Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Same Old Story?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Same Old Story?
« on: August 01, 2012, 10:54:41 AM »
Each year, the football world talks about Corch Mark Rickety Richts and how this should be the season the Dawgs break through.  Why not....they've supposedly recruited the best talent in the land for the last 26 years in a row.  I got to looking at their team and schedule last night and thought, if this team doesn't win the East and be in serious contention for the MNC, they really need to give Richt some nice parting gifts and bring in some new blood to run the show.  Hard to say that with the guy's winning percentage, but at schools like UGA, UF, AU, LSU, Bama etc. the goal is winning championships and if it's clear you just can't get it done.....

First off, for the second straight year, there is no easier schedule to navigate in the SEC.  The Bulldogs avoid match ups with Bama, LSU and Arkansas.  They have one of the most experienced QB's in the conference coming back in Aaron Murray, plus his two top receivers return.  The biggest thing to me that says once and for all....no excuses....they have 9 starters returning on a defense that only gave up about 275 yards a game last year.  As usual, I believe they'll start the season with some players suspended but honestly, I haven't kept up with it that closely to recall which player(s) are out.  Here's the schedule. 

Buffalo

at Missourri

Florida Atlantic

Vanderbilt

Tennessee

at USCe

at Kentucky

Florida

Ole Miss

at Auburn

Georgia Southern

Georgia Tech

The only game that should be relatively close as far as the point spread is concerned is the road game against the Cocks. I realize UGA always seems to struggle beating the Cock, but I just can't put USCe at the elite level in this league no matter how many games they win.  As an Auburn man, I know how easy it is to beat the Cock.  I don't see any game they won't be favored in and with virtually the entire defense returning, there is no excuse for Richt's bunch not to run the table and into the SECCG.  Thoughts?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Same Old Story?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 01:29:45 PM »
UGA has become accustomed to finishing good and just making up excuses why they really should've won it all. If it weren't for that one call. They take MNC's to another level. Like in 2007. They finished 11-2 with losses to Tenn(blowout) and SC (in Athens). But somehow, they were "screwed" out of a MNC and a fringe part of their fanbase actually claims a stake in 2007.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, the dawgs would have a Merry Christmas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:18:29 PM »
I got scoffed at for posting that LSU & UGA will be in the SECCG and that the winner will be playing for the BCS National Championship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 10:32:57 PM »
I got scoffed at for posting that LSU & UGA will be in the SECCG and that the winner will be playing for the BCS National Championship.
SCOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 04:00:58 AM »
SCOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
^SEE^

Psssssssshhhh!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 01:51:33 PM »

Congrats. You predicted that UGA was the least retarded team in the LD class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE