Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Time for a change Coach

jmar

Re: Time for a change Coach
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
MSU is a pretty good football team (they're what Utah State was last year)...the negative is that we have missing links in every facet of the team, excluding Special Teams. Utah State, from last year, would beat us this year...about the same as what MSU did.
No I actually watched Utah and Utah State and that was a fucking train wreck- no offensive 3rd down comversions for either team. Just bad football!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 06:55:37 PM »
Apparently you can't fucking read. I said that MSU is pretty good which they are, not really good like you stated. Also, we are fucking young...we didn't all of a sudden become a veteran team after one game. We were young to start the season, we're still young two weeks into the season. I don't give two shits if you're tired of hearing it, it's the fucking truth.

Add to the young team, we have a NEW OC/QB Coach, a NEW DC, a NEW Secondary Coach and a NEW LBer Coach.

It's going to take a little fuckin time to get everyone on the same page and for everyone to unlearn from the previous Coordinators and learn from the new Coordinators...as well as getting the players in that are capable to succeed in their style of play calling.

Also, 8-5 last year does not suck with everything Coach Chizik had to replace...while still having Coach Roof as the DC.

So, that being said, you're the one that should shut the fuck up and stop crying. You and dallaswareagle.

You're out of your mind, but that's okay.  We all enjoy our football in our own way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 07:04:43 PM »
"Pretty" good and "really" good.  Huge distinction there prowler...  I don't understand your inability to admit the fact that we are fucking terrible. Period. Miss. State is not good.
LSU & UGA are really good. uat, USC & Clemson are really, really good. MSU is pretty good. Do you now see the distinction there? Auburn was not a good team today, which means they regressed a lot from last week's game against Clemson.

Can Auburn become a good team? Yes (8-4 is still a possibility).

Are they a good team right now? No (5-7 or worse if they don't correct their mistakes).

Do they have the correct players on the field right now? IMO, no (Slade, Holland & Whitehead need to be replaced, the question about Holland is who do you replace him with).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »
You're out of your mind, but that's okay.  We all enjoy our football in our own way.
Point out where I was ”out of my mind” in that post.  I'll wait.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »
LSU & UGA are really good. uat, USC & Clemson are really, really good. MSU is pretty good. Do you now see the distinction there? Auburn was not a good team today, which means they regressed a lot from last week's game against Clemson.

Can Auburn become a good team? Yes (8-4 is still a possibility).

Are they a good team right now? No (5-7 or worse if they don't correct their mistakes).

Do they have the correct players on the field right now? IMO, no (Slade, Holland & Whitehead need to be replaced, the question about Holland is who do you replace him with).
Are there any really really really really really really really really good teams?  Whats the really really differential?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 07:32:41 PM »
It makes not a bit of damn difference what any of you think. All that really matters is what I think. And I think I'll have a shot of booze and try to forget what I witnessed this morning. Maybe it is just a bad dream. Maybe someone slipped some LSD into my burrito last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »
Point out where I was ”out of my mind” in that post.  I'll wait.
Look here brother. I'm a crazy MFing homer too. But you and I both know what piss poor football looks like. You're no less a fan nor devout follower in admitting to me or anyone else that which took place in Starkville. There must be change and a few simple position moves isn't going to change the decline. Too much talent, not enough production.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »
It makes not a bit of damn difference what any of you think. All that really matters is what I think. And I think I'll have a shot of booze and try to forget what I witnessed this morning. Maybe it is just a bad dream. Maybe someone slipped some LSD into my burrito last night.
You go right ahead and do what you feel is best. Liquor should provide some much needed insulation against the pain you have recently experienced. :bar: To better days!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2012, 08:10:41 PM »
uat, USC & Clemson are really, really good.
If giving up 27 points to Ball State (Clemson) is really, really good, then holy shit. If beating Syracuse by only 13 points while letting them score 29 on you and have more offensive production than you (USC) is really, really good...... :facepalm:.

Clemson also gave up more yards to Ball State on defense than they gave up to Auburn's offense. Ball State's defense held Clemson's offense to less yards than Auburn's defense held Clemson's offense to. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:12:20 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »
If giving up 27 points to Ball State (Clemson) is really, really good, then holy shit. If beating Syracuse by only 13 points while letting them score 29 on you and have more offensive production than you (USC) is really, really good...... :facepalm:.

Clemson also gave up more yards to Ball State on defense than they gave up to Auburn's offense. Ball State's defense held Clemson's offense to less yards than Auburn's defense held Clemson's offense to.
Not so! Teams have let-ups and get into their depth charts. If you have ever gambled on sports you know better that to compare scores, EVER!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
Not so! Teams have let-ups and get into their depth charts. If you have ever gambled on sports you know better that to compare scores, EVER!
USC still had their starters in with 5 minutes left in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jmar

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »
USC still had their starters in with 5 minutes left in the game.
Their short-coming IS their depth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2012, 09:17:10 PM »
Their short-coming IS their depth.
They have 18 JRs and SRs in their two deep. Some of those are redshirt juniors or seniors. Did you see any of that game? Half of the SEC could beat USC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
Apparently you can't fucking read. I said that MSU is pretty good which they are, not really good like you stated. Also, we are fucking young...we didn't all of a sudden become a veteran team after one game. We were young to start the season, we're still young two weeks into the season. I don't give two shits if you're tired of hearing it, it's the fucking truth.

Add to the young team, we have a NEW OC/QB Coach, a NEW DC, a NEW Secondary Coach and a NEW LBer Coach.

It's going to take a little fuckin time to get everyone on the same page and for everyone to unlearn from the previous Coordinators and learn from the new Coordinators...as well as getting the players in that are capable to succeed in their style of play calling.

Also, 8-5 last year does not suck with everything Coach Chizik had to replace...while still having Coach Roof as the DC.

So, that being said, you're the one that should shut the fuck up and stop crying. You and dallaswareagle.

I don't think you understand, For 3 years we have been told how good we have been recruiting, that we have brought in the best staff and excluding 2010 what the FUCK do we have to show for it????

I like other folks are the biggest fans ( got a weekend trip coming up) I just want to understand (ask this before) How does our cross state turds re-load and we don't???????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2012, 09:28:35 PM »
Ball State is good; just not really good.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2012, 09:46:13 PM »
I don't think you understand, For 3 years we have been told how good we have been recruiting, that we have brought in the best staff and excluding 2010 what the fudge do we have to show for it????

I like other folks are the biggest fans ( got a weekend trip coming up) I just want to understand (ask this before) How does our cross state turds re-load and we don't???????
I ask myself the same question. I don't know the answer but I have faith that we are headed in the right direction. Even with the shotty performances these last 2 games and the blow out losses we had last year. I am convinced that the shift from the Malzahn system to more of a so called pro-set and the change in coordinators will take time to make a difference. It really doesn't matter when there is qb play like we had today. CGC seemed to try to cover for KF in the presser but his performance was one of the worst I've seen an AU QB have. Sure, there were other areas bad--still poor tackling, Holland looked like he was running in circles, etc BUT the most glaring defeciency in my mind is QB. We could have had the 2010 AU O line and the '95 Bama D on the field for us today and lost the game with KF's performance.  I'm trying to face the likely reality that it is going to be a loooooong season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 10:00:39 PM »
I ask myself the same question. I don't know the answer but I have faith that we are headed in the right direction. Even with the shotty performances these last 2 games and the blow out losses we had last year. I am convinced that the shift from the Malzahn system to more of a so called pro-set and the change in coordinators will take time to make a difference. It really doesn't matter when there is qb play like we had today. CGC seemed to try to cover for KF in the presser but his performance was one of the worst I've seen an AU QB have. Sure, there were other areas bad--still poor tackling, Holland looked like he was running in circles, etc BUT the most glaring defeciency in my mind is QB. We could have had the 2010 AU O line and the '95 Bama D on the field for us today and lost the game with KF's performance.  I'm trying to face the likely reality that it is going to be a loooooong season.

Explain the defense under a defense minded head coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Yoda

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »

Dude, my bad really good and a good team are totally different.  In any case MSU is neither.

I don't want you to think that I'm picking on you but you have got o get off the kool aid.  Blah blah blah this is th same shit I have heard over and over.  Oh Roof sucks that's the problem, oh we recruited for the spread that is the problem, oh we ar young that is the problem.  Honestly how many years in a row can we be young, don't they grow up eventually?

Even if we are young this year why is that?  Chizik and staff have been recruiting for 4 years now, at some point players are going to have to be able to become academically eligible and we are going to have to be able to keep them on the team for at least 3 years.

I do love Auburn football more than the normal fan, but a spade is a spade.

That is all, I'll shut up now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A girl's legs are her best friends, but the best of friends must part.
-- Redd Foxx

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
Explain the defense under a defense minded head coach?
I can't. It doesn't make any sense to me other than we don't have the players. That's CGC's responsibility to get them--I know. Also, that Tampa 2 bs is kind of wearing thin with me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 03:57:59 AM »
Our Qb was 1-7 with -2 yards and 2 int's at the half, The fact that he was left in the game really scares me. It tells me that we don't have anyone better than -2 yards passing in 2 quarters of football. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.