen if that bomb were to drop. 

Tressell I get.  Maurice Clarett/Mike Dyer.  We already did that.  And then there's the whole lying to the NCAA thing.

Carroll I get.  Dirty NCAA cheating liar who ran rather than take the consequences of the mess he made. 

They both have NCAA baggage that I don't want or need regardless of how well they may coach.

But Bobby? 

He whored around with a hot girl.  Wow.  That just doesn't bother me in the same way.  You add to the fact that he KNOWS he screwed up and isn't going to do it again? 

He handled his hiring and departure from the Falcons poorly.  Oh, hey, Saban did too.  Most people don't handle those situations well. 

And add the fact that he will work twice as hard to redeem himself?   Somebody is going to get a hell of a coach.  It won't be us, too much water under the bridge.

I wouldn't bet on that. Many around our program still wanted him in 2009. It was just impossible to get him from Arky with his no compete contract. No, he's free. Don't think for a min that some of the PTB aren't thinking about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

HSVBeerNerd

• "Who the $%!# made me an engineer??"
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 11:49:23 AM »
Think about it.  We gave up 28 points and less than 400 yards on the road to a decent...yes it's MSU...but a decent ball club.  And that with 5 turnovers and a QB that is no threat to complete a pass at any time or place.  The D needs to change up some guys and sack up.  We just need a QB.  We don't have one...it won't change....but we just need a QB.  Get one and they don't score 28...we're at least in it til the end.

IF Chizik isn't on the hot seat.. then at the end of the season, we need: a new OC, new LB & secondary coach, new OL coach, keep the stache because I honestly believe he's better than this going off his track record, maybe keep Loeffler around as a QB coach.. and for god's sakes recruit the best JUCO LB's, safeties, and QB or two that you can find.  Screw recruiting rankings.. if it's all experienced 3 star talent, so be it... I want to say I saw a stat that 50% of the talent of the past 4 years are playing at Auburn. Find a way to develop that talent and keep them in the game for christ's sakes.. and coach the kids up. As it is at the moment.. how are these guys supposed to even build up basic confidence in themselves and the team?

Short term? I think we need to start hiring consultants or something....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Friends don't let friends buy Pat Dye's undergarments on Ebay...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
IF Chizik isn't on the hot seat.. then at the end of the season, we need: coach, new OL coach,

Crack is whack.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
IF Chizik isn't on the hot seat.. then at the end of the season, we need: a new OC, new LB & secondary coach, new OL coach, keep the stache because I honestly believe he's better than this going off his track record, maybe keep Loeffler around as a QB coach.. and for god's sakes recruit the best JUCO LB's, safeties, and QB or two that you can find.  Screw recruiting rankings.. if it's all experienced 3 star talent, so be it... I want to say I saw a stat that 50% of the talent of the past 4 years are playing at Auburn. Find a way to develop that talent and keep them in the game for christ's sakes.. and coach the kids up. As it is at the moment.. how are these guys supposed to even build up basic confidence in themselves and the team?

Short term? I think we need to start hiring consultants or something....

Dumb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2012, 11:59:11 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »
We have a new OC and new DC. The things that happen when you do that are happening to us. What you don't expect are the breakdowns in personal talent that we are seeing. You have multiple people ready at just about every other position, except QB and MLB. And unfortunately these are the 2 that are, here lately,  squatting to pee.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

HSVBeerNerd

« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
We have a new OC and new DC. The things that happen when you do that are happening to us. What you don't expect are the breakdowns in personal talent that we are seeing. You have multiple people ready at just about every other position, except QB and MLB. And unfortunately these are the 2 that are, here lately,  squatting to pee.

Like I said, I'm no HC or AD..but if Loeffler is calling like this due to lack of confidence at QB, then why even play? I only present a hypothetical situation, but at the same time..there is no quick fix at this point. I say start balancing out the playcalling at least and go for broke, because at worst the end result will be the same. Maybe shift positions around, change up LB, SOMETHING. I hope this weekend is a capitilization opportunity to make a lot of shifting around of personnel to prepare for what's coming, and not a disaster in its own right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2012, 12:55:29 PM »
Like I said, I'm no HC or AD..but if Loeffler is calling like this due to lack of confidence at QB, then why even play? I only present a hypothetical situation, but at the same time..there is no quick fix at this point. I say start balancing out the playcalling at least and go for broke, because at worst the end result will be the same. Maybe shift positions around, change up LB, SOMETHING. I hope this weekend is a capitilization opportunity to make a lot of shifting around of personnel to prepare for what's coming, and not a disaster in its own right.

Quite honestly we play like we did this weekend, and the War Hawks will be 2-0 in SEC play.

and thats no joke.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:48 PM »
Quite honestly we play like we did this weekend, and the War Hawks will be 2-0 in SEC play.

and thats no joke.

SEC West at that.  I agree on said personnel changes.  If Moseley is not badly injured (And I believe he is after they wouldn't put him in Saturday) give him a lot of reps this week and have him ready first sign of Kyle being Kalil.  I openly said I never wanted CM to see the field at Auburn again, except from the sidelines.  But I was also openly pulling for him to come in Saturday.  It was just that bad.  I don't see where Loeffler's O asks the QB to do near as much as Malzahn's and I truly believe Clint would at least make us competitive by making the simple throws that Frayzzer has been unable to make.  They certainly haven't asked Kile to use his athleticism other than the occasional run up the middle. 

On D...no reason whatsoever not to get Holland out of there.  The Stache said he had finally picked up the calls and was running the defense.  What's the use in that if you're making the call and then running like a scalded dog away from the play?  Put in Frost and/or McKinzey and let em' learn on the run.  At least they'll try and hit somebody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »
Put in Frost and/or McKinzey and let em' learn on the run.  At least they'll try and hit somebody.

Besides Darren Bates who likes to fly through the air, what makes you think our backups will come in and hit somebody?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

HSVBeerNerd

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

and thats no joke.

A (possibly) ranked La Monroe, Auburn 0-3 2 years after a NC.. Clempson hasn't Clempson'd yet, and Spurrier hasn't been mind-fucking any QB on his roster in the press yet this season. My god... this is bat country  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2012, 01:42:21 PM »

and thats no joke.

the war hawks have baylor and tulane left on their non-conference schedule. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
A (possibly) ranked La Monroe, Auburn 0-3 2 years after a NC.. Clempson hasn't Clempson'd yet, and Spurrier hasn't been mind-fucking any QB on his roster in the press yet this season. My god... this is bat country  :facepalm:

How much louder does the screaming get if we go 0-3 and lose bad to ULM.

17-0 or something like that cause I don't see our offense putting up any points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
Besides Darren Bates who likes to fly through the air, what makes you think our backups will come in and hit somebody?

I would hit somebody harder than Jake Holland.

:stache: has sais numerous times that Frost's only problem is upstairs...learning where he's supposed to be.  Well, spend all week teaching his ass where he's supposed to be. Make him learn it, live it, love it.  But holy frijoles, like I said, even I could see how mindnumbingly bad Holland was Saturday.  And I don't normally watch for stuff like that.  You can't do any worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »
I would hit somebody harder than Jake Holland.

:stache: has sais numerous times that Frost's only problem is upstairs...learning where he's supposed to be.  Well, spend all week teaching his ass where he's supposed to be. Make him learn it, live it, love it.  But holy frijoles, like I said, even I could see how mindnumbingly bad Holland was Saturday.  And I don't normally watch for stuff like that.  You can't do any worse.

Yep.  And if we're going to scratch this year off as rebuilding, I'd rather rebuild it with a freshman Linebacker who will mature and give us 2 or 3 really good years, than have to go through this next year or the year after.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
Yep.  And if we're going to scratch this year off as rebuilding, I'd rather rebuild it with a freshman Linebacker who will mature and give us 2 or 3 really good years, than have to go through this next year or the year after.

You complete me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions