funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: It's...It's Almost Here...My God...Mother of God
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »
I can't wait...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »
Listened to all the hype. 

Finally started watching Breaking Bad from the beginning this weekend.  I've finished the entire first season and am six or seven episodes into Season Two.

Those of you who've tried to put this show in the same ballpark at The Sopranos, allow me to retort:
Pffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. 

It's not a bad show.  It has its moments.  But it's not in the same ballpark, division or league as The Sopranos.  Any single episode from the first four seasons of The Sopranos is greater than the sum total of what I've seen from this show so far. 

I get Walt's motivation.  But there's no way he gets the drop on THREE career criminals with a penchant for violence in his condition or with his knowledge.  I just can't buy that. 

And the semi-casual way he transitioned to straight up murder doesn't work for me. 

I'm going to give it a few more episodes, but it's not must see for me at this point.

The Sopranos is the New York Yankees.  Breaking Bad is the Memphis Chicks.  Still good baseball and better than a lot of things.  But not the majors.  Sorry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:25:46 AM »
Listened to all the hype. 

Finally started watching Breaking Bad from the beginning this weekend.  I've finished the entire first season and am six or seven episodes into Season Two.

Those of you who've tried to put this show in the same ballpark at The Sopranos, allow me to retort:
Pffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. 

It's not a bad show.  It has its moments.  But it's not in the same ballpark, division or league as The Sopranos.  Any single episode from the first four seasons of The Sopranos is greater than the sum total of what I've seen from this show so far. 

I get Walt's motivation.  But there's no way he gets the drop on THREE career criminals with a penchant for violence in his condition or with his knowledge.  I just can't buy that. 

And the semi-casual way he transitioned to straight up murder doesn't work for me. 

I'm going to give it a few more episodes, but it's not must see for me at this point.

The Sopranos is the New York Yankees.  Breaking Bad is the Memphis Chicks.  Still good baseball and better than a lot of things.  But not the majors.  Sorry.

Who has said it was as good as Sopranos? I know I don't think it is. Although BB is very good. Sopranos is in a league of its own with a few other great shows. It's not fair to compare other shows to Sopranos, TAGS, MASH, Cheers, Seinfeld, Frazier, etc etc. Because you will consider them a fail if they don't measure up.

All of your questions about Walt's character and his personality switch very quickly? It is summed up in the title of the show. I think that is supposed to be the irony of it all. Feasible and realistic though? Maybe not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
Walt is dead.

Heisenberg is all that's left now...

Because I said so.

You're done when I say you're done.

I forgive you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »

You like KISS.

You do not like the Simpsons.

My hair is a bird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »
Who has said it was as good as Sopranos? I know I don't think it is. Although BB is very good. Sopranos is in a league of its own with a few other great shows. It's not fair to compare other shows to Sopranos, TAGS, MASH, Cheers, Seinfeld, Frazier, etc etc. Because you will consider them a fail if they don't measure up.

All of your questions about Walt's character and his personality switch very quickly? It is summed up in the title of the show. I think that is supposed to be the irony of it all. Feasible and realistic though? Maybe not.

I've heard it described as "better than Sopranos" several times.  Perhaps not here. 

It's not really that I consider other shows a fail, but there are certain shows that set standards that the rest should aspire to. 

I like (and occasionally watch) lesser shows.  Dexter, which I like a lot isn't Sopranos-level but I enjoy it.  I did like Dexter better when he was just eliminating people that needed it and not having epic showdowns with people like John Lithgow or Tom Hanks' Son/Admiral Adama. 

Spartacus, which I didn't like to begin with, grew on me with the complete debauchery and a pretty decent nugget of story and intrigue wrapped around some laughingly bad dialogue.  It's not Sopranos level either. 

Bad is not quite Dexter but it's better than, say, The Glades which I do unfortunately watch hoping for improvement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 03:29:56 PM »
You like KISS.

You do not like the Simpsons.

My hair is a bird.
You are a rooster illusion
friendly
funny