No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: You're so right Carl.....
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 01:09:52 PM »
http://fromthebleachersblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/carl-stephens-rip.html

That 97 Iron Bowl is maybe my favorite Carl Stephens moment.  "Your attention please.  Your attention please.  To the students in the end zone...  please do not throw that....  thing....  over the sides of the stadium."  I've got a scoreboard print from that game with the goal post in it.
Same exact memory, same exact circumstances.  Except, for me it was the 2001 Auburn - Florida game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 01:27:59 PM »
Same exact memory, same exact circumstances.  Except, for me it was the 2001 Auburn - Florida game.
I was thinking the same thing.

The game that transformed me to a casual observer to a border-line obsessed Auburn fan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 01:44:19 PM »
Well fuck me blind.  I thought he was still doing it. 

My sadness has lifted.

I remember the first game the new guy did, and me and my bud looked at each other and said "damn, sure sounds like Carl to me".  Maybe they can electronically augment anybody's voice to Carl's and that's how they're doing it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:16 PM »
http://fromthebleachersblog.blogspot.com/2012/08/carl-stephens-rip.html

That 97 Iron Bowl is maybe my favorite Carl Stephens moment.  "Your attention please.  Your attention please.  To the students in the end zone...  please do not throw that....  thing....  over the sides of the stadium."  I've got a scoreboard print from that game with the goal post in it.

That was true drunk mob intelligence.  After the warning they tried to force the goalpost through the tunnels.  After that they carried it down to the field and jammed the jagged end into the ground and left.  It was like watching ants build something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.