Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Taxing the Olympians

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Taxing the Olympians
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »
Or they could listen to a message board sage who doesnt know how businesses work. 

Come out just as well.

:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »
Or they could listen to a message board sage who doesnt know how businesses work. 

Come out just as well.

So says the business owner who audaciously and incorrectly suggested that a $50,000 expense for a computer server couldn't be deducted in one year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Care to tell me who started the CFA "uproar"? After that it simply became an action/reaction tennis match.

I never said that one side or the other hasn't started anything.  I merely disagree with the statement that it's "usually one side."

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that all of the photoshopped images of Obama (and claims that other images of him are photoshopped when they're not) are being propagated by the left as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Vandy Vol

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
I didn't accept that when it was rephrased as "because I said so" from my mother.

You don't have to accept it, I'm just telling you why it is how it is.  Not saying that this is the way it should be, just pointing out what the relevant laws are within the realm of this particular topic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 01:58:37 PM »
You don't have to accept it, I'm just telling you why it is how it is.  Not saying that this is the way it should be, just pointing out what the relevant laws are within the realm of this particular topic.

You need to shut the fuck up on the subject and be figuring out what they are gonna do to the inheritance tax bullshit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
You need to shut the fuck up on the subject and be figuring out what they are gonna do to the inheritance tax bullshit.

They'll either pass an extension or they won't.  Does that help?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:20 PM »

I believe they just voted to extend the Bush tax cuts yesterday.  Don't follow it enough to know if that includes what you're axing

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:06:05 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
The House approved the Republican plan Wednesday to extend all the Bush-era tax rates for a year, in another vote that served to put lawmakers on record over the issue but did not appear to bring Congress any closer to a deal.

The GOP plan was approved on a 256-171 vote. Only one Republican, Rep. Timothy Johnson of Illinois, voted against the plan, while 19 Democrats voted to approve.

The roll call was held Wednesday evening shortly after House lawmakers rejected Democrats’ plan to extend the Bush-era tax rates for families making less than $250,000 while letting them rise for top earners. The Democrat-backed plan was the same as the one that narrowly passed the Senate last week.

The votes Wednesday, though, only served to put lawmakers on record as backing the positions that they’ve generally held for months. Unclear is where lawmakers, and President Obama, will go from here to try to avert at least some of the looming tax hikes set to go into effect in January when the Bush-era rates expire.

Obama is on the campaign trail, touting the Democrats' plan as the only responsible route for extending the Bush-era rates. But he is not meeting with congressional leaders about how the two sides might iron out their differences and strike a compromise package.

Technically, the House and Senate could take their dueling proposals to a so-called conference committee after the Wednesday vote. But for now, that is not likely, and the prevailing Washington wisdom is that lawmakers won't tackle the tax crisis in earnest until after the election -- and possibly until the next presidential term begins.

Many economists think allowing all tax rates to snap back to Clinton-era levels could drive the economy back into a recession, especially if it is hit at the same time with automatic spending cuts, which were designed as punishment for Washington's failure to enact another deficit-cutting bargain.

Republicans say Obama's insistence on raising taxes on wealthier earners will sting small-business owners who create jobs. Democrats counter that the taxes only apply to the earnings of individuals exceeding $200,000 yearly and couples surpassing $250,000 -- exempting 98 percent of taxpayers.

"This should be an easy vote for an overwhelming majority of members to say, 'Let's extend these tax cuts we agree on and then debate what we don't agree on,'" said No. 2 House Democrat Steny Hoyer of Maryland. "It should be easy."

But GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy of California suggested Democrats should just extend all the rates, as they’ve done before.

"Two years ago the Democrats controlled everything in Washington. The same question stood before Congress," said GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy of California on Wednesday. “At that time 139 Democrats voted to ... stop a tax increase."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/01/house-defeats-democrat-backed-plan-to-raise-taxes-for-top-earners/#ixzz22Pg06jsl
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Vandy Vol

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 02:14:23 PM »
I believe they just voted to extend the Bush tax cuts yesterday.  Don't follow it enough to know if that includes what you're axing

The Senate had previously voted to extend many tax cuts, but not all; their proposed bill didn't extend the estate tax thresholds.  The House rejected the Senate's tax bill yesterday by voting to keep all of the tax cuts, including the estate tax thresholds.

From what I've read, the Senate won't allow it to pass, and Obama has said that he would veto it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
The Senate had previously voted to extend many tax cuts, but not all; their proposed bill didn't extend the estate tax thresholds.  The House rejected the Senate's tax bill yesterday by voting to keep all of the tax cuts, including the estate tax thresholds.

From what I've read, the Senate won't allow it to pass, and Obama has said that he would veto it.

Obama.  Can't you see that man is a ni......oh sorry.

Can't you see that man is a ni...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »
The House approved the Republican plan Wednesday to extend all the Bush-era tax rates for a year, in another vote that served to put lawmakers on record over the issue but did not appear to bring Congress any closer to a deal.

The GOP plan was approved on a 256-171 vote. Only one Republican, Rep. Timothy Johnson of Illinois, voted against the plan, while 19 Democrats voted to approve.

The roll call was held Wednesday evening shortly after House lawmakers rejected Democrats’ plan to extend the Bush-era tax rates for families making less than $250,000 while letting them rise for top earners. The Democrat-backed plan was the same as the one that narrowly passed the Senate last week.

The votes Wednesday, though, only served to put lawmakers on record as backing the positions that they’ve generally held for months. Unclear is where lawmakers, and President Obama, will go from here to try to avert at least some of the looming tax hikes set to go into effect in January when the Bush-era rates expire.

Obama is on the campaign trail, touting the Democrats' plan as the only responsible route for extending the Bush-era rates. But he is not meeting with congressional leaders about how the two sides might iron out their differences and strike a compromise package.

Technically, the House and Senate could take their dueling proposals to a so-called conference committee after the Wednesday vote. But for now, that is not likely, and the prevailing Washington wisdom is that lawmakers won't tackle the tax crisis in earnest until after the election -- and possibly until the next presidential term begins.

Many economists think allowing all tax rates to snap back to Clinton-era levels could drive the economy back into a recession, especially if it is hit at the same time with automatic spending cuts, which were designed as punishment for Washington's failure to enact another deficit-cutting bargain.

Republicans say Obama's insistence on raising taxes on wealthier earners will sting small-business owners who create jobs. Democrats counter that the taxes only apply to the earnings of individuals exceeding $200,000 yearly and couples surpassing $250,000 -- exempting 98 percent of taxpayers.

"This should be an easy vote for an overwhelming majority of members to say, 'Let's extend these tax cuts we agree on and then debate what we don't agree on,'" said No. 2 House Democrat Steny Hoyer of Maryland. "It should be easy."

But GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy of California suggested Democrats should just extend all the rates, as they’ve done before.

"Two years ago the Democrats controlled everything in Washington. The same question stood before Congress," said GOP Whip Kevin McCarthy of California on Wednesday. “At that time 139 Democrats voted to ... stop a tax increase."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/01/house-defeats-democrat-backed-plan-to-raise-taxes-for-top-earners/#ixzz22Pg06jsl

We ought to blow Washington up and try again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
So says the business owner who audaciously and incorrectly suggested that a $50,000 expense for a computer server couldn't be deducted in one year.
That credit worked out pretty damn well for my father-in-law's business, actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2012, 12:15:39 AM »
In other knee jerk reaction news, a couple of Congresspeople introduced measures today that would exempt Olympic winnings from taxes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
I never said that one side or the other hasn't started anything.  I merely disagree with the statement that it's "usually one side."

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that all of the photoshopped images of Obama (and claims that other images of him are photoshopped when they're not) are being propagated by the left as well.

Only one side can start it. True statement.

No, those pictures are funny! Of course, when John Stewart or any of the other non funny fag "comedians" say it, it's called just sattire. Let the right make up some funny pics, its hate mongering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
Only one side can start it. True statement.

Both sides attempt to discredit the other, blast the other, or otherwise spread propaganda about the other.  These are incidents which recur; it's not a one-time event that can only be started once.  Your initial statement acknowledges this fact, as you claimed that it was one side that "usually" starts it.  If there's more than one thing being "started," then you can have more than one instigator.

No, those pictures are funny! Of course, when John Stewart or any of the other non funny fag "comedians" say it, it's called just sattire. Let the right make up some funny pics, its hate mongering.

Many of the pictures that I am referring to were not put out there for humor.  They were put out there and identified as real, unedited pictures which showed that Obama was dumb/unpatriotic/whatever.  I don't believe that Jon Stewart puts photoshopped pictures on his show and claims that they are real.

At any rate, focusing on people like Jon Stewart ignores people like Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, etc.  Both sides of the political fence have people that spread propaganda, start meaningless debates to distract the public, etc.  It's not just one politician or political party that has derailed the entire system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2012, 04:03:10 PM »
Both sides attempt to discredit the other, blast the other, or otherwise spread propaganda about the other.  These are incidents which recur; it's not a one-time event that can only be started once.  Your initial statement acknowledges this fact, as you claimed that it was one side that "usually" starts it.  If there's more than one thing being "started," then you can have more than one instigator.

Many of the pictures that I am referring to were not put out there for humor.  They were put out there and identified as real, unedited pictures which showed that Obama was dumb/unpatriotic/whatever.  I don't believe that Jon Stewart puts photoshopped pictures on his show and claims that they are real.

At any rate, focusing on people like Jon Stewart ignores people like Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, etc.  Both sides of the political fence have people that spread propaganda, start meaningless debates to distract the public, etc.  It's not just one politician or political party that has derailed the entire system.

I say they are funny. I saw they are sattire. End of story. See how easy a cop out that is?

Stewart and Colbert get their true opinion out there in the guise of sattire. Real slick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
I say they are funny. I saw they are sattire. End of story. See how easy a cop out that is?

Stewart and Colbert get their true opinion out there in the guise of sattire. Real slick.

I find their content funny, but yes, they hold absurd political views...assuming their political views are truly reflected in their routines.

The pictures of Obama, however, were not intended for humorous purposes.  Or, at the very least, they weren't being spread by others from their initial source for humorous purposes, because they were posted on this forum at one point and portrayed as real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions