Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

With A Little Less Than 50...

Token

Re: With A Little Less Than 50...
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »
I don't like the new WC format.  I can see it being helpful if the WC is within a game or two, but if the Braves end up 7-10 games ahead of the next wildcard team and lose the one game playoff, I'll be pissed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 08:40:39 PM »
If you have the chance, I recommend taking a game in.  Enjoy an Old Style and a polish sausage dog while you're there too.

i seconded...the polish sausages are teh glory.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 12:05:46 AM »
How many games back are my Cubbies?  7?  8-1/2?

The Sucktotalfuckingasstros are 33 games out of first.  39 and 80 on the year.  The new owner was on teh tubes tonight blathering about rebuilding, baby steps, farm team sucked ass, blah blah blah blah...

What the fuck ever, dude.  The only news you haave been pumping lately is how AWESOME the new uniforms are gonna be.  Really.  Really.  You are just doing that so everyone has to buy new shit.  "Going old school".  They are probably going to be ugly as fuck.  I won't buy one now on principle.

Two years in a row I have turned down free tickets behind home plate.  Not even worth the effort to drive all the way downtown for that shitastic on field product.  Gonna take a LOT to win me back.  Not sure you and your shitty team and your shitty management and your shitty farm team have what it's gonna take.  You have no  established stars, no rookie phenom, no up and coming young hotshots, and no fucking clue what you are doing.   

And in a town where there is a playoff caliber professional football team and a championship professional soccer team and Linsanity just joined the professional basketball team - you are a distant fourth. 

Gonna take a fucking miracle.

Go Rangers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »
Chipper Bobblehead night at teh Fultons and he promptly smacks two 2-run homers.   :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2012, 12:10:35 PM »
Chipper Bobblehead night at teh Fultons and he promptly smacks two 2-run homers.   :thumsup:

Watched the entire game. Bravos are really hot right now. I hope this keeps up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 12:27:37 PM »
Watched the entire game. Bravos are really hot right now. I hope this keeps up.

I honestly can't recall the last time they lost a series. I wouldn't be surprised if that streak goes all the way back to the All Star break.  Still can't catch the Government boys.  I'd much rather win the division than th WC. Like Token said, that would suck royally to lose out in one game scenario.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 03:14:24 PM »
If you have the chance, I recommend taking a game in.  Enjoy an Old Style and a polish sausage dog while you're there too.

I am sure he has looked to see what side of town they hang on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Token

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:31 PM »
Like Token said, that would suck royally to lose out in one game scenario.

But you know they are going to, right?  They have the 4th best record in baseball, they would be leading the AL central, AL west and NL west divisions right now.  They are 4 or 5 games ahead of the second WC team.  Normally, I'd say they'll implode in the month of September, but not this year.  No, instead, they'll play good enough to keep a huge lead on the second WC team, but not well enough to pass the Nats.  Then they'll get beat, at home, in a 1 game playoff.  That's the Atlanta Braves team I know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 11:03:05 AM »
I don't like the new WC format.  I can see it being helpful if the WC is within a game or two, but if the Braves end up 7-10 games ahead of the next wildcard team and lose the one game playoff, I'll be pissed.

Fuck you!

The Rangers won their division but didn't have home field advantage last year in the world series...because a WC team had it. THAT is some bullshit.

And the Rangers are struggling. I don't see them making it through the first round if they don't get their shit together. They have been nothing more than .500 club in 3 months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
Update.  Now, with roughly 25 to go...shit's gettin' real.  In the AL, the Yankees are only percentage points ahead of the Orioles for the lead in the East.  Oakland and Baltimore have identical records at 76-60 while Tampa Bay sits 1.5 games out of the AL East Lead and Wildcard race.  Detroit is 3 games back of the WC.

The AL East race has Washington going away with it, 7.5 games up on Atlanta.  The Braves are 77-60 and control their own destiny in the Wildcard. The Cards stand at 74-63 and have a 1.5 game lead on both the Dodgers and Pirates for the other WC spot. 

I'm hoping the Braves have their heads out of their asses after a long dry spell.  Won last night 1-0 but again, didn't hit the ball at all.  I think they had 3 hits.  Their hitting went in the shitter last year down the stretch so I'm hoping they've got that out of their system and will pick it up, because the pitching looks solid.  A hopeful sign though...In the 8th, the Braves got a fast leadoff hitter, George Costanza, on base.  Tyler Pastornishkishy-inator came up and I was hollering at the TV, "Bunt him over".  He did.  Didn't score because they hit a couple of at-em' balls but at least they played fundamental baseball.  I get so frustrated watching teams throw the book out the window so many times.  Tight game?  Runner on with no outs?  Move him into scoring position.  I don't care if Josh Hamilton is up.  He does know how to bunt, doesn't he?  You do work on that, don't you? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
I refuse to talk about Baseball right now.  The AL East and Wildcard races are too close for comfort.  The only thing I will say is that if my O's don't make it, I will still consider this season a success in terms of where we have been since the mid -90's.   Buck has done a pretty good job this season getting guys in there to put them in the position they are in.  Now we just have to make some good off season moves and this can be a solid team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »
I refuse to talk about Baseball right now.  The AL East and Wildcard races are too close for comfort.  The only thing I will say is that if my O's don't make it, I will still consider this season a success in terms of where we have been since the mid -90's.   Buck has done a pretty good job this season getting guys in there to put them in the position they are in.  Now we just have to make some good off season moves and this can be a solid team.

You just talked about baseball
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:35 PM »
You just talked about baseball

Your dirty whorish mouf..........shut it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 12:12:54 PM »
AUT1, look at the bright side, even if the O's don't make the playoffs, it's September, and they are playing meaningful baseball games.  And, come Saturday, you're going to watch Auburn at 11am, and then turn your attention to the ballpark when it's over...  when's the last time that happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 12:16:14 PM »
I'm turning my attention to a zip-line.  Mini Snags has his 12th birthday Saturday.  A friend of mine just opened a zip-line down here and we decided to have his party there.  I may have to take a few rides myself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
AUT1, look at the bright side, even if the O's don't make the playoffs, it's September, and they are playing meaningful baseball games.  And, come Saturday, you're going to watch Auburn at 11am, and then turn your attention to the ballpark when it's over...  when's the last time that happened.

Oh, I am loving it.  Beisbol will always be my first love.  It's nice to actually give a shit past All Star break for a change.   And......1996 and 1997 would be the last time I have paid full attention to MLB and Auburn football at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »
I just hope that the Rangers win the world series this year and that the Braves choke again and don't make it into the playoffs.

That's not asking too much...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
I just hope that the Rangers win the world series this year and that the Braves choke again and don't make it into the playoffs.

Choke on this...

Reply with nutt joke in 3...2....1....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »

Yeah, I really need the Rangers to beat Oakland the 7 times they will play them before the year is over.  Work on that for me, thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »
Choke on this...

Reply with nutt joke in 3...2....1....

Hooten Nutt coarches teh foosballs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.