Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Baby Showers

Baby Showers
« on: August 11, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
Since when did guys start getting invited to baby showers?

I didn't even know I was going to one.  The wife told me to get ready and told me when it was time to go.  I said whatever because I was tired and didn't care what the plans were.   

We showed up to this house with big pink bows and ribbons everywhere and a bunch of presents wrapped in pink. 

It was a baby shower!  And I along with future father and other guys were there!  And were supposed to be there! 

I once envied the men that got to wait in the smoking room while the wife went into labor.  But now, I not only have to go to the delivery room, I also have to endure a pink-infested giggle fest that doesn't involve alcohol (as one said, "If the mother can't drink, no one can drink  :taunt: ). 

I wanted to assume that the pink meant she was having a girl, but after seeing this country spiral downward into an effeminate toilet bowl, I wasn't so sure. 

Also, apparently this is the norm.  One guy there said that he had another one to go to tomorrow.  Two baby showers in one weekend. 

:sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Baby Showers
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 11:28:59 PM »
Since when did guys start getting invited to baby showers?

I didn't even know I was going to one.  The wife told me to get ready and told me when it was time to go.  I said whatever because I was tired and didn't care what the plans were.   

We showed up to this house with big pink bows and ribbons everywhere and a bunch of presents wrapped in pink. 

It was a baby shower!  And I along with future father and other guys were there!  And were supposed to be there! 

I once envied the men that got to wait in the smoking room while the wife went into labor.  But now, I not only have to go to the delivery room, I also have to endure a pink-infested giggle fest that doesn't involve alcohol (as one said, "If the mother can't drink, no one can drink  :taunt: ). 

I wanted to assume that the pink meant she was having a girl, but after seeing this country spiral downward into an effeminate toilet bowl, I wasn't so sure. 

Also, apparently this is the norm.  One guy there said that he had another one to go to tomorrow.  Two baby showers in one weekend. 

:sad:

All I read there was that you and all your male friends are nutless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

chinook

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 12:13:32 AM »
i think it started when ogre and thrilla bailed on the first x golf outing...or something like that.

i've got two smolts, and there are several of us with kiddos all of similar age...not once was there an all couple baby shower.

the all inclusive delivery thingy is a different story. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:16:02 AM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 02:40:31 AM »
Gender equality, baby.  It's not a mommy thing anymore.  From drunken doggy style all the way through to Lamaze breathing and cutting the cord... it's all inclusive.

I do think it's stupid.  There were no men at my baby showers. Corndog showed up to load the loot in the car.  He would have just laughed had his presence been suggested.  Hell, *I* didn't want to be there.  I hate being the center of attention at parties like that.  But I had no choice.

Yeah, you guys are nutless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 10:41:08 AM »
I went to a baby shower once.

The parents couldn't figure out who I was, why I was in their bathroom, or what I was doing with their child, but believe you me, it was fun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
I went to a baby shower once.

The parents couldn't figure out who I was, why I was in their bathroom, or what I was doing with their child, but believe you me, it was fun.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
Once I saw a thread on the x with this title, I was surprised that it took over 12 hours to take a Sandusky turn
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 02:16:00 PM »
Once I saw a thread on the x with this title, I was surprised that it took over 12 hours to take a Sandusky turn

Had it been a work day, I would have been on it in seconds.  Weekend drinking is far more important.

I would have been on the thread title, that is.  Not the baby.

...okay, maybe the baby, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:13 AM »
i think it started when ogre and thrilla bailed on the first x golf outing...or something like that.

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."