Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Portal Time Again

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Portal Time Again
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2024, 04:33:01 PM »
Love Wes. Good kid. He's just a step slow for the SEC. Hopefully he finds a place and has a great year.
He talks pretty but he looks like he belongs on a termite team, honestly.

His posting has gone WAAAAY down. Regardless how any of you feel about him on a personal level, many guys in prison would welcome him as a cellie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2024, 04:53:20 PM »
They don't play.  He's already scrubbed from the official roster.

I hate losing his size and experience.  I wouldn't be surprised now to see them look for another LB from the portal.  Currently, the group at linebacker consists of:

Austin Keys

Eugene Asante

Dorian Mausi

Demarcus Riddick

Joe Phillips - Buck

DJ Barber

Jalen McLeod - Buck

Robert Woodyard

Jamonta Waller - Buck

I don't know if you qualify a couple of the Buck players as linebackers.  I know McLeod basically stands up and looks more like a true outside backer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2024, 05:20:17 PM »
Love Wes. Good kid. He's just a step slow for the SEC. Hopefully he finds a place and has a great year.

Agreed.  Loved his size and attitude, but my man wore cement cleats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2024, 06:16:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
Members reacted friendly:
Snakebite,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2024, 06:42:55 PM »
And another...edge rusher this time:

https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1782533255129903439

Y’all are gonna have to talk sense into me. I am getting a little too optimistic about 2024.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2024, 07:07:06 PM »
Y’all are gonna have to talk sense into me. I am getting a little too optimistic about 2024.
Looking much better for sure.
I get this gut feeling we can average scoring in the low to mid thirties only I'm more concerned with holding a lead and our defense being able to get off the field.
It's not like we have Jayden Daniels plus I'm not sold on Freeze's willingness to run the damn ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2024, 07:40:22 PM »
We averaged right at 190 yards per game rushing and 162 passing in 2023.  26 ppg.  I think our line will be much improved this season, and I still hold that Freeze was not really involved in the offense.  He will be this season, and the play calling should pick up.  It really comes down to Thorne.  He had so many nothing games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2024, 07:47:59 PM »
We averaged right at 190 yards per game rushing and 162 passing in 2023.  26 ppg.  I think our line will be much improved this season, and I still hold that Freeze was not really involved in the offense.  He will be this season, and the play calling should pick up.  It really comes down to Thorne.  He had so many nothing games.

Hell, I could go out there and throw for less than 100 yards a game for a stretch of the season. He best do something worth a crap, and if he doesn’t, Hugh better make a change quick. Tired of stubborn ass head coaches at Auburn that let their egos get in the way of adapting for the good of the team & season. Gus & Harvest were too stubborn to do what was best for Auburn in a variety of ways.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Don't rush me, sonny. You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

jmar

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2024, 07:43:44 AM »
Hell, I could go out there and throw for less than 100 yards a game for a stretch of the season. He best do something worth a crap, and if he doesn’t, Hugh better make a change quick. Tired of stubborn ass head coaches at Auburn that let their egos get in the way of adapting for the good of the team & season. Gus & Harvest were too stubborn to do what was best for Auburn in a variety of ways.
I'm enthusiastic about the prospects for a better season too. I'm just sitting at 7 wins in my mind trying to find number 8.

And this is born mostly from the NMSt and Maryland games. I think our offense will be much better from a talent perspective but our defense was just as bad on those two days even though statistically we were fourth in the SEC in mid November maybe under Roberts.

The TAMU game immediately pops into my thoughts with any mention of 2023;
not the two wtf games above or even the endzone gift for Milroe.

We are banking on having a prolific offense.
So I ask the question that should be at the fore of every dyed in the wool Auburn fan.

What can Durkin do for you?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 08:16:47 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2024, 09:04:27 AM »
I'm enthusiastic about the prospects for a better season too. I'm just sitting at 7 wins in my mind trying to find number 8.

And this is born mostly from the NMSt and Maryland games. I think our offense will be much better from a talent perspective but our defense was just as bad on those two days even though statistically we were fourth in the SEC in mid November maybe under Roberts.

The TAMU game immediately pops into my thoughts with any mention of 2023;
not the two wtf games above or even the endzone gift for Milroe.

We are banking on having a prolific offense.
So I ask the question that should be at the fore of every dyed in the wool Auburn fan.

What can Durkin do for you?
If the 3 DL additions make the 2 deep, it’s a bigger addition than most any new QB could bring. We really needed some added depth in that room.

Another LB would have been nice and maybe a big bodied WR but overall, we get an A for the portal, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com