« on: August 30, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »
uninspired
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:53:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:56:22 AM »
homo
Fine...I'll be in my room painting "homo" things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:05:22 AM »
Fine...I'll be in my room painting "homo" things.

Tell that mean ocean Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »

Gearbox Software is a studio of many talents, but the developer's biggest success on Aliens: Colonial Marines may well end up being how accurately it's managed to nail the feel of the famous sci-fi series. This is vital, as anyone who has seen the movies can understand. There's nothing in the science fiction genre quite like the franchise's Xenomorphs, a race of highly aggressive and agile beings with acid for blood and the ability to reproduce through something akin to a cross-species infection. Xenomorphs in Aliens: Colonial Marines slide through the environment with the same sort of ease that they do in the movies, as we learned during a recent hands-on demo of the game's campaign. An unseen network of air ducts connects every room and corridor, so any alien that slips out of sight will eventually emerge elsewhere. Probably behind you.

"Just like the film, when the aliens are trying to test the defenses against the sentry guns. They stopped going because they knew they would die. So if you're just sitting there shooting through a door, they going to try to spawn someplace else. So it makes [combat] more dynamic, because depending on where you're fighting, there's dozens of places that they could be coming from. You change the world as you fight through it."

Burleson also notes that there's quite a bit more happening on the surface of LV-426 beyond the ruined walls of Hadley's Hope. Weyland-Yutani's experiments have extended to the planet, for starters. There's also a sizable force of Colonial Marines who end up being scattered following the events that lead to the crash of the Sulaco.

That's all Gearbox is willing to share at this point. Based on our preview time, the studio definitely has the feel of an Aliens-inspired experience nailed down. Whether the story measures up as the canonical sequel its been touted as remains to be seen, but we at least won't have to wait much longer. Aliens: Colonial Marines arrives on February 12, 2013.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
Multiplayer mode looks pretty awesome.  Is there a campaign in the game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »
Multiplayer mode looks pretty awesome.  Is there a campaign in the game?

Supposed to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 04:48:49 PM »
:yawn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions