Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Go Ahead and Bet on Bama

Go Ahead and Bet on Bama
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »
SALINE, Mich. -- Michigan running back Fitzgerald Toussaint has been suspended indefinitely from the team after being arrested Saturday evening on a DUI charge.

Toussaint, a redshirt junior, ran for 1,041 yards and nine touchdowns on 187 carries as Michigan's starting running back in 2011. The total was second on the team behind quarterback Denard Robinson.

More on Toussaint's Ban
Michigan's test against Alabama in its opener will be a whole lot tougher if Fitzgerald Toussaint's indefinite suspension lasts that long, Brian Bennett writes. Blog

• WolverineNation.com

"Fitz made a poor decision and has been suspended indefinitely because of that action," coach Brady Hoke said in a statement Monday. "There are expectations that come with being a football student-athlete at the University of Michigan and those responsibilities were not met in this instance. We will use this as an opportunity to educate Fitz and make sure he understands the high standards that we have established within our program."

Saline (Mich.) Police Chief Larry Hrinik confirmed Toussaint's arrest. He said that at the time of the arrest, Toussaint's blood alcohol level was .12. Michigan's legal limit is .08.

Hrinik said Saline police officers were working a high-visibility enforcement area in Ann Arbor Saturday evening when they witnessed Toussaint go through a red light at the intersection of Forest and Washtenaw.

"The officers could smell intoxicants on his breath," Hrinik said. "They had him take a PBT (preliminary breath test) and ended up arresting him and brought him back here to process him."

Toussaint was released early Sunday morning on bond. His court date has yet to be determined and the police report didn't specify to whom Toussaint was released.

Toussaint was driving a white Ford 150. The police report didn't indicate whether anyone else was in the vehicle at the time of the arrest.

"It was a cut and dry report," Hrinik said. "The nice thing is that he was very cooperative."

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8192320/fitzgerald-toussaint-michigan-wolverines-suspended-dui-arrest

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan sophomore defensive end Frank Clark has been suspended from the Wolverines' football team after he was charged with second degree home invasion, which is a felony.

More on Michigan
Everything Michigan, from recruiting to news to game coverage, is available at ESPN.com's WolverineNation.
More:
• ESPN.com Recruiting coverage
• ESPN.com's Big Ten blog

"We are aware of the case regarding football student-athlete Frank Clark," Michigan coach Brady Hoke said in a statement. "This is a serious accusation and we will follow the lead of the judicial system. Frank was and will continue to be suspended pending the outcome of the investigation."

Clark, 19, appeared in 12 games for Michigan last season and was expected to compete with sophomore Brennen Beyer for the starting rush end position when fall camp begins next month. He had 10 tackles and one interception as a freshman.

Clark allegedly stole a MacBook Air laptop out of a Stockwell Hall dorm room. The laptop was reported stolen on June 14 and Clark was arrested on June 19. He has been arraigned and faces a preliminary exam on Aug. 2 in the 14th District Court.

"He was found to be in possession of a laptop that was reportedly taken from that residence hall room," University of Michigan police spokesperson Diane Brown said.

Clark joins a growing list of Michigan football players who have been arrested and charged with crimes in 2012, including starting running back Fitzgerald Toussaint (DUI), former receiver Darryl Stonum (dismissed from the team after violating probation stemming from his second drunken driving arrest), receiver Jerald Robinson (misdemeanor destruction of property) and starting defensive tackle William Campbell (misdemeanor destruction of property).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8192839/michigan-wolverines-de-frank-clark-suspended-arrest
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Go Ahead and Bet on Bama
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:20:35 PM »
People thought Meeechigan was gonna win? LMAO. Denard can't do much when he's on crutches trying to carry the team against a SEC Strong front 7 like uat's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
Call me a  :bamahomer: , but I don't think they are going to win that game anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »
Call me a  :bamahomer: , but I don't think they are going to win that game anyway.

Nope. This at least one thing you are right about.

You were going to destroy them with or without this kid. Maybe this was planned by Hoke so he and the fans would have an excuse for the blowout. That's how the Big 10+1+1 rolls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »
Nope. This at least one thing you are right about.

You were going to destroy them with or without this kid. Maybe this was planned by Hoke so he and the fans would have an excuse for the blowout. That's how the Big 10+1+1 rolls.
I'm not sure Alabama will exactly destroy them, but I feel safe saying Michigan will lose. Alabama usually comes out looking to fuck somebody up in these "big" opening games so far, so I like the odds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:09:30 AM »
I'm not sure Alabama will exactly destroy them, but I feel safe saying Michigan will lose. Alabama usually comes out looking to fuck somebody up in these "big" opening games so far, so I like the odds.

And then the fact that Michigan is overrated and you are a much better team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 10:01:09 AM »

Hey Pawwwwl! How'd you like how Saybun and the Tahd made dat Meechigun azz quit, Pawwwwwl? I think they r dun fer now. Bama done ended anuther program. When they gon let us move up to the NFL? I'll hang up n lisen.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg