Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

WR Help Arrives

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: WR Help Arrives
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »
Hence the Ronnie Daniels remarks Chizad...you catch on so fast.

Daniels was 24 when he started as a freshman I believe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
My bud told me this morning that Chiz didn't say anything glowing about him, and said "he's been away from football a long time".  My bud was not optimistic based on this.  I reminded him he was still involved in athletic pursuits, and that age/maturity go a long way in this sport.  I wouldn't expect Chiz to say anything that would get anybody's hopes up, even if Chiz was optimistic.  Chiz is all about teh coach speak.  He could be a very nice add, if not this year, next.  I have a feeling he will be an early pleasant surprise.

I'm sure the kid hasn't forgotten how to run and catch.  He may be rusty on the routes, but lob the fucking ball up and let him sky for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
Stop while you are ahead Chizad. We know how you are with numbers.

At least years aren't typically measured in fractions so you may be ok.
- Cam's birthday: May 11, 1989. Melvin's: April 23, 1989
- Roman is 29. 23 + 5 = 28.

I'm still ahead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
I'm sure the kid hasn't forgotten how to run and catch.  He may be rusty on the routes, but lob the fucking ball up and let him sky for it.

They'll teach him his routes.  No biggie.  To me his age, and the fact he has been in "the pros" at some level for 4 years is huge.  Nothing, none of the "kids" on a college football team or field are going to intimidate this guy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48:12 AM »
Plus, he can cash in on his Social Security benefits if this foosball thing doesn't work out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:42 AM »
- Cam's birthday: May 11, 1989. Melvin's: April 23, 1989
- Roman is 29. 23 + 5 = 28.

I'm still ahead.

Like I said, as long as you are using whole numbers then you're ok.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

Egg Zakery. Plus, he has old man strength.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 10:58:50 AM »
Plus, he can cash in on his Social Security benefits if this foosball thing doesn't work out.

**snickers##
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 12:14:40 PM »
Well, something changed in the last week.

And Al.com wept.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/07/full_report_melvin_ray_discuss.html

Full report: Melvin Ray discusses his return to football, which he hopes to be at Alabama
Published: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 9:14 AM
Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register

(NOTE: This story expounds on Monday's breaking news and appears in today's editions of The Birmingham News, Huntsville Times and Mobile Press-Register)

TUSCALOOSA -- Baseball prospect Melvin Ray made it back home from a winter league stay in Venezuela just in time to catch January's BCS national title game.

Glued to the television with friends around him, there was a familiar thought again flashing through the mind of the former wide receiver: "I could have been there."

A 2008 Alabama football signee who instead chose pro baseball, Ray is now ready to return to football and the Crimson Tide.

Ray, 21, is no longer with the Los Angeles Dodgers' organization after spending the past three seasons as an outfielder in the minor leagues. He returned home to Tallahassee, Fla., in recent days and is beginning the process of joining Alabama's incoming 2011 class and possibly enrolling in time for practice next spring.

"I'm set. My heart is still with (Alabama) because I signed with them," Ray said. "I wouldn't have made that commitment for no reason. I want to play. I want to play with Alabama no matter what. I'm in the process of getting in contact with (defensive coordinator) Kirby (Smart) and (head coach Nick) Saban right now. I've got to figure out what's next. Everything has happened so fast over the last couple of days."

The Dodgers drafted Ray, now listed as 6-foot-4, 205 pounds, in the 33rd round of the 2008 Major League draft. Ray spent the past three seasons batting .184 with two home runs and nine stolen bases in 64 games. Though he was never promoted beyond Los Angeles' rookie league team, Ray was hitting .269 through 20 games this season in the Arizona League.

As it turns out, Ray's final baseball game was Wednesday. The Dodgers, sensing Ray's next career move, released him in what amounted to a mutual decision.

"My heart wasn't in it anymore," Ray said. "I had really been thinking about this all season, really. They already knew that I'd kind of decided that I wanted to go back, get my education and take another run on the football field."

Ray said he will not reopen his college football recruitment beyond Alabama. His commitment has yet to be formally accepted by Alabama coaches, but Saban indicated in 2008 that the door would be open for Ray to return to football. **Wait...Saban lied to him???**

Ray was No. 68 on the Press-Register's Super Southeast 120 for 2008 and rated as a four-star recruit at the time by Rivals.com.

"I honestly feel like I'm way more dominant on the football field than anything," Ray said. "At this point in time in my life, I've got to figure out really what I want to make a long-term career in."

Ray's father, Melvin Sr., said his son needs to complete course work to be able to enroll at UA, meaning he will try to enroll in junior college this fall either at Shelton State in Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee Community College. After one semester, the family's hopes are Ray could enroll at UA after Christmas break.

"He's a good kid," Ray Sr. said. "He's done what he needed to do. But this is what he wants to do."

Ray would have his full four years of eligibility for college football since he never enrolled at UA or played for the Crimson Tide. According to Ray's father, the Dodgers agreed to pay for his son's college, per terms of his original deal, though it's unclear if NCAA rules would allow that to happen or if Ray would count against Alabama's 85-man scholarship limit.

"If we have to pay for it," Ray Sr. said, "he's going to Alabama. Once he was committed, nothing has changed there."

Ray Jr. said he paid close attention to the Crimson Tide during the past two football seasons. While excited to see the success, he said he wasn't surprised after all the hype that Alabama's 2008 signing class received. After the Crimson Tide topped Texas to win the BCS title game in January, he received calls from baseball teammates asking how it felt to have his team win the whole thing.

And while baseball is now complete for him, he says he'll miss it and that he wouldn't trade the experiences he's had in the past few years.

"It's something that I'll never forget and actually something that will probably help me for the rest of my life down the line, just knowing how to interact with different people," Ray Jr. said. "I'm not regretting anything. It was fun. I enjoyed every bit of it. But I'm excited about going down a new path. I wouldn't make the choice to try something different if I wasn't completely behind it. I'm excited to get back working out, get back into school and get back rolling again."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »

And Al.com wept.

Or year...check your date again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 12:41:48 PM »
Rumor has it he was actually on our team last year but redshirted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 12:44:44 PM »

Chiz...numbers

Oil....water
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 12:52:17 PM »

110-220  same thing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »

110-220  same thing

or 220-221.  Whatever it takes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »

And Al.com wept.

Damn, I think I jinxed you thinking you could handle whole numbers and shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »
NUMBERS!!!

:hulk:

Apparently that was two years ago, so you're a year off as well.  :cool:

The article kept referring to the Alabama BCS championship game this last January, so I ASS_U_ME 'ed incorrectly.

That not withstanding, WTF happened between then and now? So he's been off the baseball team for two years now? That makes a difference as far as my faith in his physical condition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 01:35:02 PM »
NUMBERS!!!

:hulk:

Apparently that was two years ago, so you're a year off as well.  :cool:

The article kept referring to the Alabama BCS championship game this last January, so I ASS_U_ME 'ed incorrectly.

That not withstanding, WTF happened between then and now? So he's been off the baseball team for two years now? That makes a difference as far as my faith in his physical condition.

Chadskins loves teh numberz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »
or 220-221.  Whatever it takes.

No problem. Come on over here Ron. Let me show you what I'm doing, taking advantage of some of the time off. To, uh, add a whole new wing on here. Gonna rip these walls out and, uh, of course re-wire it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
No problem. Come on over here Ron. Let me show you what I'm doing, taking advantage of some of the time off. To, uh, add a whole new wing on here. Gonna rip these walls out and, uh, of course re-wire it.

Our President speaks on the situation: 

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:03:05 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 05:35:35 PM »
Hence the Ronnie Daniels remarks Chizad...you catch on so fast.

Daniels was 24 when he started as a freshman I believe.
Ronney Daniels.

Ronnie Brown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.