Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN Ranks Auburn 10th In the SEC

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
ESPN Ranks Auburn 10th In the SEC
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
Still not surprised. Despite Chizik/Auburn being 8-0 vs. the five teams in front of us. 5-0 if you don't count 2010, which apparently you just can't do.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=sec&id=48799
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: ESPN Ranks Auburn 10th In the SEC
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »
BSPN has yet to surprise me with respect to pre-season rankings in the SEC. I couldn't give two shits about what they think. 

"W"s speak for themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:49:11 PM »
When Auburn goes 9-4/10-3 (counting the Bowl game), Auburn and Coach Chizik will have overchieved...for the 4th year in a row...in the media's eyes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:47:21 PM »
 :haha:

At everything on the list from #5 on down to AU. 

Fucking idiots.  Missouri? MSU? Tennessee? 

Eat my dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 02:23:34 AM »
I'm just not so sure about Arkansas. Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense a total collapse in the making for some reason.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 05:11:20 AM »
I'm just not so sure about Arkansas. Maybe I'm wrong, but I sense a total collapse in the making for some reason.
Like I've said before, I'm seeing Ole Miss from a few years ago with the Arkansas team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »
I agree with goat boy and Prowler.  I think Arkansas implodes this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
I agree with goat boy and Prowler.  I think Arkansas implodes this year.

Been saying this since the  JL Smith hire.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:15:38 AM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:30:31 AM »
Been saying this since the  JL Smith hire.
whatever, liar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
ESPN can choke on a bag of dicks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 11:55:54 AM »
Edward Aschoff

Who?

LSU's offense still has one of the best/deepest running games around and gets an upgrade with quarterback Zach Mettenberger.

Who?

The defending champs lost a lot of star power on defense, but that unit should still be pretty darn good this fall. There could be some growing pains at times, but the Tide should still have one of the league's best defensive units this fall.

Why?

The offense might be better and more balanced this fall, even without Trent Richardson.

More balanced?  Ok.  Better?  Why? 

a little more explosiveness and athleticism to work with at receiver.

No Julio.  No Maze.  No Hanks.  Who the hell is this guy talking about?

but the team has bought in to what interim coach John L. Smith is saying.

What has he been saying? 

Wilson lost three NFL receivers, but his receiving corps doesn't lack talent. Questions still surround the defense

Why would anyone think that losing three NFL receivers would mean a loss of talent?  Who is replacing those three receivers?  Must be Jerry Rice and Randy Moss's genetically engineered offspring.

Isaiah Crowell is gone, but the Bulldogs seem happy with their stable of running backs and were probably going to run by committee again this season anyway

Georgia's one running back that was a threat on the ground last year is gone, but it's all good.  They'd rather run a stable of wannabes anyway. 

Marcus Lattimore is one of the nation's best, and he appears to be 100 percent after his ACL injury.

Does this guy have video I don't have?  Has he attended practices?  Okay, so I'm being overly cynical with this one, but screw this Aschoff.

But for Will Muschamp, his second-year success will be determined by what the offense can do. Questions are everywhere, starting with a quarterback battle that isn't close to being settled. There are unproven pieces at receiver and the offensive line, which returns most of last year's parts, struggled mightily in 2011.

So an offense worse off than last year is going to help Florida finish higher in the SEC than last year.  Ooooook.

However, Da'Rick Rogers is gone, which means the pressure is on Hunter, who is coming off an ACL injury, and Patterson, who is in from the juco ranks.

So in other words, no one has a freaking clue what Tennessee's passing game is giong to be like now that their one proven receiver is gone. 

There is a lot of confidence in quarterback Tyler Russell, who can finally call this team his

There's always some kind of "confidence" hype with Miss State.  Every damn year.  When has their confidence ever actually amounted to anything?

The newbies don't lack confidence, but on paper they lack size up front -- on both sides. The staff and players say it's not a problem

Yeah, let's take their word for it. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
Wow....Tennessee!???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
Who?

Who?

Why?

More balanced?  Ok.  Better?  Why? 

No Julio.  No Maze.  No Hanks.  Who the hell is this guy talking about?

What has he been saying? 

Why would anyone think that losing three NFL receivers would mean a loss of talent?  Who is replacing those three receivers?  Must be Jerry Rice and Randy Moss's genetically engineered offspring.

Georgia's one running back that was a threat on the ground last year is gone, but it's all good.  They'd rather run a stable of wannabes anyway. 

Does this guy have video I don't have?  Has he attended practices?  Okay, so I'm being overly cynical with this one, but screw this Aschoff.

So an offense worse off than last year is going to help Florida finish higher in the SEC than last year.  Ooooook.

So in other words, no one has a freaking clue what Tennessee's passing game is giong to be like now that their one proven receiver is gone. 

There's always some kind of "confidence" hype with Miss State.  Every damn year.  When has their confidence ever actually amounted to anything?

Yeah, let's take their word for it.

Reads like they set out with a preconceived notion of how they want it to be, then justified it, often with shit pulled right out of his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DO4AU2012

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 04:43:37 AM »
Espn showing us absolutely no love...  :classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 06:59:32 AM »
Espn showing us absolutely no love...  :classic:

Meh.  Typical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."