Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Shooter on Texas A&M Campus - UPDATED

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
Shooter on Texas A&M Campus - UPDATED
« on: August 13, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
From 1:30pm today

..COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) — Texas A&M University says a shooter has been taken into custody near its campus in College Station.

College Station police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton tells CNN multiple people have been shot, including law enforcement, but she doesn't know the extent of the injuries. Multiple calls to Seaton's cellphone from The Associated Press have gone straight to voicemail.

The university issued an alert on its website just before 12:30 p.m. Monday warning of an active shooter near the campus football stadium, Kyle Field. The warning tells residents and students to avoid the area.

Seaton says the shooting happened within a block or two of campus sometime before 12:45 p.m. She says police have one suspect in custody.

College Station lies about 90 miles northwest of Houston.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:08:32 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

Re: Shooter on Texas A&M Campus
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:04:09 PM »
Update:

(Reuters) - Multiple people, including law enforcement officers, were shot on Monday when a gunman opened fire near Texas A&M University, police in College Station, Texas, said.

"We have multiple people who have been shot," police spokeswoman Rhonda Seaton told CNN, adding that law enforcement officers were among those.

Police had the shooting suspect in custody, according to the university's website. The extent of victims' injuries was not immediately clear.

The university issued a "code maroon" shortly after noon, warning students and employees that an "active shooter" was in the area west of campus and asking them to stay away.

The gunman fired shots from inside a home about two blocks from the campus, according to the university's alert.

"We have been told to stay put," said Keith Randall, a Texas A&M employee who was in his office. "They just asked us to stay where we are."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
I can't believe this is happening again. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 03:18:59 PM »
Technically off campus - hopefully this is not school related.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »
Technically off campus - hopefully this is not school related.

But...

near the campus football stadium, Kyle Field.

Clearly the football team was involved.  Thug culture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Wench

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »
But...

Clearly the football team was involved.  Thug culture.

Bear Bryant used to coach at A&M.  There's your connection...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

Re: Shooter on Texas A&M Campus - UPDATED
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »
Three people, including a police officer and the suspected gunman, are dead following a shooting near the Texas A&M campus in College Station on Monday, police and university officials say. Four others, including three police officers and a female civilian, were wounded.

According to the College Station Police Department, the gunman was shot and taken into custody. The gunman later died, a police spokesman told the Dallas Morning News' crime blog. A male civilian also died in the "gunfight," police said.

The shooting began when an officer attempted to serve an eviction notice, according to WFAA-TV. Brian Bachmann, a 41-year-old Brazos County constable, was fatally wounded in the shooting, which occurred shortly after noon about a block away from campus.

"It appears that the shooter [was] shooting from a house with automatic weapons," KBTX-TV said.

The other wounded officers are being treated for non-life-threatening injuries, the police spokesman said. The female civilian underwent surgery Monday; her condition was not released.

Texas A&M issued an alert on its website just before 12:30 p.m. local time on Monday warning of an active shooter near Kyle Field, the campus football stadium.

The shooting occurred near Highlands and Fidelity Streets in College Station, just south of George Bush Drive and east of the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum.

Monday's shooting comes a little more than a week after seven people, including the suspected gunman, were killed in a mass shooting at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wis., and less than a month after a gunman opened fire at Aurora, Colo., movie theater during a midnight screening of "Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 and wounding 58.

It's obviously George Bush's fault.  It was on his street, near his library.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Shooter on Texas A&M Campus - UPDATED
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 07:00:39 AM »
After driving around there a couple of week's ago I could not help but to compare it to City of Tuscaloosa.  There seemed to be very little if any middle class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."